Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They just cannot fucking stop themselves from telling the whole world what massive assholes and murderers they are.  Like some kind of psychological compulsion to say the worst parts out loud.

FUHXuhBX0AEUD4i?format=jpg&name=medium

FUHYhp2WYAki3j6?format=jpg&name=medium

FUHYhxlWQAEU2zq?format=jpg&name=medium

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

"Ukraine’s leadership has had to make incredibly difficult choices in this war and has generally made the right ones, at least at the level of strategic prioritization and in the pace, scale, and ambitiousness of its counter-offensives."

- Things that will never be said about Russian leadership.

Russian leadership seems like they get an order and they just do it - don't study, don't game out potential problems/pitfalls.  Just throw men at it.  Just like the Soviets, only without the Soviets' numbers.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Supposedly intercepted phone call between a couple of Russian colonels, and Bellingcat contacted the colonels and asked if they stand behind what they said.

Schemes obtained exclusive audio recordings from a Ukrainian intelligence agency in which Russian colonels discuss the leaders of the so-called Russian special operation in Ukraine. “Shoigu is completely incompetent”, “Putin is a f**king c*nt”, “Dvornikov is a f**king legend on being an imbecile”, and “they have created a whole host of sycophantic motherf**kers”. Also in their conversation, they are trying to justify the easily debunked war crimes of the Russian army with theses of Russian propaganda. Journalists obtained data that allowed them to identify the interlocutors and confirm the authenticity of the recordings. One is a Russian colonel who commanded missile divisions during the 2015 shelling of Mariupol,when 30 civilians were killed. The other is a military doctor, originally from Vinnitsa region, and has many relatives in Ukraine. During the conversation, he also called for the shelling of civilian targets and civilians: "Waste these f**king bombs, f**k it, there's f**king loads of them, throw them, for f**k’s sake. Even if they hit the wrong f**king place, let them be f**king scared, shoot the f**king train stations, shoot the f**king railways, for f**k’s sake."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/top-russian-military-brass-caught-venting-youre-fucked-putinmotherfucker

“Shoigu has assembled all these fucked up [Emergency Situations] guys… if we have head of inspection Colonel-General [Pavel] Plat, fuck, he’s never even served in the army…” Vlasov said.

“They’ve brought forth a whole stellar cast of bootlickers. That [Alexander} Dvornikov is a legend of fuckery… He’s the one who thought up this ‘anti-Banderov push,’” he said, apparently referring to the Kremlin’s narrative about Ukrainians all being neo-Nazis.

"A Legend of Fuckery" needs to go on my tombstone.

“Well, basically, he’s fucking washed up, a brain-dead idiot,” he said.

Kovtun, complaining that Russian forces haven’t been ruthless enough in their assault on Ukraine, blasts Putin personally for Moscow’s retreat from Kyiv.

“A fucking rocket should fly into the Verkhovna Rada [Ukraine’s Parliament] in Kyiv. That’s it, fuck it. Why didn’t [a rocket] fucking fly? I don’t fucking get it, you’re fucked, Putin—motherfucker! Why didn’t a rocket fly into Kyiv, so they’d think… fuck, yes, for fuck’s sake there’s something wrong... something hasn’t been done the right way.”

Reporters with the news outlet say they contacted Kovtun directly to ask how he can call for the Russian bombing of Ukrainian cities when he himself was born in Ukraine and has relatives there.

“Even if [the bombs] don’t hit the target, fuck, let them be afraid,” a man identified as Kovtun can be heard responding in an audio clip of the call, before saying, “I don’t give a damn, I’ll alert the FSB about you and that’s it.”

When asked if that means he’s ready to cop to his words about Shoigu being “shit,” Kovtun suddenly seemed to have a change of heart, saying, “No, I’m not ready [to do that]. I don’t want to.”

Vlasov was also contacted by reporters about the recording, but he immediately hung up, according to audio released by the news outlet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Donetsk region, russian contract soldiers nearly killed General Valeriy Solodchuk and his security, who came to quell the rebellion and force those who refused to continue fighting. But the soldiers refused to obey the order. The russian general had to shamefully flee from the front line. This is evidenced by a new telephone conversation between invaders intercepted by the SSU. ‘Almost all of our battery refused. He started waving his gun and shooting… He says ‘I’ll whack you if you don’t f**king go there!..’

