The BigXII should replace Baylor with Rice

hornian

There’s an article on Burnt Orange Nation today about whether Baylor should stay in the Big XII.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/10/10/17958156/baylor-bears-scandal-big-12-conference-board-of-regents-ncaa-investigation

If I had a vote, it would be a no. Send a message that some things are bigger than sports. 

I’d also replace Baylor with Rice - still a private school, better academically, and we’d be guaranteed a game every other year in Houston.  

• Like 4

I like the notion of adding a team in the Houston market, and I'd much rather take Rice over Cougar High.  But for quality of athletics (yes I agree that generally some things are bigger than sports), I think Rice would be a step down.  For the big three revenue sports, Rice would be a downgrade in football (at least based on the last 10 years), about the same or a bit better in baseball, and a huge downgrade in basketball.  Looking at those aspects, I think we could do better than Rice as a substitute for Baylor. 

But I agree wholeheartedly with dumping Baylor.  I don't think the Big XII would kick them out, but I think there's a better chance they'll get left behind when we blow all this shit up during the next round of realignment (the talk, it just won't go away).

• Like 1

Neither Rice nor Tulane would ever compete in the Big XII. Too small and academic focused. Think Baylor’s first decade, but worse, and permanent. I don’t think either would ever have the resources to commit to being competitive. KU is bad enough, two bottom feeders is too much. I say yes on kicking out Baylor, but if you want Houston take the cougs, if you want expanded footprint take BYU or maybe even Colorado State considering their recent investment. Other considerations would be the regular names, UCF, USF, or Memphis (if FedEx will invest in new facilities).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hornian said:

I would love to add Tulane. Trip to NO every other year? Yes please!

This is a more appropriate view of how to solve this. Tulane provides an excellent away game experience with a somewhat decent gaggle of swamp donks.

Houston has fat chicks and mildly exciting bar scene so....no.

I’ve never been to Boise so if someone could tell me a little more about those potato eatin bitches, this could help my decision.

No to anyone in Dallas, we already rip it there for an absolute blast that can’t be compared to every year.

BYU would be fun because if we schedule them late, we have skiing and snow bunnies to defile.

No to UTEP for replacement. If I have to explain this then go visit El Paso.

I say we reach for the stars, replace Baylor with Oregon. I’m no meteorologist, but it’s always raining bitches there. Easy solution right?

29 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

This is a more appropriate view of how to solve this. Tulane provides an excellent away game experience with a somewhat decent gaggle of swamp donks.

Houston has fat chicks and mildly exciting bar scene so....no.

I’ve never been to Boise so if someone could tell me a little more about those potato eatin bitches, this could help my decision.

No to anyone in Dallas, we already rip it there for an absolute blast that can’t be compared to every year.

BYU would be fun because if we schedule them late, we have skiing and snow bunnies to defile.

No to UTEP for replacement. If I have to explain this then go visit El Paso.

I say we reach for the stars, replace Baylor with Oregon. I’m no meteorologist, but it’s always raining bitches there. Easy solution right?

This is dead wrong. Dallas has fat chicks. And for my evidence, I present @Vic Mackey. Yet, we allow TCU (Ft. Worth, I know, but DFW so fuck off) to be in the conference. The above logic is flawed. Game, set, and match.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

This is dead wrong. Dallas has fat chicks. And for my evidence, I present @Vic Mackey. Yet, we allow TCU (Ft. Worth, I know, but DFW so fuck off) to be in the conference. The above logic is flawed. Game, set, and match.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/the-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-america/

Sounds like you’re a bit of a novice when it comes to chicks, but I’ll help. Dallas has higher quality poon than Houston. Good call on adding TCU to the discussion. We already play them. The thread title led me to believe that we were discussing replacing someone with a team that wasn’t in our conference. 

Vic could find a fat chick in a juice bar so adding his research would be like you trying to read a thread title in this scenario.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Why does Texas play Rice?

I'm all for it..! I campaign the same for the inclusion of Rice into the XII on dirt as well... #GoOwls..!

As the 2 academically elite schools in the Lone Star State, it is just as natural for Texas to play Rice as a conference member, as does California & UCLA...

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Neither Rice nor Tulane would ever compete in the Big XII. Too small and academic focused. Think Baylor’s first decade, but worse, and permanent. I don’t think either would ever have the resources to commit to being competitive. KU is bad enough, two bottom feeders is too much. I say yes on kicking out Baylor, but if you want Houston take the cougs, if you want expanded footprint take BYU or maybe even Colorado State considering their recent investment. Other considerations would be the regular names, UCF, USF, or Memphis (if FedEx will invest in new facilities).

Baylor doesn't compete in the B12 either without a complete lack of standards and institutional control.  Kick em out.  Not sure why we need to add another small private school instead.  We already have TCU, who seemingly competes in an honest manner.  We should take a state school.  If we want to take a reach, we should take Texas State University.  They're fairly new to FBS and need a bigger stadium, but they have a large student body and a university name that punches above their historic weight class.  Plus aggy would lose their collective mind.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Baylor doesn't compete in the B12 either without a complete lack of standards and institutional control.  Kick em out.  Not sure why we need to add another small private school instead.  We already have TCU, who seemingly competes in an honest manner.  We should take a state school.  If we want to take a reach, we should take Texas State University.  They're fairly new to FBS and need a bigger stadium, but they have a large student body and a university name that punches above their historic weight class.  Plus aggy would lose their collective mind.

Welcome aboard. I would absolutely vote to replace Baylor with Texas State if I had a vote.

42 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/the-fittest-and-fattest-cities-in-america/

Sounds like you’re a bit of a novice when it comes to chicks, but I’ll help. Dallas has higher quality poon than Houston. Good call on adding TCU to the discussion. We already play them. The thread title led me to believe that we were discussing replacing someone with a team that wasn’t in our conference. 

Vic could find a fat chick in a juice bar so adding his research would be like you trying to read a thread title in this scenario.

notice the text in red that says the actual figure of overweight and obese:

Most Overweight Cities Cities (Percentage of residents that are overweight):

Phoenix(41.1) El Paso (41.1) Cleveland (40.9) San Jose (39.1) Baltimore (38.4) Most Obese Cities (Percentage of residents that are obese): Memphis (35.8) Arlington (35.3) Dallas (33.8) Detroit (33.1) New Orleans (32.6)

notice which city (and one of its burbs) is in the list , and which is not.  (honorable mention to you, el fatso)

Edited by elfenix

Texas State has nearly 35,000 undergrads. Give them the publicity boost of joining a major conference and watch their applicant pool improve. It's dumb but that actually happens as we know from stories about football team success leading to more applications. DO IT! Replace Baylor with Texas State!

Yes, I know it will never happen.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

While we're being silly, let's add Texas State. If they'd get their program to a decent level it's a perfect new rival. Their name is Texas State, they're just down the road, their campus is nice, and their women are, uh, also nice.

Nothing silly about their women