RIP George H. W. Bush

TexArcher

And since this is the politics board, I can’t wait to see what stupid moronic disrespectful shit Trump has to say about him

Will he even go to the funeral? I doubt it. He knows all the other ex presidents hate his fucking guts for good reason

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

And since this is the politics board, I can’t wait to see what stupid moronic disrespectful shit Trump has to say about him

Will he even go to the funeral? I doubt it. He knows all the other ex presidents hate his fucking guts for good reason

He won’t be invited. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gil Bang said:

And since this is the politics board, I can’t wait to see what stupid moronic disrespectful shit Trump has to say about him.

I hope he can manage to show a tiny bit of class with this one, but why would he?  He'll find a way to make this about himself.

RIP to President Bush.  Thoughts to his family.  Was his the last heroic, pre-presidency, military career in our country?   I think so.  Thank you for your service.

Yes he is the last. Carter before him certainly served honorably as well. Reagan spent the war in what is now Century City California making training films.

Clinton avoided the draft, W served in the reserves, Obama was too young, and Trump spent Vietnam avoiding syphilis at studio 54.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I bet he will be.  I can see GHWB wanting to use his funeral as a showing of unity in the country instead of divisions. Everyone comes.  Everyone claps.  Everyone bows their head.  

I’ll go with no.  Moms tend to have a say in this stuff.  I’d bet Barbara Bush had it in her last wishes to freeze this orange shitstain out of any of their funerals.  Can’t blame her.  

RIP Mr. President 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

^^ true, but he had a pretty great run.  Which made me think - was he older than Jimmy Carter?  Which made me look it up - Carter is definitely the oldest living president, but Bush was actually the oldest living former president ever at 94 years 171 days.  God willing, if he doesn't fall off of a ladder or choke on a peanut, Carter will take the throne in 110 days.  Next oldest Ford, then Reagan.  Those fucking second half of the 20th century presidents had staying power, man.  I mean, except Kennedy.

*edit*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidents_of_the_United_States_by_age

(you can sort the chart by column)

Carter in the lead for longest post presidency lifespan by over 6 years, at 37 years and 315 days

Edited by Celery Man

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I didn't agree with a lot of his politics, but he was an honorable man.

RIP

Not one of the best presidents, certainly not one of the worst. Political differences cast aside a great Texan that happened to be born in a different state. 

RIP