Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 11/4/2023 at 1:09 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Pscyhological.  When we hemmed and hawed and it looks like ATACMS might not happen for a while, boom, Ukraine hits a couple of Russian close-air-support/supply airbases. It seems to be a constant pattern with Ukraine as well.  "No more offensives the rest of the year" means they have something cooking.

And Putin is holding off on mass mobilizations until after the elections, most likely April (and that maybe when he finally hits up Moscow/St. Petersburg).  Ukraine not going to pass that up.

Looks like you were right, it was psychological, but the reports of pressure from the west on Ukraine to negotiate peace originated in… Russia… and western media ran with it

the naked gun facepalm GIF

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Wonder if UA has people on the ground and knows what is about to hit or one of the millions of cameras that show us how great Russia is. 

I've been curious about that too, because there have been other hits which have had cameras directly trained on them when shit goes down. I don't know where this video came from, but if it's a handheld camera or phone, the person who's filming doesn't seem too concerned about their own safety and certainly has a steady hand.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

I will say this, it's fairly amazing what you can accomplish with some duct tape and marine paint.  

Just need a shipment of Flex Seal.  I also heard that Jeff Spicoli could fix it, his old man is a tv repairman and has a bitchin set of tools.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

If that’s really how complicated their nuclear weapons are, what are the odds that they actually work?

That is exactly what the Russians are worried about. Can you imagine your nukes fucking up, and you end up nuking your own country? Or Putin hits the big red button, and nothing happens?

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
Putin
  • Hook 'Em 2

It's pretty fucking wild that Ukrainian Special Forces are taking the fight to Wanger in Sudan. We've had a couple of posts about it but I want to know more. (edit: @InkaUtexas Are you hearing anything about this from your contacts?)

Video from Kyiv Post under title "EXCLUSIVE: Video Shows Ukrainian Special Forces ‘Cleaning Up’ Wagner Fighters in Sudan"

Not sure why there's an age restriction. No gore in video.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 2

Really excellent overviews of what's going on in Avdiivka area as well as the Dnieper River (second video goes into more detail). I'm going to try to remember to check this YouTube page more frequently as the guy puts together daily updates. These are really helpful for context.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Really excellent overviews of what's going on in Avdiivka area as well as the Dnieper River (second video goes into more detail). I'm going to try to remember to check this YouTube page more frequently as the guy puts together daily updates. These are really helpful for context.

Hold the north, take the south. Bridgehead is great. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, bolverk said:

It's pretty fucking wild that Ukrainian Special Forces are taking the fight to Wanger in Sudan. We've had a couple of posts about it but I want to know more. (edit: @InkaUtexas Are you hearing anything about this from your contacts?)

Video from Kyiv Post under title "EXCLUSIVE: Video Shows Ukrainian Special Forces ‘Cleaning Up’ Wagner Fighters in Sudan"

Not sure why there's an age restriction. No gore in video.

Just rumors and questions. Sudan is a mess right now, just not in the headlines. This does look like Khartoum and saw posts in the past where things were geolocated. My question is who is letting them. Wagner is playing both sides. Government and the RSF. Someone is going to notice white dudes dressed like this way. Sudan does not have personnel who have that equipment. Their presidential guard did not have matching uniforms even under the military. So the questions are. 

1- If true, who let Ukraine come in? Someone has to be providing support. Housing, logistics, a blind eye when weapons come in. 

2- What does Ukraine benefit from this? Why not in Mali? Cut a deal with the Tuaregs? 

3- Why in the city and not out in the country? Goes back to #1. Khartoum and sister cities on the Nile are full of people, not the resources Wagner wants. Why risk killing Sudanese? 

4- How did they get in? Did the UA pick sides? 

First time I saw these I had two thoughts. first was this was Israel taking out weapons smugglers. A lot of the shit going to Hamas goes via Sudan. One reason we maintain the Navy in the Red Sea. Second, I thought it could be another Russian PMC fighting to establish their turf. 

Great PR for Ukraine, but lots of questions.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Kind of amazing how many of these channels are popping up. We’ve got an insatiable appetite for updates. YouTube needs to ease up on the de-monetizing restrictions a bit. 

3 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

First time I saw these I had two thoughts. first was this was Israel taking out weapons smugglers. A lot of the shit going to Hamas goes via Sudan.

Wagner was supplying them MANPADs and other missiles, so the Israelis and Americans have plenty of reasons to go in there and clean things out.

Lot of confusing things about that video.  I'm not entirely convinced it's Ukraine, but it would benefit Ukraine if Russia thought so - Russia would have to divert manpower to protect their shipments/investments, and valuable manpower mind you, not drunk conscripts pulled off a Russian city street, given two weeks of training and then sent to the front. Hell, Russia is going to have to divert manpower to Sudan anyways if this keeps up.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

We have a lot of trained full-time military personnel in the rear, a lot of equipment, but there is a shortage on the front line!!!

Barrier troops ain't gonna barrier themselves or something.  If you're sending in poorly trained conscripts to feed the meat grinder, you better have well-trained and well-equipped guys ready to shoot them down if they try and retreat.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

In the long run, the loss of Kherson and then the recent strikes against Russian helicopter bases may be the most important blow struck against Russian since Feb of 2022.

The Russians are really fucking up by not shutting down the Dnipro crossings. If the Ukrainians can build up multiple crossing points, and get an air defense bubble going (even if it's mostly MANPADs and localized systems like the Hawk AD units), and start moving even more across, just as F-16s arrive on the scene.....it's only about 50 miles down to Crimea once they are across the river.  That's a long fucking way when it's opposed, but the Russians are clearly spread thin, and if the Ukrainians reduce the Russian close-air-support to almost nothing, all the while that area between the Dnipro and Crimea is within HIMARS range (and not even ATACMS).

Hell, Ukraine could be putting pressure on Crimea proper by the time next February rolls out.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russians want Westerners to forget that they literally teamed up with Nazi Germany at the start of WWII.

And allowed them to test tanks and build the Luftwaffe there in contravention of the Versailles treaties.  Stalin didn't think his "buddy" Hitler would "stab him in the back" by invading.  Sure enough authoritarians gonna authoritarian.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Russia trying a little too late to try to sell this "We're cleansing Ukraine of Naziism" bit by calling them the Wermacht.  I suppose all those Kriegsmarine u-boats in the Black Sea are now on notice from Moscow as well?  You'll know Russia is really running out of ideas when they claim this Winter that Zelenskyy is a puppet leader and the real Ukraine government in exile is a group of Nazis in South America who are coming up to DC through America's open borders to print money for their immoral war effort back on the Eastern Front.  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Russia trying a little too late to try to sell this "We're cleansing Ukraine of Naziism" bit by calling them the Wermacht.  I suppose all those Kriegsmarine u-boats in the Black Sea are now on notice from Moscow as well?  You'll know Russia is really running out of ideas when they claim this Winter that Zelenskyy is a puppet leader and the real Ukraine government in exile is a group of Nazis in South America who are coming up to DC through America's open borders to print money for their immoral war effort back on the Eastern Front.  

Not print money, but harvest bitcoin. 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russians want Westerners to forget that they literally teamed up with Nazi Germany at the start of WWII.

And even secretly trained the German Air Force in violation of the Versailles Treaty prior to World War II.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipetsk_fighter-pilot_school

Russians seem like they suck.

• Hook 'Em 2