Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

50 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

Folks on r/CombatFootage were arguing that the real constraint on HIMARS was the Ukrainians’ ability to handle the logistics of the supply chain, which is why we began with four. I don’t know shit about fuck though so would be interested in hearing from someone with knowledge. 

They are right, in general Ukrainians have a hard time supplying their troops with Ammo and that’s why the orcs kept on shelling them into submission and retreat, they just couldn’t throw anything back at them. There are stories of soldiers feeling like they been left to die and no ammo to fight back. Not sure how it’s now but looks like they are firing back and I am sure they are still having supply issues 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck Lukashenko. 

Won't speak for all Americans, but this one thinks you are a dumbass and Putin's lap dog. 

The officers listening to that hear the rhetoric of war and think Luka has gone off the deep end and now they will be sent to fight Putin's unwinnable war.  They are going home to update their wills.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

They are right, in general Ukrainians have a hard time supplying their troops with Ammo and that’s why the orcs kept on shelling them into submission and retreat, they just couldn’t throw anything back at them. There are stories of soldiers feeling like they been left to die and no ammo to fight back. Not sure how it’s now but looks like they are firing back and I am sure they are still having supply issues 

It's still logistics isn't it? I'm impatient I suppose. It is still move stuff from A>B>C in a safe and predictable manner.

The officers listening to that hear the rhetoric of war and think Luka has gone off the deep end and now they will be sent to fight Putin's unwinnable war.  They are going home to update their wills.

Or, they could actually solve their problem and just shoot that stupid motherfucker in the back of the head.
This world is going to shit because all the right people completely lack balls.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's still logistics isn't it? I'm impatient I suppose. It is still move stuff from A>B>C in a safe and predictable manner.

I get your impatience, but remember that the Russians are playing to win, too.  Maybe badly, but that is still their intention and goal.  The Russians are trying to make Ukrainian logistics as difficult for them as the Ukrainians with their HIMARS are for the Russians.  Up until now they (the Russkies) have had the weight of fire and longer range to get that done.  That seems to be changing, but will still take time and effort to accomplish.  In war nothing happens in a safe and predictable manner.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fico said:

Better video:

Talk it may have been an AA site:

Exhaust the RU ability to continue to shell forward positions, then deplete both the available ammo supply and ability to transport fuel to the front… next will be major rail bridges to limit forward reinforcements and then AA installations (because they are easy to replace with semi mobile solutions), then once those targets are done another quick heavy run on forward combat command infrastructure right as they start a major offensive…

I think I’ve seen this strategy proposed before against the Russian opfor before… oh yeah large scale NATO war game scenarios from the 90s

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Exhaust the RU ability to continue to shell forward positions, then deplete both the available ammo supply and ability to transport fuel to the front… next will be major rail bridges to limit forward reinforcements and then AA installations (because they are easy to replace with semi mobile solutions), then once those targets are done another quick heavy run on forward combat command infrastructure right as they start a major offensive…

I think I’ve seen this strategy proposed before against the Russian opfor before… oh yeah large scale NATO war game scenarios from the 90s

I wonder if there are some Russian fans watching their offensive coordinator continuing with same playbook from 1944, seeing their forces getting decimated by precise long range strikes and all they can do is scream, "TURN THE PAGE FREDOVICH!"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, dimyh said:

I wonder if there are some Russian fans watching their offensive coordinator continuing with same playbook from 1944, seeing their forces getting decimated by precise long range strikes and all they can do is scream, "TURN THE PAGE FREDOVICH!"

You'd think, but in this case the Russian state media serve as billy looch assuring everyone they should just 'trust in putinbo."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, dimyh said:

"WHY SHOULD I TURN THE PAGE, THESE SHORT ASSAULTS AND BUBBLE SCREENS ARE WORKING JUST FINE!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 3

And go get him laid.

I’m hoping he already took care of that, he made it home at 3pm EDT and at 6pm was dressed in civvies and about to take the wife out for Mexican food.

My remark to my wife was that if I returned home from overseas duty I would have ordered a pizza and stayed naked for 24 hours.IMG_0032.GIF
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1547035588657909762

Ukrainian military destroys Russian equipment, ammunition depots in the south. Operational Command “South” reported that it killed 30 Russian soldiers and destroyed two ammunition depots, one howitzer, Uragan multiple rocket launcher, and four armored and military vehicles.

Russian fighter jets tried to repel one of the attacks on an ammunition depot by firing missiles at the Ukrainian Air Force planes. Ukrainian aviation had no losses, but Russian missiles killed a civilian in Bashtanka and destroyed a boiler house, Ukraine's military said.

