Bama vs LSU 7pm CBS

LTtxfan

Alabama is awesome if you are a gambler.  9-0 on the 1st half lines and 8-1 for the full game.  If they didn't have such a crappy kicker, they would be a perfect team.  Lots of world class Sunday players.  If the QB stays healthy, nobody is staying within 2 TDs of them.  I considered going to Vegas to place a huge future bet to win it all but after last night its probably -300.  This is Sabans best team ever at Alabama and one of the best teams ever...really bc the QB is unbelievable and he has amazing receivers 

Edited by AtticusFinch

13 minutes ago, AtticusFinch said:

Alabama is awesome if you are a gambler.  9-0 on the 1st half lines and 8-1 for the full game.  If they didn't have such a crappy kicker, they would be a perfect team.  Lots of world class Sunday players.  If the QB stays healthy, nobody is staying within 2 TDs of them.  I considered going to Vegas to place a huge future bet to win it all but after last night its probably -300.  This is Sabans best team ever at Alabama and one of the best teams ever...really bc the QB is unbelievable and he has amazing receivers 

Yeah, they're going to butt fuck whoever they play this year.  No one is stopping that train.   Thanks again Mack for blocking the potential Saban hire.  Would suck to be dominant again.  

Those line records are incredible.

People say that clemson is built to play with them. Lolol. Alabama can pick a score vs the tigers.

They had a 106 predictor score in the sagarin ratings about a month ago. Next closest was like ohio state(when they were rolling) at like 97.. means bama would beat the next best team by at least 10. That number has since regressed down to 102 because they only beat arkansas by like 35 instead of the 49 like they needed. But that score is unheard of!

Hurts sucking it up in the mnc was the worst thing to happen to college football for the next 3 years. This team is an all timer... if not thee best ever

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hurts sucking it up in the mnc was the worst thing to happen to college football for the next 3 years. This team is an all timer... if not thee best ever

The NCAA is pretty much a rigged economy now, at least at the top.  The same teams in the top 10/25 every year. 

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer or stay the same year over year.

The NFL is the complete opposite from a level playing field standpoint as far as keeping the competition strong and games interesting.

As long as we keep the money flowing into this scam and maintain our emotional attachments to “our teams” praying for that one special year to come out on top, nothing will change.

Sad!

But I’ll still watch and pull for my team.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Those line records are incredible.

People say that clemson is built to play with them. Lolol. Alabama can pick a score vs the tigers.

They had a 106 predictor score in the sagarin ratings about a month ago. Next closest was like ohio state(when they were rolling) at like 97.. means bama would beat the next best team by at least 10. That number has since regressed down to 102 because they only beat arkansas by like 35 instead of the 49 like they needed. But that score is unheard of!

Clemson is only 5 away from Bama in sagarin's ratings right now. 

Funny to see people saying the same things they said two years ago...."Bama can pick their score against the Tigers." Two years ago Bama was rolling into the national championship game as the "best team ever" because that Bama team had the best defense of all time, until Clemson rolled them up for over 500 yards. 

Yeah this team is different cause of Tua, but if Clemson and Bama play, it will be a dogfight, not a rollover and show your belly like LSU did last night. 

Clemson is only 5 away from Bama in sagarin's ratings right now. 
Funny to see people saying the same things they said two years ago...."Bama can pick their score against the Tigers." Two years ago Bama was rolling into the national championship game as the "best team ever" because that Bama team had the best defense of all time, until Clemson rolled them up for over 500 yards. 
Yeah this team is different cause of Tua, but if Clemson and Bama play, it will be a dogfight, not a rollover and show your belly like LSU did last night. 
I'll be pleasantly surprised if sunshine keeps it within 10 so we get a game out of it.

Not sure how hes going to do vs bama under the lights

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, I lived through The Three Mikes of the Bamapocalypse.

Word on the Screet was that Mike Price liked to drink with students and wander around close to the dorms. If so, Destiny down in Panama City probably saved UA from a spate of #MeToo lawsuits.

Texas has got the Yellow Rose distracting Santa Anna. Bama has got Destiny. She ain't a looker, but by golly, she did her part.

"I'm rollin, baby! I'm rollin!"-- Mike Price

coll-football-closeup-portrait-of-adult-

I just came to say that Saban will always own Orgeron, just like he owned Les. 
LSU has some great players, but like always, they allow their talent to win for them. It works against most teams, but not Bama.
They never show up disciplined, well-coached, or with a coherent game plan. They just don't know what to do when Saban is aware of their tendencies and matches them talent for talent.

I knew this game was over after the first quarter. Burrow and the offense were already flailing. I turned it to the TTU-OU game until Bowman went out and the Tech offense went belly up.

Went to bed early and got some good sleep.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The NCAA is pretty much a rigged economy now, at least at the top.  The same teams in the top 10/25 every year. 

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer or stay the same year over year.

You mean like, for basically the entire history of the sport?

Both of those hyped up SEC top 10 matchups were boring as fuck. But most knew LSU and Kentucky had zero chance to win. Especially Kentucky. Bama just went through the motions and still dominated LSU at home. Was LSU their biggest threat to them in the SEC? Maybe Georgia? Bama is so far ahead of the field in the SEC it isn't even funny. I mean in years past, it always seemed there was at least one team who could sneak up on them. Not this year.

How to possibly beat Bama:

First you need a scrambling QB that spreads their defense out and runs a lot.  Basically you’re going to have to make a lot of miraculous broken plays because the shit you draw up isn’t going to work.  Take whatever their defense is willing to give you.

