Long time Coach calls timeout-and calls it a day

bmbmd

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/longtime-college-football-coach-calls-timeout-retires-and-walks-to-his-car-like-a-boss/ar-BBPbrGj?li=BBnb7Kz

East Stroudsburg (Pa.) University head football coach Denny Douds went out in style last Saturday.

The 77-year-old college coach, at the time the active leader in NCAA games coached in any division, called a timeout in the waning seconds of his team's 48-35 loss to fellow Division II school Ohio Dominican — and unexpectedly announced his retirement after 45 seasons at the helm of the program. 

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Badass

The Wawa across from the East Stroudsburg campus is a frequent road trip stop so this hits close to home /csb

I have a Wawa coffee cup, so when I hear that it hits close to home for you, I nod sagely and realize that it also hits close to home for the people who sold me that cup.

• Like 1

First, I agree that this is pretty cool. He saw the way he wanted to end it and did it. It's all about coaching, and that was over. I bet he didn't relish press conferences and other social affairs. He just wanted to leave the field. I bet he told his players to meet him at whatever the WaWa is.

Second, did that TV coverage only have one camera? Even if they did, the story is what the coach is doing not the teams shaking hands. The coach is doing something unique and interesting; we've seen teams mill around together a million times which usually does make a nice visual ending to a contest. Poor coverage.

Good luck, coach!

giphy__16_.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

First, I agree that this is pretty cool. He saw the way he wanted to end it and did it. It's all about coaching, and that was over. I bet he didn't relish press conferences and other social affairs. He just wanted to leave the field. I bet he told his players to meet him at whatever the WaWa is.

Second, did that TV coverage only have one camera? Even if they did, the story is what the coach is doing not the teams shaking hands. The coach is doing something unique and interesting; we've seen teams mill around together a million times which usually does make a nice visual ending to a contest. Poor coverage.

Good luck, coach!

giphy__16_.gif

Wawa is basically Philly Bucee's (and Sheetz is Pittsburgh Bucee's). It's great.