------

Interesting that the implication is that Ukraines are using aircraft in the midst of a lot of this stuff.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1547035588657909762

Ukrainian military destroys Russian equipment, ammunition depots in the south. Operational Command “South” reported that it killed 30 Russian soldiers and destroyed two ammunition depots, one howitzer, Uragan multiple rocket launcher, and four armored and military vehicles.

Russian fighter jets tried to repel one of the attacks on an ammunition depot by firing missiles at the Ukrainian Air Force planes. Ukrainian aviation had no losses, but Russian missiles killed a civilian in Bashtanka and destroyed a boiler house, Ukraine's military said.

------

Interesting that the implication is that Ukraines are using aircraft in the midst of a lot of this stuff.

So Russian radar can only track aircraft or HIMARS. Nice to know. And what the fuck did the boiler house do to anyone? 

1st LT BearSchlong Jr arrived home from Poland today. Shifting good vibes to the men and women of the 101st that relieved the 82nd.
Thank him for his service, if he ever wants a free fishing trip In POC with a "captain" that's a bit out the game, but willing, let me know. We will find some fish and some good times.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

No. It is apparently all about having trained dudes to maintain the launchers, and having lots of ammo. One launcher can fire a stupid number of times per day and have a big range. They don’t need many more launchers, they need a steady supply of missiles and logistical support

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nivek said:

So are the NLAW and St. Javelin still feasting?

I think we are in a long range artillery duel right now, which is cutting down on the involvement of shoulder fired anti-tank missiles. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I am a cynical man by nature, and I know true evil exists.  But I am obviously naive.  Never thought we'd see stuff like this.

Also I'm a bit racist. Only thought this could happen in Africa and the Middle East.

5 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

WWI and WWII were both started in Europe and you thought this could only happen in Africa and the ME?

Yeah, there might be some racism/bigotry in that thought.

To be fair, so did a large majority of Europeans. 

7 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I am a cynical man by nature, and I know true evil exists.  But I am obviously naive.  Never thought we'd see stuff like this.

Also I'm a bit racist. Only thought this could happen in Africa and the Middle East.

The shit that Europe did all over Africa and Asia is pretty Damn tame to what Russia is doing right now 

if you want to know about shit that was done by bad people, listen to the podcast Behind the Bastards, it’s a good show 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Russia is using massed artillery. Then when they roll in, they’ll push in some first some infantry from DNR or LNR forces, then some Spetsnaz and combined arms units.  They soften up everything with the cannons as they come in.  It’s not maneuver and because of the constant bombardment it’s harder and harder to get in position and use the antitank missiles.  Still happens, but this is now HIMARS and artillery duels. It’s not even World War II out there, the fire going back and forth is like World War I. Russia isn’t trying to sprint to capture territory. 

Also— was talking yesterday to someone very well plugged in.  The civilian atrocities are just as bad if not worse than what you saw in Bucha and Irpin.  Two factors at play- the Russians haven’t pulled out of the places where they seize, like they were forced to run from the Kyiv area. Second-/ they are using the mobile crematoria to burn the bodies and are filtering survivors who see and know things far away from Ukraine and media. Secretary Blinken has a tweet about the filtration up today. 

What we are witnessing is a historic atrocity that we won’t understand for generations. 

Burn these motherfuckers alive

I get it but @Parliament isn’t the only one who is still trying to come to grips with this.  The entire world lacks the (im)moral imagination, just like we did with Hitler or with Stalin. 

It’s like when at the beginning of the war when OSINT geeks saw the mobile crematoria and serious, thoughtful analyses and commentators said “Russia’s getting ready for heavy causalities.” No, that was never why they were there, Russia was getting ready to burn civilians.  Most of the world just can’t even get there, even when it’s obvious. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 4

45 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

The shit that Europe did all over Africa and Asia is pretty Damn tame to what Russia is doing right now 

if you want to know about shit that was done by bad people, listen to the podcast Behind the Bastards, it’s a good show 

Lions Led By Donkey's is great on it too. 

52 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Second on Behind the Bastards, great podcast.

59 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I get it but @Parliament isn’t the only one who is still trying to come to grips with this.  The entire world lacks the (im)moral imagination, just like we did with Hitler or with Stalin. 

It’s like when at the beginning of the war when OSINT geeks saw the mobile crematoria and serious, thoughtful analyses and commentators said “Russia’s getting ready for heavy causalities.” No, that was never why they were there, Russia was getting ready to burn civilians.  Most of the world just can’t even get there, even when it’s obvious. 

They're taking the Auschwitz show on tour.

Why HIMARS may shift the battlefield balance in Ukraine

Opinion

Mick Ryan
Mick Ryan
Military leader and strategist
July 12, 2022 — 7.45pm

Over the past few days, the Twittersphere has been expounding on the impact that several HIMARS rocket artillery systems are having in Ukraine. These systems have provided the Ukrainian armed forces with a new “long hand” with which to attack the Russian invaders. However, some perspective is required before expectations for their impact get too overblown. There is no such thing as a silver bullet solution in war.

