Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

There can’t be that many castoff MIGs and parts for them. UKR has to be moved to the F platform as RU ain’t providing them any MIGs

There are. But what a great way to bring all NATO nations away from Russian aircraft. Yo, Romania, ya got some Mig-29 engines? Cool, here is an F-16 program. 

Serbia, since you want to side with Russia enjoy your crap and watch what we do with the surrounding nations. FAFO. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Ukraine uses their missiles against ammo depots, supply hubs, command posts.  Russia uses their missiles mostly against civilians. And Russia is using a lot of bombers and ships to launch, and the ships in particular are resource intensive to maintain.
it’s almost as if Russia knows they can’t win, and so will destroy everything they can’t have   

I think it is an attempt to provoke NATO into intervention so Putin can call mobilization.

Just now, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I think it is an attempt to provoke NATO into intervention so Putin can call mobilization.

With the colossal loss of equipment, I don't think mass mobilization would help much against NATO. Russia's only card left is nuclear and that's enough to keep NATO out of the war.

4 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

I have been thinking that Russia is trying to provoke Ukraine into similar atrocities, with the hope that the West would recoil a little from its support.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Belarus is fucking around and finding out.  Their civilian population is getting all of the benefits (sanctions, western companies leaving, etc. ) that Russians are getting, just without losing family members in combat (yet).

When all is said and done, I think Lukashenko gets run out of power and Putin succeeds in driving Belarus towards the West as well.  Ole Luka' must sleep with one eye open because there must be a multi-hundreds of thousands long line to stick a knife in straight through his black heart.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

@atomheartbevo et al - I'm not seeing nearly as much about the air war - such as it exists - as we did earlier in the war.   Apparently fear of SAMs has kept fixed wing operations down on both sides?  

Are you all seeing something I'm not seeing?

Seems like it's 1916 all over again with low and slow - rotary winged - being the order of the day.  

On another note, if Putin follows through with the tried and true Russian mechanism of throwing bodies at a military problem until numbers are overwhelming, the long term outlook may be poor for Ukraine.  Hopefully we see more people throwing burning tires through recruitment office windows in Russia.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

@atomheartbevo et al - I'm not seeing nearly as much about the air war - such as it exists - as we did earlier in the war.   Apparently fear of SAMs has kept fixed wing operations down on both sides?  

Are you all seeing something I'm not seeing?

Seems like it's 1916 all over again with low and slow - rotary winged - being the order of the day.  

On another note, if Putin follows through with the tried and true Russian mechanism of throwing bodies at a military problem until numbers are overwhelming, the long term outlook may be poor for Ukraine.  Hopefully we see more people throwing burning tires through recruitment office windows in Russia.

In my amateur opinion, mostly SAMs plus proliferation of stand off weapons and general Russian lack of giving a shit about accuracy contributing to lack of russian air. Additionally, the longer the war the higher the number of complex Russian assets down for maintenance.

I know it's been said many times, but the Ukr Air Force still operating is incredible.  Yesterday SU-29 taking down a cruise missile was great to see. Their distributed operations, maintenance teams, logistics, etc deserves tons of appreciation and study post war. 

I am not so sure Putin can use the tired and true war of attrition, specifically with manpower. Most reports I've seen have the Ukrainians with a larger standing army in the war than the Russians. Russia moved to a command style war economy this week and using financial incentives/PMCs for shadow mobilization.

The Russian advantage in artillery, both in systems and ammunition, is their primary means of advance. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the Russians still have enormous amounts of both, their weakness is the logistics. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fico said:

In my amateur opinion, mostly SAMs plus proliferation of stand off weapons and general Russian lack of giving a shit about accuracy contributing to lack of russian air. Additionally, the longer the war the higher the number of complex Russian assets down for maintenance.

I know it's been said many times, but the Ukr Air Force still operating is incredible.  Yesterday SU-29 taking down a cruise missile was great to see. Their distributed operations, maintenance teams, logistics, etc deserves tons of appreciation and study post war. 

I am not so sure Putin can use the tired and true war of attrition, specifically with manpower. Most reports I've seen have the Ukrainians with a larger standing army in the war than the Russians. Russia moved to a command style war economy this week and using financial incentives/PMCs for shadow mobilization.

The Russian advantage in artillery, both in systems and ammunition, is their primary means of advance. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but the Russians still have enormous amounts of both, their weakness is the logistics. 

I think this is where the HIMARS and MLRS are so important.  The Russians can’t take advantage of their fixed piece artillery advantage if they can’t get shells to the front.  Without the ability to walk their soldiers forward behind a curtain of artillery, the Uke small unit tactics once again achieve tactical success. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Half of the Red Army was Ukrainian.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Those senior Russian officers rumored to be killed recently, looks like state media confirmed it.

https://ria.ru/20220714/spetsoperatsiya-1802398516.html

Three Volgograd senior motorized rifle officers died in a special operation

The commander of the 20th Guards MSD Gorobets and two of his deputies died in a special operation

VOLGOGRAD, July 14 - RIA Novosti. Castle commander of the 20th Guards Motor Rifle Division Sergei Kens from Volgograd died during a special operation in Ukraine, according to the portal of the All-Russian Public Organization of Marines "Typhoon".

"When performing a combat mission in a special military operation in Ukraine, ex-commbrig of the 810th Marine Brigade Kens Sergey Nikolaevich was heroically killed... The last position is Chief of Staff - First Deputy Commander of the 20th Guards Motor Rifle Division of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (Volgograd)," the organization said in a statement. It is noted that the colonel died on July 10, he was 42 years old.

As the head of the Volgograd branch of "Yunarmiya" Denis Kharitonov told RIA Novosti, the commander of the 20th Guards Motor Rifle Division Alexei Gorobets and his other deputy Alexei Avramchenko were also killed during the special operation. According to him, the farewell to Avramchenko takes place on Thursday in Simferopol, the date and place of Gorobets' funeral have not yet been set.

• Hook 'Em 2

I sometimes think these motherfuckers truly want to fight with NATO

On Russian state TV, referring to the worldwide effect of sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, Apti Alaudinov said that those who are "cold and hungry" will be warmed up by God... "in hell, on judgment day." State TV host laughed & agreed.”

41 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I sometimes think these motherfuckers truly want to fight with NATO

On Russian state TV, referring to the worldwide effect of sanctions against Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, Apti Alaudinov said that those who are "cold and hungry" will be warmed up by God... "in hell, on judgment day." State TV host laughed & agreed.”

They are just a barking dog.   They cannot even manage Ukraine they think they can handle the US?  HAHA HAHA HAHA HA HA.   The UK and France would mop the floor with them by themselves while we ate popcorn and checked our phone.  

• Hook 'Em 1