Yeah uh, we need a real offensive coordinator

GreenspointTexas

Our offense is too easy to scheme against.  We do almost nothing creative and that makes the defenses we face a step faster than they're supposed to be.  We need an OC who specializes in calling games.  He has to have that feel for the game and such... Beck needs to fucking go.

Edited by RabidM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Seriously, quit fucking around and hire a spread/air raid OC.. jfc

Seriously, quit fucking around and fuck your own face. 

The last thing I need on a night like tonight is you starting threads. When Texas loses, I don’t want to see “Greenspoint” appear. You are beyond fucking retarded. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/27/2018 at 8:19 PM, Fuck Tim Beck said:

I'm shocked the run, run, incomplete pass isn't successful.  Shocked I tell you 

On 10/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Up the middle.  Up the middle.  Pass short of the 1st down marker.  What could go wrong?

RBs ran the ball a total of 17 times today. That was a huge part of the problem today.

• Like 2

Meh, the offense was okay.

If I ever see the defense looking at the sideline again when the ball is being snapped will be too soon.  Get fucking set.

Oh and by the way one more delay of game on the offense when there is a fucking change of possession and that coach needs to be fucking fired immediately.  

Our offense is too easy to scheme against for this league. It may not be easy to stop, but when you only need 2 or 3 stops a game to win, it's a schematic disadvantage.    

We also fucking need a new offensive staff and a bad ass play caller.  Herman needs to stop making strategic mistakes... that should be fixable.

Meh, the offense was okay.
If I ever see the defense looking at the sideline again when the ball is being snapped will be too soon.  Get fucking set.

Oh and by the way one more delay of game on the offense when there is a fucking change of possession and that coach needs to be fucking fired immediately.  

Okay doesn’t win championships.

Herman needs to learn he isn't in the big 10 any more you can't go up by to two scores and then fucking turtle and still win. You have to keep moving the ball how many fucking  collapses have we seen this year because we get way to conservative and let the other team get back in. And this mentality infects the team and leads to them playing lazy when we have a lead and it causes problems.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Herman need to learn he isn't in the big 10 any more you can't go up by to two scores and then fucking turtle and still win. You have to keep moving the ball how many fucking  collapes have we seen this year because we get way to conservative and let the other team get back in. And this mentality infects the team and lead to them lazy when we have a lead and it causes the problems.

Exactly this.  There is a reason we blew every fucking lead in every game.  This coaching staff turns into the biggest pussies when we lead.  They become conservative and try to slow the game down.  That will not fucking work in the big 12.  This league is full of coaches that keep their fucking foot on the pedal.  Hopefully we see this change next year.  Like you said, it affects the team's mentality.  The players need to be on edge and in attack mode all game long.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Exactly this.  There is a reason we blew every fucking lead in every game.  This coaching staff turns into the biggest pussies when we lead.  They become conservative and try to slow the game down.  That will not fucking work in the big 12.  This league is full of coaches that keep their fucking foot on the pedal.  Hopefully we see this change next year.  Like you said, it affects the team's mentality.  The players need to be on edge and in attack mode all game long.

I think your last sentence is particularly cogent.  Everything just goes to hell when we turtle.

If we want to run this ball control offense, we need to commit to the running game.  Giving Ingram, the most dynamic runner on our team, only 4 carries against a terrible run defense is fucking retarded.  It's the biggest problem I have with Herman and Beck.  If you want to run this offense (which would not be my first choice, but whatever, it can work), you have to commit to running the ball.  Abandoning it after to or three tries and then throwing deep is not going to cut it.  We also need a much better o-line.  

if you'd told me that we would hold OU to 39 points i'd have thought we won the game by double digits. pretty shocking to hold them under 40 and lose by double digits. the referees stymied our offense with regularity, which has to be noted. still, scoring in the 20's vs this OU defense is shockinf

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

If we want to run this ball control offense, we need to commit to the running game.  Giving Ingram, the most dynamic runner on our team, only 4 carries against a terrible run defense is fucking retarded.  It's the biggest problem I have with Herman and Beck.  If you want to run this offense (which would not be my first choice, but whatever, it can work), you have to commit to running the ball.  Abandoning it after to or three tries and then throwing deep is not going to cut it.  We also need a much better o-line.  

You’re almost in offseason form. 

This right here. I don't want to throw on every down. I want to run the ball and then spread it around.

I'm OK with 2 yard runs. 2nd 8 is OK. 2nd and 10 sucks.

Just now, Snacks said:

Nope. We will lose a bunch of Seniors on defense and the left side of the OL.

We're going to struggle.

Guess what?  We’re going to graduate players every year.  So is every team we play.  The players that will have to step in and step up have the best chance to do that if they aren’t having to learn their 50659954th offensive system since they stepped on campus.  We just had our most successful offensive and team season in close to a decade.  You’re certainly entitled to your opinion that now is the time to make coaching changes, but I don’t think you are right and I don’t think you will see them.

• Like 1