A HIMARS launch from a truck during training in the US. The new weapon is predicted to play a significant role in the Ukraine war’s next phase.

A HIMARS launch from a truck during training in the US. The new weapon is predicted to play a significant role in the Ukraine war’s next phase.Credit:AP

HIMARS, short for High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, is an American truck mounted rocket launch platform. It is a lighter, more deployable version of an older tracked launcher that used the same rockets. HIMARS fires rockets in either six round configurations, with a range of 80 kilometres, or a longer-range single missile that can hit targets out to 300 km. And because it is mobile, it can shoot and move quickly, making it a very survivable platform in an era of short times between detection and destruction.

The HIMARS, because of its range and accuracy, is a weapon that is designed to attack targets deep in the enemy’s rear. Unlike artillery howitzers, which are used in a tactical role to attack troops and other targets close to the front line, HIMARS is used to destroy critical communications nodes, command posts, airfields, and important logistics facilities.

Of note, the Ukrainians so far have only been provided with the shorter-range 80 km rockets. But they have been quick to use them in the war since their provision by the Americans just a few weeks ago.

It appears that more than a dozen major Russian supply depots, primarily used to store artillery ammunition, have been attacked by the long range HIMARS rockets in the past few days. The Ukrainians, shifting away from the attritional fight they have been drawn into in the Donbas, are re-adopting the asymmetric conventional tactics they used so successfully early in the war. They are attacking the Russian weak points once again – its railway centric logistics, its over talkative battlefield generals, and its over reliance on massed artillery to advance in the east.

The precision of the HIMARS is of great utility. One key target is command and control nodes, or in other words, command posts with senior Russian commanders. These are not large targets and are generally outside the range of Ukraine’s other artillery systems. The ability to rapidly target these, once detected, and use the accuracy of the HIMARS rockets to inflict maximum destruction is vital.

Additionally, many Russian supply depots, located close to railways, are also proximate to civilian towns. The greater accuracy of the HIMARS permits the Ukrainians to minimise collateral damage in their long-range attacks on Russian targets.

Beyond the physical, there is a psychological impact. Now, a much greater proportion of the invading Russian force falls within the radius that can be attacked. They will have seen its impact, on social media and in person. And, as my colleague General Ben Hodges has noted, being an ammunition handler in a logistic depot is probably now the least desirable job in the Russian army. These psychological impacts have a cost on the effectiveness of a military organisation.

So, HIMARS is changing the character of the fight in Ukraine. It is allowing the Ukrainians to target the Russians at greater distance and in areas that have been denied to them because of Russian air defence systems. And it has permitted the Ukrainians to fight how they want to fight, and not in the heavy attritional way preferred by the Russians. The Russians will undoubtedly have HIMARS at the top of their targeting lists for their long-range missiles and air force.

Despite this, we must not cast the HIMARS as the wonder weapon that will change the tide of the war. There has been a tendency since the First Industrial Revolution to look for the single technological wonder that will win wars. This is a chimera. HIMARS is having an important impact and will continue to do so, but it alone will not win this war. Importantly, its impact does not abrogate the responsibility of western nations to continue providing the full range of weapons, munitions, intelligence and other forms of support required by the Ukrainians. Military forces are complex entities that need lots of different capabilities that are layered in function, range, time and impact. HIMARS is just one layer – albeit an important one – in the overall national capacity that Ukraine needs to win this war.

The Australian Army is procuring this system. Learning from Ukraine, the army should receive the long-range variant of the HIMARS rockets because it provides an important strike and deterrent capability. A longer range HIMARS rocket – called the precision strike missile – is being developed and Australia is a partner in this effort.

Australia should also consider speeding up the induction of a larger number of HIMARS into the Army (the Ukrainians did it in weeks, not years), rebuild the artillery capability that has degraded in the past two decades, and build these missiles in Australia. It could be a test case for reforming our devastatingly slow defence procurement process.

The war in Ukraine has shown that mobile, precision, long-range missiles – and large stocks of them – give military institutions an advantage. They will be an essential part of an effective 21st century ADF, as well as our national military deterrent in the coming years.

Mick Ryan
Mick Ryan is a retired major general who served in the ADF for more than 35 years and was commander of the Australia Defence College. He is the author of War Transformed: The Future of 21st Century Great Power Competition and Conflict.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Opinion

Mick Ryan
Mick Ryan
Military leader and strategist
July 12, 2022 — 7.45pm

Over the past few days, the Twittersphere has been expounding on the impact that several HIMARS rocket artillery systems are having in Ukraine. These systems have provided the Ukrainian armed forces with a new “long hand” with which to attack the Russian invaders. However, some perspective is required before expectations for their impact get too overblown. There is no such thing as a silver bullet solution in war.