Then, a kid says to him: ‘Go ahead, whack!’ F**k, he pulled out a grenade, pulled a pin and says: ‘Come on, shoot me! We’ll blow up together.’ That’s it. The special forces guys also started pointing their guns at us. So, we pointed our guns at them. In short, we almost shot each other, for f**k’s sake. He got on his bobik [note: UAZ, off-road military light utility vehicle] and left,’ the invader tells his wife. He complains that only a third of their brigade (over 600 servicemen in a brigade) remain - the rest were killed or wounded.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

after a 2 month wait, thanks to the Rashists, I finally received my Dynamo Kyiv jersey delivered from a seller in Kyiv.  It’s badass.

539BE254-8005-4D89-957F-96CDAD24B8B3.jpeg

One last post on this.  Not sure if there’s any pertinent meaning to this, but here was the packaging.  

7BA3A72E-EF02-46B0-92FB-0A07FC850702.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

This popped back up on the KilledInUkraine twitter feed, as Russia is now retroactively promoting dead officers (this guy was promoted to Captain).  Nobody knows if the promotions are to boost payments to widows/moms to shut them up or make them feel like Russia gave a shit about their dead husbands/sons or what.

5aa5d2b3c57ebb97c08582cd85ada770.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This popped back up on the KilledInUkraine twitter feed, as Russia is now retroactively promoting dead officers (this guy was promoted to Captain).  Nobody knows if the promotions are to boost payments to widows/moms to shut them up or make them feel like Russia gave a shit about their dead husbands/sons or what.

Is that NK hat picture real or just a meme? I've been seeing it a ton lol

giphy.gif
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

giphy.gif

Apparently it's a Russian thing.  

But the poor OSINT people tracking all of the deaths now have to decide "He was a Captain when he was killed, but they promoted him to Major retroactively on the day of his death, so how do we count this?" (probably as the Captain he originally was).

Can the Surly Financiers explain this?  Will this have a serious impact on Russian oil exports, or just make the Russians have to jump through hoops/use third parties (who will take their cut, reducing Russian revenue).
[/url]  
Happening on June 1st.

Apparently, you can’t enter/dock in a foreign harbor without proof of insurance. Few RU ships will have insurance as of tomorrow.
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If you morphed me and @Zepol87 when we were 15, it’d probably look like that kid.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Fat and "Oriental"? With a killer fade?

CHIEF

Not “Dear Leader”, the Russian kid in the tweet.   He somehow looks like a cross of my Italian blood and pics Zepol has posted of himself.   I guess the vodka kicked in.   Lol 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

While the “Fight or Flight” Response is more widely known, the “Dang, Wait - This Is Some Weird Shit” Response is endemic in the Urals.

Stay on the tank that just ran over not one but two mines and is brewing up, or jump down into a minefield?  Quite the conundrum.  After that second one bounced him off the top of the turret his brain had to be "is potato" fucked up.  No good choices for ol' Vatnik there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Stay on the tank that just ran over not one but two mines and is brewing up, or jump down into a minefield?  Quite the conundrum.  After that second one bounced him off the top of the turret his brain had to be "is potato" fucked up.  No good choices for ol' Vatnik there.

Kinda what I was thinking. Obstinate, or just don't wanna jump. Quite the conundrum.

CHIEF

42 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

NEVER+GET+OUT+3a.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

How would you like to sit behind these dudes at the movies?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

So, as the war moves into June this is what one random message board asshole thinks the Russians are up to and what we should do.  

- I really do think that Putin believed Kyiv would fall and he’d install a puppet government that would hand over Donbas and more without real fighting. 

- I think now Russia is going to try push their territorial gains to the maximum of their capability.  At minimum, all of Donbas, hold onto Kherson and the southeast.  

- Russia will then offer Ukraine a truce.  Abandon claims to Donbas and Crimea with the status of Kherson to be negotiated. In exchange, peace and the food starts leaving Ukrainian ports.  Russia will wait till later in the summer, the Kremlin will want migrants to at least begin showing up on European shores.

- Russia will play some gas brinksmanship and the migrant card to prod Germany, France, Italy, and of course Hungary and Turkey to prod Ukraine to accept the deal.  They will be the ones offering a “reasonable peace” and it’s important to remember that especially France and Germany didn’t see Ukraine as a real country before the war. They’ve been pushed into solitary because they had no place to hide— but this deal will sound sensible to them. Even more sensible than Ukraine’s position.  

