Official Surly - Texas vs West Virginia Game Thread

Vertigo

Just now, Billy Pilgrim said:

This- if he makes it on the first try, then everyone’s bitching about not using your TO’s, why take them into the locker room, etc.

No, the problem is when you let the kicker stand out there and get live practice in, take the timeout before he swings the leg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Beck haters need to take a hike.

You blamed him all year for any offensive woes but suddenly Orlando's defense sucks and it is because of the players.

Right......

Fuck off assholes.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

If you came here expecting to find people that know what they are talking about I don't know what to tell you.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

If Texas doesn't fix their defense, Iowa State and Tech are going to run up 60 or 70 points.  This is some garbage.  Have no clue what Texas is doing on defense with some truly talented guys but tackling and coverage doesn't seem to be their thing.  

Do you honestly think Iowa State is going to score 60 or 70 points?  They cannot do that against air. We have issues but you do not have to go full retard. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zzz said:

Between that Roach penalty and that timeout, that’s 10 points that are needlessly on the board. If we could just stop stepping on our own dicks. 

I hope the trend from last week where we started to figure things out on defense as the game went on continued. At least I hope. 

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Do you honestly think Iowa State is going to score 60 or 70 points?  They cannot do that against air. We have issues but you do not have to go full retard. 

Yeah, Iowa State is a good balanced team. But WVU is one of the best passing offenses in the country. I can see us getting in the head of freshman quarterbacks early and often.

3 minutes ago, zzz said:

Between that Roach penalty and that timeout, that’s 10 points that are needlessly on the board. If we could just stop stepping on our own dicks. 

You mean that penalty that wasn’t a bad exercise of discretion but instead something that is simply unavailable under the rules of the game?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

"All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box."

Actually the rule is even less lenient. It doesn't matter what position you are playing inside the tackle box - you can be tackled by a horse collar.

I guess they must have missed "horse collar day."  🙄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Transforming into a super gay Aggy/Sooner hybrid. 

Has anybody seen one of these out in the wild? It must be a true horror show. You've got bestiality, incest,  a double dosage of extreme stupidity, and more all rolled into one.

• Like 1