Game 5: Texas vs. UNC, 6:30 PM, FS1

Machinator

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Good jobs Runnin' Horns! 

Hayes is every bit as good as Myles Turner when he was at Texas. Probably better. 

Roach is the best guard to play at Texas since.... DJ Augustin. He's in the discussion for GOAT shooting guard at Texas. 

Kevin Durrant and Travis Mays say HELLO????? 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

It wasn't KD vs TTU, but other than that Roach's performance was probably one of the 5 or so best single game performances of the last 25 years. Just from a perspective of a guy taking hold of a game and dominating a really good team in a big game, it's up  there with KD vs KU off the top of my head. 

Most entertaining game of basketball the Horns have played in a while. This team is so much better the less half court sets they run. Roach and Coleman getting into the lane whenever they wanted was the biggest key to this game. Hope those 2 can continue to set up the offense throughout the season.

1 minute ago, vin2basketball said:

The one thing I will say (and I don't want to rain on the parade because this was an awesome win) is that I do think UCLA/MSU will not be as stubborn as Roy about going into a zone. That's the one thing to watch - if we can beat a team that zones us consistently, then the ceiling for this season jumps. 

No, you're absolutely correct. Roy is extremely stubborn about doing things his way, even when the matchups tell him he should adjust.

Love the win, but I'm still skeptical that this is the Horns team we'll see all year.