B12 championship tix

wild_turkey

On 11/23/2018 at 4:53 PM, Panama Red said:

Just placed a reservation on Shoowin.com. Hope it works out and I don’t get screwed. Anyone ever use that site for tickets? I’m out the reservation fee ($70) and face value for the tickets. Same sections on stub hub were $426+ per ticket

Shoowin ended up being a great deal. Face value was $195, reservation fee about $25, and they charged $19.50 transaction fee when the ticket was issued...so about $240 / ticket. Just got the tickets - section C135.

What's the best way to get in and out of there?  Parking there is insanely expensive and I'm sure Uber will be surged to oblivion.
Anywhere close that we can park for a reasonable fee?  Possibly grab a morning drink as well?

I booked parking about a mile from the stadium on ParkWhiz for $14. On the walk is the Texas Live Bar and restaurants complex. The bar is opening at 8am with beer bucket specials. Giddyup.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

I booked parking about a mile from the stadium on ParkWhiz for $14. On the walk is the Texas Live Bar and restaurants complex. The bar is opening at 8am with beer bucket specials. Giddyup.

I normally wouldn't trust a Sooner in matters of land acquisition, but will make an exception in this case.  Thanks.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

That is pretty good deal. I haven't been to Texas Live yet is it pretty much the same as the Cardinals live in St. Louis?

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

That is pretty good deal. I haven't been to Texas Live yet is it pretty much the same as the Cardinals live in St. Louis?

I haven't been either. I saw someone mention it on a different thread. Looked fine/good online, it will be semi-pricey and suburban, not OMG hipster cool. They will have booze and fans of both teams in decent numbers, so should be a good time!

5 minutes ago, The Triple Lindy said:

Does anyone know what sections Texas issued our tickets in for season ticket holders?  There are some endzone seats on the East side of the stadium that are reasonable (haha). I just don't want to be surrounded by the crimson idiots.

Texas side is the north side of the stadium, OU is the south. I don't think it will be nearly as separated as the Cotton Bowl, since most tickets just got barfed into the secondary marketplace rather than going to season ticketholders, and then will be indiscriminately vacuumed up by both sides. My plan is to grab the best value I can, regardless of side, with the "correct" side being a tiebreaker.

1 hour ago, The Triple Lindy said:

Does anyone know what sections Texas issued our tickets in for season ticket holders?  There are some endzone seats on the East side of the stadium that are reasonable (haha). I just don't want to be surrounded by the crimson idiots.

I am section 445.  Loyalty rank is 12k out of 38K.  No Bueno.  I asked when tickets will go out and all I got was "Maybe Wednesday, Maybe Thursday".  terrific.  

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange said:

I am section 445.  Loyalty rank is 12k out of 38K.  No Bueno.  I asked when tickets will go out and all I got was "Maybe Wednesday, Maybe Thursday".  terrific.  

Where are you able to view your seat section?  I'm on the Donornet thing but don't see tickets listed.  My loyalty rank is 8k out of 38k.  I guess I'm just waiting for an e-mail later this week eh?

1 minute ago, Xcalibur said:

Where are you able to view your seat section?  I'm on the Donornet thing but don't see tickets listed.  My loyalty rank is 8k out of 38k.  I guess I'm just waiting for an e-mail later this week eh?

You can call the ticket office.  My rank is in the 7000's and I'm in 444.

Already have tix, out of state buddy snagged some Friday. Don't know how much or where the seats are yet, (he's on vacation skiing this week) but I better get a discount since he and his gf are staying with me and mine, we're gonna make the 25 min drive early sat morning, or may use alternate trans..possibly uber/lyft.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:32 PM, Lobo said:

Is there something specific about the stadium that makes it awesome for Cowboys football but shitty for college football?  

No. It is great for CFB. It’s just the Cowboys  production that sucks the life out of it. 

Apparently yes. I was talking to the bartender at PBR bar in Texas Live and he moved from the PBR bar at Cardinals Live to run this one. I believe he said Philly has something similar as well.

I bought foundation tickets for the Nebraska :01 game. I don't remember what my priority is, but it's pretty high. Got tickets in the end zone, not too good. Did get a nice view of the game winning kick going through the uprights on the other end, but still. 

Youngest daughter asked if we were going and I decided what the heck, it's not like she will still want to go with me in a few years (16 now). Soooo, I'm in 232 cuz' I'm not sitting in the end zone again. And since I've taken it in the shorts for two tickets, I paid for parking in one of the stadium lots. What the hell... I'll never spend enough time with my kids to make me think I've had enough, I'll never see enough Texas football to make me think I've had enough. Now I get both of those and a chance to see us beat OU twice in one year! 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bluto said:

It's a shit stadium

It's sterile yet luxurious, soulless, yet the seats of the lower level sidelines are actually pretty badass.    The upper levels suck because of the giant jumbotron but get down to the 2nd level and it's probably been my favorite viewing experience and I've been to stadiums around the country.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

445 here. High teens, like 17k or something. Photos make the seats seem okay but the jerrytron also seems like a huge buzzkill. Lesson learned on going through the school for this game. Requested for the Sugar Bowl as well so hopefully they don't completely fuck us all over like this there as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I bought foundation tickets for the Nebraska :01 game. I don't remember what my priority is, but it's pretty high. Got tickets in the end zone, not too good. Did get a nice view of the game winning kick going through the uprights on the other end, but still. 

Youngest daughter asked if we were going and I decided what the heck, it's not like she will still want to go with me in a few years (16 now). Soooo, I'm in 232 cuz' I'm not sitting in the end zone again. And since I've taken it in the shorts for two tickets, I paid for parking in one of the stadium lots. What the hell... I'll never spend enough time with my kids to make me think I've had enough, I'll never see enough Texas football to make me think I've had enough. Now I get both of those and a chance to see us beat OU twice in one year! 

you made the right call.  treasure every moment.  10 years will get behind you.

Okay, I still can't get straight answers.  It's a Big XII event, so they have much more strict holds on alcohol sales.  For those that went last year...what precisely is the alcohol sales policy at AT&T this game?  Do I need to cough up extra dough for club level seats to have access to a full bar or is any level have that kinda deal?  Or what?  I gotta pull the trigger on seats today.  Thanks.