Things not going well for the University of Louisville

Parliament

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24997961/louisville-cardinals-te-kemari-averett-charged-threat-kill-girlfriend

Louisville football player Kemari Averett was charged Tuesday with putting a gun to his girlfriend's head and threatening to kill her. The tight end was suspended from the team.

Olry?

This made me lol:

Petrino added in a statement that the team strives to "develop a culture of accountability that everyone in our program must live up to.''

8 minutes ago, RoundRobin said:

So one of Petrino's core values is that we don't put guns to people's heads. Adultery is still ok, right?

Petrino's core values are not that hard to understand. Core value number one is "You can Fuck em', just don't kill em'". I am guessing value #2 is "if you kill em', then don't fuck em'".

Edited by FloridaHorn
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Parliament said:

And they're playing real bad at football too.  But with the ongoing Pitino unpleasantness, can they afford to fire him?

Can they afford NOT to? Oh wait, this is Louisville and they don’t give a shit about optics, or ethics, or anything but winning. 

And they arent  even winning now. I love it.

Any of you racist assholes ever stop to think he was holding the gun to her head because it was she that violated Petrino's culture of accountability?  Man just enforcing team rules and y'all jump on his ass 'cause he black.  

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Remember when we almost let them in our conference?

Can you imagine the Big12 dealing with both Baylor and Louisville's scandals?

my suspicion is that we didn't come close to letting them in.  moronboren/okrahomerow were pushing that for reasons i never knew, but to my knowledge we never considered it.

1 minute ago, yaqdum said:

my suspicion is that we didn't come close to letting them in.  moronboren/okrahomerow were pushing that for reasons i never knew, but to my knowledge we never considered it.

Because of political pressure. Kentucky had some Senator with some sort of connection to Boren who was pushing it.

I wanted them at the time though, before I realized how much better a ten team conference is compared to a twelve team one.

Edited by Valmy77

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Because of political pressure. Kentucky had some Senator with some sort of connection to Boren who was pushing it.

I wanted them at the time though, before I realized how much better a ten team conference is compared to a twelve team one.

Some Senator?

Try Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. That's some pretty big pressure.

6 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

The fact that Petrino and Meyer are still coaching, and that UL, Rapelor, and PedoState still have football programs tells you all you need to know about the joke that is the NCAA. Kids making money off shoes, going straight to the NBA, their own likeness in video games or off garb with their name and number on it, fuck that shit. Pederasts and the enablers, rapists and their protectors, sleeze bag coaches and cheating ass boosters no problem.

The NCAA is all about money. They don't give a shit about morals or anything like that. Sure, they will give slaps on the wrist now days to programs like Penn St and the likes but it's nothing but a dog and pony show.

Petrino's core values are not that hard to understand. Core value number one is "You can Fuck em', just don't kill em'". I am guessing value #2 is "if you kill em', then don't fuck em'".
Or "if you kill em make it look like an accident, say motorcycle accident or something".

17 minutes ago, Whitman said:

I wonder if an SMU type death penalty is even possible now for a major program with the amount of money tossed around.

Absolutely not. NCAA has pretty much said they are never laying a death penalty punishment at the doorstep of any program. Especially with how it ruined SMU. And what SMU did was child's play compared to Penn St.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Why should we trust Dan Dakich?

He's an ESPN-affiliated analyst in Indianapolis. Hosts The Dan Dakich Show on ESPN 1070 The Fan. Used to be a college basketball coach, apparently. 

Don't see how he's more or less credible than anyone else in a position to report something like this.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He's an ESPN-affiliated analyst in Indianapolis. Hosts The Dan Dakich Show on ESPN 1070 The Fan. Used to be a college basketball coach, apparently. 

Don't see how he's more or less credible than anyone else in a position to report something like this.

He's a hack who will do/say just about anything to get his name out there.   This is a 'blind squirrel finding a nut' / 'stab in the dark' attempt by Dakich.  He's reporting what everyone else believes is going to happen - but is attaching a date to it in an attempt to make it sound official.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:17 PM, Whitman said:

I wonder if an SMU type death penalty is even possible now for a major program with the amount of money tossed around.

I don't know but they love fucking us every chance they get. Dechambeau going pro and telling them to go fuck themselves after they suspended our golf team from postseason play his senior year was great - NCAA championship in hand.

3 hours ago, satyanash said:

Dakich scheduled Zach Smith for his radio show this past Tuesday..... fortunately, complaints forced him to cancel.....