20    Boston College
21    Mississippi State
22    Northwestern
23    Utah State
24    Cincinnati
25    Boise State

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

LSU my fucking ass.

Yeah, that is some gratuitous ranking right there. The committee awarded them points on failing to score a single fucking point against Bama? I would argue that every other team in the top 20 could score a fucking point against Alabama. Maybe only a field goal, but they would score. They have no business in the top 10.

• Like 1

If you're going to the Cotton Bowl semifinal, pretty clear it will be the early game that day. As the No. 1 team, Bama will select to play in Jerry World over Miami. Which means Notre Dame will be in the 2-3 game in Miami, which means ABC will 100 percent make that the prime time game for ratings purposes.

I know they beat aggy but I still find this amusing.

Mississippi State: 6-4 (2-4) scored 67 points in conference play, allowed 106.... Ranked 21st, how can you be ranked with a 2-4 conference record lol. They scored 16 points in those 4 losses and lost by an average of 17 points...

Texas A&M: 6-4 (4-3) scored 168 points in conference play, allowed 179.... Not ranked

For the record neither of these teams should be in the top 25 but this dumb ass committee can't even looked like competent biased assholes, they have to look like biased assholes.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Not bad. Almost half the league.

Starting to sound like SEC fans.  

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Kentucky who is #17. Ketucky..  #17... 

Has Middle Tennessee State coming to play them this late in the season.

#17 Kentucky #17.  

First person who can name the city and mascot or MTSU gets a POS rep from me.

MTSU might actually give them a bit of a game. MTSU is not horrible.

You might remember them for playing such teams as:

Vanderbilt

Georgia

2 of their 3 losses.

Dear Jesus, gift me a Kentucky loss to MTSU.

Murfreesboro, TN   and Blue Raiders.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Fart said:

Starting to sound like SEC fans.  

Starting? I am insulted. I have been a conference guy since the 1980s, it is how my dad raised me. Even though the 1980s SWC was not really deserving of my esteem to say the least.

But while I hope everybody loses and we win, the credibility of the Big12 is an issue.

16 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Kentucky who is #17. Ketucky..  #17... 

Has Middle Tennessee State coming to play them this late in the season.

#17 Kentucky #17.  

First person who can name the city and mascot or MTSU gets a POS rep from me.

MTSU might actually give them a bit of a game. MTSU is not horrible.

You might remember them for playing such teams as:

Vanderbilt

Georgia

2 of their 3 losses.

Dear Jesus, gift me a Kentucky loss to MTSU.

MTSU is in Asshole, Tennessee and their mascot is a piss-drunk jazz bassist. 

Do I win?

• Like 2

Also - can we agree that it is so. fucking. refreshing to actually be one of the teams that is on this list for once? And in the top 15 at that? 

Herman had his takeover year and he gave us a winning record with a convincing bowl win. In year 2 we are looking like a 9-11 win team. In year 3 I think the expectation is 11 wins and a Big12CCG berth and run at the playoff. We almost did it this year but it proved to be a bit immature. 

When we hired Herman I thought he would piss a lot of people off and that he would win a lot of football games. So far he's tracking well in both regards. 

1 hour ago, Texas25 said:

Mississippi State: 6-4 (2-4) scored 67 points in conference play, allowed 106.... Ranked 21st, how can you be ranked with a 2-4 conference record lol. They scored 16 points in those 4 losses and lost by an average of 17 points...

Texas A&M: 6-4 (4-3) scored 168 points in conference play, allowed 179.... Not ranked

For the record neither of these teams should be in the top 25 but this dumb ass committee can't even looked like competent biased assholes, they have to look like biased assholes.

With the SECN "partnership" with the ESPN that owns the rights to the CFP, this is the result... Not even smoke & mirrors, more like exhaust & ultraviolet refraction of light...

57 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Who I do and do not hate actually has pretty limited effect on how I evaluate and wager on teams not named Texas, Aggy or Ousux. I don't wager on those at all.

I just meant that Barry Alvarez is reason enough to hate the B1G. You bet however you want.

5 hours ago, Hamttx said:

Yeah, that is some gratuitous ranking right there. The committee awarded them points on failing to score a single fucking point against Bama? I would argue that every other team in the top 20 could score a fucking point against Alabama. Maybe only a field goal, but they would score. They have no business in the top 10.

LSU getting shut out means Bama has an elite defense to go along with their top offense. So LSU's SOS just went through the roof. 

6 hours ago, Texas25 said:

They are showing their lack of bias by only having SEC with the #2 team with 1 loss.  Never mind the top rated 2, 3, and 4 loss teams

4 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I like this idea...

Dr7A7kWX0AAxJa8.jpg:large

Except change the first 4 games to Tuscaloosa, Ann Arbor, Clemson and South Bend. Need to save those other bowls for other teams. No sense in a team playing in two bowl games in one season. Also, make it a reward for the higher seeds, to play at home.

1 hour ago, bamachine said:

Except change the first 4 games to Tuscaloosa, Ann Arbor, Clemson and South Bend. Need to save those other bowls for other teams. No sense in a team playing in two bowl games in one season. Also, make it a reward for the higher seeds, to play at home.

The Round of 8 games should be played in mid-December, when kids are still in school. Then a 2 weeks break before the Semifinal and a week later, the Final.

10 hours ago, bamachine said:

Agreed, top 4 seeds get the games at the home site; then bowl games...

They have the top 4 right.  But man the rest of the list is a shit show IMO.  How could anyone put OU 6 watching their defense week in and week out?  BC is on the list after getting shut out in a night game at home, outside of a kick return score?  After Alabama and Georgia, every SEC team on the list is over rated.  These people claim to watch the games and rank teams week to week but its clear they don't.  LSU is living off its Georgia upset where Georgia beat themselves by abandoning the run.

Also, for a four team bracket, ranking 25 deep seems like a waste of time.  It seems like they just picked 25 to mirror the AP poll.  I think they should cut it down to 10-15.

Eight team format can't get here soon enough.

22 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Good grief watching these guys on ESPN right now performing oral sex on OU is nauseating. Idiot Jesse Palmer declaring the OU offense the best ever. FU OSU for missing the extra point last sat!

Actually he made a solid point, and it obviously went against the corporate agenda based on the looks he received from Reece, Joey and Pollock when he said it. 

Simply put, he pointed out that if one feels that the metric of having a great defense based on statistics is a requirement. And then applies those numbers to say that on paper LSU is X amount of points better then ou. Then by the same metric you must also recognize the rarified air that ou is putting up offensively. Numbers that if they hold up will be the highest ever recorded in college football history. And then the logic becomes LSU’s offense sucks so they shouldn’t be in. 

Basiclly he addressed the elephant in the room. That it is easy to pick the numbers that support your case. Yes you can beat up ou for their shit defense. But then you should also beat up the teams that have the suck for offense.

And his closing comment was definitely on point with “you only have to have one more point then the other guy to win. Whether that is 21-20 or 49-50”. I thought it was something that should be pointed out. 

• Like 2