RIP George H. W. Bush

TexArcher

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Lulz.  Not just a "Carter is a loser" take, but a "Carter is a loser because he didn't invade Iran" take.  Man I love me some mideast wars.

The Iranian hostage crisis was one the worst violation of international law norms in modern history.  That would have been a legit Mideast war to fight. Instead the loser told Iranian generals (including my great uncle) to stand down and not take over the country and called for the disastrous Delta Force operation. Complete and utter pussy and the biggest loser in American politics. He is  the worst President of my lifetime and that includes Trump, Obama and W

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Mr. Carter is probably one of the most honorable men to sit in the WH.  He wasn't successful due to a penchant for micro managing people apparently.  His policies may have set the table for a recovery during the Reagan years.

He was absolute garbage and presided over the weakest period of American history from the past 50 years. When he croaks, he’ll be the only person’s grave other than Bud Adams’ and Khomeini’s that I would piss on if I had the opportunity. I’m sure he’ll join his buddy Yassir Arafat in the afterlife and hangout  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

If you don’t think US Presidents like Truman, Kennedy and Carter didn’t have a hand in losing China and Cuba to the commies and Iran to the Islamists then you don’t know jack shit about history. Carter would have had international backing from the UK, France and Israel to invade Iran and not a damn thing the UN could do about it.

10 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

He was absolute garbage and presided over the weakest period of American history from the past 50 years. When he croaks, he’ll be the only person’s grave other than Bud Adams’ and Khomeini’s that I would piss on if I had the opportunity. I’m sure he’ll join his buddy Yassir Arafat in the afterlife and hangout  

Bud's family mausoleum is at Forest Park Westheimer. You can piss all over it any time you want, tough guy.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Reagan won the Cold War for us. Do you think for a second if Reagan was President during the hostage crisis he would have let it play out like Carter did?

Yes. Reagan was a pussy. He didn't do shit after the barracks were bombed in Beirut.

Edited by David Dennison

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

You are a cartoon character. Jesus christ. 

I have personal knowledge from my family about these momentous events from history. Nixon and Kissinger were men that everyone respected and understood from the perspective of the regime. Carter was a fucking clown and rube.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

I have personal knowledge from my family about these momentous events from history. Nixon and Kissinger were men that everyone respected and understood from the perspective of the regime. Carter was a fucking clown and rube.

And yet Carter will go down in history as the better president.

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yes. Reagan was a pussy. He didn't do shit after the barracks were bombed in Beirut.

Reagan had to take into account Israel’s needs since they border Lebanon. Apples and oranges. Remember Israel occupied southern Lebanon back then 

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Carter is a fucking loser. He lost Iran to the mullahs and is an unabashed supporter of the Palestinians. Unlike with Iraq, the US had a legit reason to invade Iran because of the embassy hostage situation. He can go fuck himself. 

Wow. Invading Iran as a good policy in the MidEast. Don't get a whole lot of that anymore.

What do you see the world being like if we'd invaded Iran, marched to Tehran and collected the remains of the hostages? Start with the pluses. I'll hang up and listen with a nice cup of hot chocolate.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. Invading Iran as a good policy in the MidEast. Don't get a whole lot of that anymore.

What do you see the world being like if we'd invaded Iran, marched to Tehran and collected the remains of the hostages? Start with the pluses. I'll hang up and listen with a nice cup of hot chocolate.

No one was ever going to invade Iran four years after we left Vietnam.

No one. Not even Saint Ronald of Tampico.

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You don’t think the world wouldn’t  be better off without Iran’s Islamic theocracy’s hand supporting Hezbollah, Assad in Syria, Iraq’s Shiites and the IRGC’s reign of terror across the Middle East. Iran turning from rock solid US ally to enemy was the most destabilizing geopolitical event of the past 50 years. Don’t be a fucking idiot and look at before and after 1979 and not see what an utter shit show the Middle East has become

14 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

It's also interesting to think of someone with genetic ties to you being a general or a policy maker of any kind. You just regurgitated three decades of radio lies and distortions used to vilify ebil libs. You're one of the forever insecure adolescent males dreadfully worried that someone will think he's a pussy so he makes macho noises whenever he can. He gets a boner vicariously watching real US soldiers fighting on TV.

On this thread about George HW Bush who made a wise decision not to march to Baghdad, you wave your pompoms for an even more disastrous invasion.