Second, you have to make them play from behind early which they never do. Rough up their receivers at the line of scrimmage a lot, make them have to throw to win.  

Of course this sounds easier than it really is but if you’re playing from way behind against Bama, you’ve already lost because they control everything at that point. 

First you need a scrambling QB that spreads their defense out and runs a lot.  Basically you’re going to have to make a lot of miraculous broken plays because the shit you draw up isn’t going to work.  Take whatever their defense is willing to give you.
Second, you have to make them play from behind early which they never do. Rough up their receivers at the line of scrimmage a lot, make them have to throw to win.  
Of course this sounds easier than it really is but if you’re playing from way behind against Bama, you’ve already lost because they control everything at that point. 

Has Bama trailed at any point this year? If so, I'd like to see the total time. Hell, what is the total time they have even been tied.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Both of those hyped up SEC top 10 matchups were boring as fuck. But most knew LSU and Kentucky had zero chance to win. Especially Kentucky. Bama just went through the motions and still dominated LSU at home. Was LSU their biggest threat to them in the SEC? Maybe Georgia? Bama is so far ahead of the field in the SEC it isn't even funny. I mean in years past, it always seemed there was at least one team who could sneak up on them. Not this year.

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Has Bama trailed at any point this year? If so, I'd like to see the total time. Hell, what is the total time they have even been tied.

They have trailed for like 70 seconds this season.  Ole Miss scored on them their first play.  Bama scored 70 seconds later and shut them out from there winning 62-7.

I'm not really sure what anyone that thinks Clemson (or any other team for that matter) can hang with these guys is watching.  Because its not what I am watching.  This is by far the best college team I have ever seen simply because of Tua.  They are stacked everywhere, like always, and they added an all timer at QB which Saban has never had.  If Tua stays healthy, everyone else is playing for 2nd and will be next year too.

Just now, Hozz said:

They have trailed for like 70 seconds this season.  Ole Miss scored on them their first play.  Bama scored 70 seconds later and shut them out from there winning 62-7.

I'm not really sure what anyone that thinks Clemson (or any other team for that matter) can hang with these guys is watching.  Because its not what I am watching.  This is by far the best college team I have ever seen simply because of Tua.  They are stacked everywhere, like always, and they added an all timer at QB which Saban has never had.  If Tua stays healthy, everyone else is playing for 2nd and will be next year too.

That's right I forgot about the Ole Miss game where they scored right away. To only trail for 70 seconds this deep into the season is fucking unreal.

Clemson in the past competed with Bama because of Watson being able to make plays with his arm and legs. That has always given Bama's fits. Can Lawrence do the same for this year's Clemson team if they play Bama? I don't think he can. 

It sucks to say but I really think Kyler Murray and OU have the best shot out of any of the teams left to knock off Bama. Although Tua would destroy their secondary. But they have the offense to be able to keep up with them.

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I've got to say that that sounds an awful lot like the usual stuff to do against a great QB. "Gotta get pressure on him. Push him out of his comfort zone. Force him into errors."  That's the goal every game against everybody. You just can't get it done against great players and teams.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

I've got to say that that sounds an awful lot like the usual stuff to do against a great QB. "Gotta get pressure on him. Push him out of his comfort zone. Force him into errors."  That's the goal every game against everybody. You just can't get it done against great players and teams.

Most teams that play Bama try to keep it close by running the ball, chewing up clock, and hoping something breaks their way in the end.  That strategy isn’t going to work against their now high powered offense.  

You almost have to play like you’re way behind from the beginning and go for crazy shit they aren’t expecting.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Most teams that play Bama try to keep it close by running the ball, chewing up clock, and hoping something breaks their way in the end.  That strategy isn’t going to work against their now high powered offense.  

You almost have to play like you’re way behind from the beginning and go for crazy shit they aren’t expecting.

That's because SEC teams don't play offense that way. None of them have the offenses to keep up with Bama or a QB who can do damage.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That's right I forgot about the Ole Miss game where they scored right away. To only trail for 70 seconds this deep into the season is fucking unreal.

Clemson in the past competed with Bama because of Watson being able to make plays with his arm and legs. That has always given Bama's fits. Can Lawrence do the same for this year's Clemson team if they play Bama? I don't think he can. 

It sucks to say but I really think Kyler Murray and OU have the best shot out of any of the teams left to knock off Bama. Although Tua would destroy their secondary. But they have the offense to be able to keep up with them.

I agree about Kyler and OU, the game might get in a shootout with both teams putting up video game numbers. In a game like that one missed scoring opportunity could be the game

Clemson looks alot more capable after Dabo replaced Kelley Bryant with sunshine. Bryant wasn't a passing threat and a one dimensional offense isn't winning against equal talent.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:20 AM, AtticusFinch said:

It's rare that you have auto plays on a team - Gary Andersen a few years ago, Baylor when putting up basketball scores awhile back, Bama this year.  And, yes, it's been profitable and there's no way I'm getting off the train this weekend.  I'll take my chances, anytime, with Nick Fitzgerald.  The Alabama futures line has now shot up to -270. I got on them at +125 on Sept 21 for a pretty good-sized play.  You always wish you were on them bigger but oh well.   No one is going to touch them.  Saban is pretty much always going to find a way to keep his team motivated and focused.  Those 2 attributes in place + that level of talent and depth = everyone else is just playing for 2nd.