MNF: Chiefs @ Rams

spystud13

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

This Rams team is acting like it just won the Super Bowl. They are definitely vulnerable as seen by the last few weeks, and their defense is really really underperforming. 

Neither of these teams will make the Super Bowl.

I don't trust Mahomes to go into Foxoboro and beat Brady.

I don't trust Goff to beat Brees.

I 100% agreed with what McVay did on that second-to-last possession. He did NOT want to give the ball back to Mahomes with a minute left, which is what would have happened if they had run it three straight times. And who can blame him after watching this shit? He knew one first down on any play would essentially clinch it, and the yardage was there on the 2nd down play but the Chiefs defender made a nice play on the ball. In the end, the Chiefs got the ball back with about 6 extra seconds and a timeout that they wouldn't have had. Of course, it all worked out anyways but I liked the idea.

Incredible game.

Difference being, there was still some tremendous defensive play in that game, regardless that 105 points were scored.  24? points scored defensively and a bunch of turnovers caused as well.  I just don't want to see an ou sucks defense like KU showed Saturday, that was fucking pathetic.  Give me both, and I'm tuned in.

16 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Don't know why you're trying to bomb it deep there.  You've got some time left and you only need a FG.

Twenty seconds left with no time outs and you are still at least thirty yards from field goal territory.  You aren't getting there throwing five yard passes over the middle.  He was going to have to force something deep to have a chance.  I can live with that turnover.  Plus I wouldn't have been playing for the field goal anyway.  I wouldn't trust the Chiefs defense enough to play for overtime if there is a way to win the game in regulation.

I would also add a third observation to my previous post.

3.  Chiefs win this game if Cameron Erving falls on the fumble instead of trying to pick up the ball in a situation where if he does actually pick up the ball he will turn a fifteen yard loss into a fifteen yard loss.

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Twenty seconds left with no time outs and you are still at least thirty yards from field goal territory.  You aren't getting there throwing five yard passes over the middle.  He was going to have to force something deep to have a chance.  I can live with that turnover.  Plus I wouldn't have been playing for the field goal anyway.  I wouldn't trust the Chiefs defense enough to play for overtime if there is a way to win the game in regulation.

I would also add a third observation to my previous post.

3.  Chiefs win this game if Cameron Erving falls on the fumble instead of trying to pick up the ball in a situation where if he does actually pick up the ball he will turn a fifteen yard loss into a fifteen yard loss.

Then why start the drive with those short passes? Go more intermediate to start the drive and get it moving. 

I 100% agreed with what McVay did on that second-to-last possession. He did NOT want to give the ball back to Mahomes with a minute left, which is what would have happened if they had run it three straight times. And who can blame him after watching this shit? He knew one first down on any play would essentially clinch it, and the yardage was there on the 2nd down play but the Chiefs defender made a nice play on the ball. In the end, the Chiefs got the ball back with about 6 extra seconds and a timeout that they wouldn't have had. Of course, it all worked out anyways but I liked the idea.
Incredible game.

Goff made a bad throw that play as well. Good play call actually.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, taybo20 said:

This is the type of game that will just reinforces everything the NFL has done to make defense harder to play and to make the league higher scoring. I’m not saying it’s wrong, just saying they are getting exactly what they want with this scoring battle

Yep