Carter didn't lose Iran and Reagan didn't win the Cold War. They were in office but to cast full blame or give full credit is, frankly, idiotic. Iran hates us going back to when we installed the goddamn Shah and his Savak killers. Tyranny was overturned when the Shah was forced out.

The Cold War had been a bipartisan struggle for three decades before Reagan added his effort. Kennedy beat Nixon in 1960 partially by accusing him of being soft on defense and not anti-Red enough. See, Kennedy won the Cold War!!!!!!

• Like 1

You don’t think the world wouldn’t  be better off without Iran’s Islamic theocracy’s hand supporting Hezbollah, Assad in Syria, Iraq’s Shiites and the IRGC’s reign of terror across the Middle East. Iran turning from rock solid US ally to enemy was the most destabilizing geopolitical event of the past 50 years. Don’t be a fucking idiot and look at before and after 1979 and not see what an utter shit show the Middle East has become

Blame the CIA and Eisenhower for the shit show in Iran.

And the terrorists who founded the modern state of Israel.

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You don’t think the world wouldn’t  be better off without Iran’s Islamic theocracy’s hand supporting Hezbollah, Assad in Syria, Iraq’s Shiites and the IRGC’s reign of terror across the Middle East. Iran turning from rock solid US ally to enemy was the most destabilizing geopolitical event of the past 50 years. Don’t be a fucking idiot and look at before after 1979.

Ha ha. I wrote the above post before reading this bit of genius from you. I do look beyond 1979. The vast number of common Iranians hated America for overthrowing Mosaddegh in 1953.

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup d'état (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد‎), was the overthrow of Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favour of strengthening the monarchical rule of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the United Kingdom (under the name "Operation Boot") and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project[5] or "Operation Ajax"),[6][7][8][9] and the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime

4 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You have some very personal baggage associated with the man, and I get that. He was an honorable man who didn't flex American muscle ever. It wasn't in his psyche.  Garbage is really not something I think you can call the man.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 4

Politics aside, if this starts a trend of bringing orphaned dogs to funerals, it will be a tarnished legacy. Because, yeah, service dogs are cool. But people are idiots and don’t appreciate the difference between a well trained service dog and nana’s yip dog Maltese who will shit everywhere and eventually try to eat her.

Wow... here we go politicizing this thread.

For the record...

Jimmy Carter was by far the worst fucking president I've ever been unfortunate enough to live under, and it's not even close.  He really was way, way underquipped to do that job.

However, when he passes, I will watch, mourn, and salute him for serving his country the best way he knew how, and will (like now) fly my house flag at half-mast for the week because a former President has passed.  And I will thank him for serving and get teary-eyed if the eulogy has those elements in them.  I salute ALL presidents for serving their country.

Fuck politicizing ANYONE or ANYTHING in a memorial thread.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You have some very personal baggage associated with the man, and I get that. He was an honorable man who didn't flex American muscle ever. It wasn't in his psyche.  Garbage is really not something I think you can call the man.

He doesn't realize that Ike lost Iran in 1953. He thinks Iranians loved the House of Pahlavi.

18 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Reagan won the Cold War for us. Do you think for a second if Reagan was President during the hostage crisis he would have let it play out like Carter did?

They probably would have been released during Carter's term, if not for Reagan and Ollie North meddling.  

23 hours ago, retread said:

I posted this yesterday. Beautiful recounting of 41's relationship with James Baker.

Rector talks about James Baker at 1:54

https://www.c-span.org/video/?455342-1/president-george-hw-bush-state-funeral-service

You can blame Carter for also empowering and birthing the cancer that is political Islam with his boy Zbiegnew. They both help bring about the Islamists in Tehran and Afghanistan, not to mention Hezbollah,  Islamic Jihad and eventually Al Qaeda. Carter in my opinion was even more sympathetic and pro-Islam than Barack HUSSEIN Obama (shot out for you Swam4). Just look at his shameful pro-Palestinian positions.

You can blame Carter for also empowering and birthing the cancer that is political Islam with his boy Zbiegnew. They both help bring about the Islamists in Tehran and Afghanistan, not to mention Hezbollah,  Islamic Jihad and eventually Al Qaeda. Carter in my opinion was even more sympathetic and pro-Islam than Barack HUSSEIN Obama (shot out for you Swam4). Just look at his shameful pro-Palestinian positions.

You can thank Dwight Eisenhower and the CIA for helping bring the Islamists to Tehran. Oh, and the UK.

Also, Ronald Reagan and Israel did a lot to kick the ant pile.

Israeli apartheid is just as shameful as South African apartheid.