Game 5: Texas vs. UNC, 6:30 PM, FS1

Machinator

6 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

That's about like me whining that K State working us in football so often is "unexplainable." There's generally an explanation for that kind of dominance. Losing 8 of 9 isn't some fluky thing where the losing team always has an outbreak of food poisoning the night before.

I'm sure not saying we kick NC's tail around the gym when we play them, because they're pretty much always nailbiters. But we've had some really lackluster teams in that period, and we've still managed to keep winning those games. Methinks the press can just deal with it.

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

That's about like me whining that K State working us in football so often is "unexplainable." There's generally an explanation for that kind of dominance. Losing 8 of 9 isn't some fluky thing where the losing team always has an outbreak of food poisoning the night before.

I'm sure not saying we kick NC's tail around the gym when we play them, because they're pretty much always nailbiters. But we've had some really lackluster teams in that period, and we've still managed to keep winning those games. Methinks the press can just deal with it.

It's not fluky. Matchups matter. We almost always match up well against Roy Williams-coached teams.

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

we think that pull up jumpers are tough shots because it's been so long since we've had anybody who could hit  one. the shots UNC has hit have been "tough" the same way that a 3B turning a 5-4-3 DP vs Mookie Betts is tough; yeah, it isn't easy, but you're expected to do it as a baseball/basketball player. Unless you're Texas. 

I’d say turning a double play on Mookie is quite a bit harder, even when adjusting expectations between a collegiate player versus a professional. 

47 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

No excuses, but K-state didn't have to play us in '03,'04,'07,'08... Good job on scheduling by them. Bad job by CU. 

Edited by Fico

1 hour ago, Texas25 said:

Where does that performance by Roach rank all-time on individual performances? Ford, J'Covan Brown, KD, and Jordan Hamilton all had some good ones.

J’Covan’s performance at Allen Fieldhouse in ‘11 is probably the best in a big win in recent memory, but this game by Roach is up there as well.

1 hour ago, Whatever said:

Kerwin was the best player on the court, and it wasn't close.

It was close. Coby White was awesome, and the battle they had was epic. TJ Ford vs Nick Collison; TJ Ford vs Hollis Price; KD vs Acie Law; J'Covan Brown vs Willie Warren; Kerwin Roach vs Coby White. It was that good. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1