A HIMARS launch from a truck during training in the US. The new weapon is predicted to play a significant role in the Ukraine war’s next phase.

A HIMARS launch from a truck during training in the US. The new weapon is predicted to play a significant role in the Ukraine war’s next phase.Credit:AP

HIMARS, short for High Mobility Artillery Rocket System, is an American truck mounted rocket launch platform. It is a lighter, more deployable version of an older tracked launcher that used the same rockets. HIMARS fires rockets in either six round configurations, with a range of 80 kilometres, or a longer-range single missile that can hit targets out to 300 km. And because it is mobile, it can shoot and move quickly, making it a very survivable platform in an era of short times between detection and destruction.

The HIMARS, because of its range and accuracy, is a weapon that is designed to attack targets deep in the enemy’s rear. Unlike artillery howitzers, which are used in a tactical role to attack troops and other targets close to the front line, HIMARS is used to destroy critical communications nodes, command posts, airfields, and important logistics facilities.

Of note, the Ukrainians so far have only been provided with the shorter-range 80 km rockets. But they have been quick to use them in the war since their provision by the Americans just a few weeks ago.

It appears that more than a dozen major Russian supply depots, primarily used to store artillery ammunition, have been attacked by the long range HIMARS rockets in the past few days. The Ukrainians, shifting away from the attritional fight they have been drawn into in the Donbas, are re-adopting the asymmetric conventional tactics they used so successfully early in the war. They are attacking the Russian weak points once again – its railway centric logistics, its over talkative battlefield generals, and its over reliance on massed artillery to advance in the east.

The precision of the HIMARS is of great utility. One key target is command and control nodes, or in other words, command posts with senior Russian commanders. These are not large targets and are generally outside the range of Ukraine’s other artillery systems. The ability to rapidly target these, once detected, and use the accuracy of the HIMARS rockets to inflict maximum destruction is vital.

Additionally, many Russian supply depots, located close to railways, are also proximate to civilian towns. The greater accuracy of the HIMARS permits the Ukrainians to minimise collateral damage in their long-range attacks on Russian targets.

Beyond the physical, there is a psychological impact. Now, a much greater proportion of the invading Russian force falls within the radius that can be attacked. They will have seen its impact, on social media and in person. And, as my colleague General Ben Hodges has noted, being an ammunition handler in a logistic depot is probably now the least desirable job in the Russian army. These psychological impacts have a cost on the effectiveness of a military organisation.

So, HIMARS is changing the character of the fight in Ukraine. It is allowing the Ukrainians to target the Russians at greater distance and in areas that have been denied to them because of Russian air defence systems. And it has permitted the Ukrainians to fight how they want to fight, and not in the heavy attritional way preferred by the Russians. The Russians will undoubtedly have HIMARS at the top of their targeting lists for their long-range missiles and air force.

Despite this, we must not cast the HIMARS as the wonder weapon that will change the tide of the war. There has been a tendency since the First Industrial Revolution to look for the single technological wonder that will win wars. This is a chimera. HIMARS is having an important impact and will continue to do so, but it alone will not win this war. Importantly, its impact does not abrogate the responsibility of western nations to continue providing the full range of weapons, munitions, intelligence and other forms of support required by the Ukrainians. Military forces are complex entities that need lots of different capabilities that are layered in function, range, time and impact. HIMARS is just one layer – albeit an important one – in the overall national capacity that Ukraine needs to win this war.

The Australian Army is procuring this system. Learning from Ukraine, the army should receive the long-range variant of the HIMARS rockets because it provides an important strike and deterrent capability. A longer range HIMARS rocket – called the precision strike missile – is being developed and Australia is a partner in this effort.

Australia should also consider speeding up the induction of a larger number of HIMARS into the Army (the Ukrainians did it in weeks, not years), rebuild the artillery capability that has degraded in the past two decades, and build these missiles in Australia. It could be a test case for reforming our devastatingly slow defence procurement process.

The war in Ukraine has shown that mobile, precision, long-range missiles – and large stocks of them – give military institutions an advantage. They will be an essential part of an effective 21st century ADF, as well as our national military deterrent in the coming years.

Mick Ryan
Mick Ryan is a retired major general who served in the ADF for more than 35 years and was commander of the Australia Defence College. He is the author of War Transformed: The Future of 21st Century Great Power Competition and Conflict.

All of that. Ukraine has the manpower and drive, hopefully we see more camps springing up like the Paras are running.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Extortion. Anyone surprised?

I have a feeling the Germans are going to cave at some point. It will be interesting in 10-12 days once the planned annual maintenance is complete.

• Hook 'Em 2