- If it works, great for Russia.  Zelenskyy’s government will soon fall, Ukraine will become even more of a basket case and ripe for exploration. If the gambit fails, Russia digs in to defensive positions, preps for a long hybrid war (kinetic in Ukraine, info/gas/cyber/migrants/food against the West) and keeps beating the “ready to talk on our terms” drum.  At the very least, counting on distraction and fatigue and the propaganda war to divide NATO and leave Ukraine in a perilous state. 

All of the above is a very real scenario.  And this is a tough nut to crack because as the war goes on we see that Russia’s very real weaknesses and cracks can only be exploited so far. What we and Ukraine need to do:

- Remind everyone constantly that this is not a war of territory. It’s a war for survival. Russian occupation will mean ethnic cleansing and brutal repression.  Ukraine needs some show trials of its own (not in the sense of pre-determined— but showing the world what Russia does). Ukraine has to make it completely unpalatable to suggest any sort of peace on Russian terms with Ukrainians behind their lines. 

- We need to make clear to Russia that we will not consult with them about what what types of weapons Ukraine gets. Weapons deliveries to Ukraine will be driven by our joint assessments of their needs, our own security needs, and our own availability. Any conventional weapons are on the table regardless of capability. We can play the game ourselves, NATO is a nuclear alliance. We need to publicly state this and treat it as patently absurd that Russia would attack a nuclear Alliance over weapons deliveries or introduce nuclear weapons on a battlefield because it’s losing a war. It’s time for us to set the rules of rationality. 

I agree with a ton of what you said here.

- Can't remember where I read this but in the simplest of terms people start wars because they think they can win. Putin absolutely thought Ukraine wasn't willing to fight and he would have a puppet in a week. Easy win, keep the people at home happy after the unrest during COVID, give a big middle finger to the west, and tell the rest of the world Russia strong, West is in decline 

- Germany will fuck everyone over the first chance they get, we (the democratic world) has to keep the pressure on them to not make a deal and tolerate the economic pain. Explain to them negotiating and settling with Russia will cost more in the long run with increased defense spending, Ukrainian refugees, world food prices, etc, etc

- Think you hit the nail on the head, Ukraine needs to keep guilt triping the rest of the world that they are the target of an ideological war bent on their destruction. This is not a economic war or war to stop NATO, this is war focused on removing a legitimate Ukraine from the map. The media campaign showing destroyed cities, civilian targeting, deportation, war crimes - all the brutality of Russia.

- Agree Russia can get fucked trying to dictate what aid is sent to Ukraine, I wonder if our discord is meant more for our allies to keep everyone onboard and comfortable supplying weapons?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I would think those mines are meant to only be triggered by the weight of something big, and not a human step. I could be wrong though. At that point he should just start walking to Poland. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I would think those mines are meant to only be triggered by the weight of something big, and not a human step. I could be wrong though. At that point he should just start walking to Poland. 

When you lay antivehicle mines, you usually lay some antipersonnel mines along with them to keep the sappers clearing the mines on their toes, and to discourage infantry supporting the vehicles.  I would never assume that there aren't antipersonnel mines in any minefield.  That's a good way to lose a leg.  Or die.  Or both.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think you guys are overthinking it. There is an extremely high probability that after running over two mines and getting hit by an ATGM, that dude's head is ringing and he has a concussion, if not worse. So I think he's just confused and trying to remember his own name and what day it is.

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

When you lay antivehicle mines, you usually lay some antipersonnel mines along with them to keep the sappers clearing the mines on their toes, and to discourage infantry supporting the vehicles.  I would never assume that there aren't antipersonnel mines in any minefield.  That's a good way to lose a leg.  Or die.  Or both.

Well then he's fucked. 

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

I think you guys are overthinking it. There is an extremely high probability that after running over two mines and getting hit by an ATGM, that dude's head is ringing and he has a concussion, if not worse. So I think he's just confused and trying to remember his own name and what day it is.

Given how well he stayed on the tank at the 30-second mark when the tank lifted up like that, that dude could have been a bull rider here in the States.  He should have rag-dolled right off the turret at that point instead of staying on.