RIP George H. W. Bush

TexArcher

Every President since FDR has been a war criminal in the technical sense of the Hague.  So have a few hundred Heads of State and Heads of Government and Commanders in Chief in that same timeframe.  Even Hugo knows this ;) 

The funeral rite of the Episcopal Church is one of the most beautifully written and powerful pieces of liturgy in the world. I urge y’all that are not familiar with the Book of Common Prayer to crack it open if interested and read it. It’s remarkable in capturing both the joy of a loved one being with Jesus in Paradise and sadness of not having that person here on earth with us anymore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

The funeral rite of the Episcopal Church is one of the most beautifully written and powerful pieces of liturgy in the world. I urge y’all that are not familiar with the Book of Common Prayer to crack it open if interested and read it. It’s remarkable in capturing both the joy of a loved one being with Jesus in Paradise and sadness of not having that person here on earth with us anymore.

Mythology is often moving.

3 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

Hugo, the voice of measured right wing reason?

What is going on here?

th?id=OIP.VWMbb5ThqOFIUyGgAa2L8AHaFk&pid

He's just falling in line with what establishment Democrats are supposed to do.  It's pretty much the same thing  AOC did when she tweeted that John McCain was "an unparalleled example of human decency and American Service,"  when we all know he pushed for intervention and war at every turn that resulted in many deaths.  

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.—Voltaire” 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Probably about the same time everyone lists all the dickhead moves you made in your life at YOUR funeral.

Nobody's perfect.  But unless you were, in sum total, just an evil SOB, a funeral ain't where you talk about that side of the ledger.

Nobody talked about MLK's repeated philandering at his funeral, either.  You just sound like a dick here.

Therockclapping.gif

53 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Hushed tones and reverence will be the order of the day, even for the Donald.

Not for me.

Fireworks and beer, a new American holiday.  And I'll be laughing at the pathetic fucks and their mental gymnastics of trying to play the dignity game regarding the most undignified fuck to ever stain our country.

Edited by Brisketexan

Just now, Brisketexan said:

You equating GHWB with Trump?  No.  I don't.

I never equated them. George Bush had a semblance of a moral compass, albeit one skewed toward his vision of America and the world.

Having said that, the man we are so reverently eulogizing knew about widespread criminality in the Reagan White House, pardoned the main culprits once he was president, and approved one of the most appallingly racist campaign ads in American history.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not for me.

Fireworks and beer, a new American holiday.  And I'll be laughing at the pathetic fucks and their mental gymnastics of trying to play the dignity game regarding the most undignified fuck to ever stain our country.

The talk will all be about the higher ideals of the nation and then a bunch of sermonizing about Jesus. Ivanka will talk and try to rehabilitate the image of Donald as an individual, but DOTARD will have no real friends and it will all be very businesslike. No one will cry, except maybe Ivanka. Everyone will be stoic and spend their time there appropriately. Then it will end. Then we will basically forget him except to occasionally shudder or laugh.

13 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The talk will all be about the higher ideals of the nation and then a bunch of sermonizing about Jesus. Ivanka will talk and try to rehabilitate the image of Donald as an individual, but DOTARD will have no real friends and it will all be very businesslike. No one will cry, except maybe Ivanka. Everyone will be stoic and spend their time there appropriately. Then it will end. Then we will basically forget him except to occasionally shudder or laugh.

I remember Nixon's and thought Clinton did a good job with it.  He worked to uphold the honor of the office in the speech while acknowledging his flaws.  I'd expect the same here.

HOWEVA, as I'm writing this it occurs to me dotard will have a ton of evangelicals wanting to extol his virtues.  He'll be eulogized like crazy.

38 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

there will be recorded prison videos from his friends who never got a pardon. 

Funeral program for President Donald John Trump

Speaker #1: Pastor Chuster C. Bucklamp

Devotional - "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight"

Speaker #2: Diamond & "Silk" (Silk has unfortunately passed and this is her replacement)

Devotional - Recordings of random hootin' and hollerin' from regional rally attendees

Speaker #3: President Robert "Beto" O'Rourke

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Funeral program for President Donald John Trump

Speaker #1: Pastor Chuster C. Bucklamp

Devotional - "All My Rowdy Friends Are Coming Over Tonight"

Speaker #2: Diamond & "Silk" (Silk has unfortunately passed and this is her replacement)

Devotional - Recordings of random hootin' and hollerin' from regional rally attendees

Speaker #3: President Robert "Beto" O'Rourke

sounds like the good news is that DOTUS will die within 2-6 years.

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Will Trump get a presidential library?

It will be funny when instead of cities fighting to get it located in their burgh, the will be fighting to keep it out.  It'll end up in some backwater town in Mississippi.

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

It will be funny when instead of cities fighting to get it located in their burgh, the will be fighting to keep it out.  It'll end up in some backwater town in Mississippi.

Absolutely.  It will have to be in a state that voted for him twice, so no Penn.  Only other direction will be evangelical.  But also money.  So the confederacy plus the great plains.  So Vandy?  Keep your eyes on him developing weird ties to some place like GHWB's sudden love for Aggy.

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Trump's funeral will probably be covered more warmly and favorably than Carter's, whom the media will probably stamp yet again as a feckless loser.  

Carter is a fucking loser. He lost Iran to the mullahs and is an unabashed supporter of the Palestinians. Unlike with Iraq, the US had a legit reason to invade Iran because of the embassy hostage situation. He can go fuck himself. 

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Carter is a fucking loser. He lost Iran to the mullahs and is an unabashed supporter of the Palestinians. Unlike with Iraq, the US had a legit reason to invade Iran because of the embassy hostage situation. He can go fuck himself. 

He's a better person than you.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Yeah. Carter lost Iran to the mullahs.

15 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Lulz.  Not just a "Carter is a loser" take, but a "Carter is a loser because he didn't invade Iran" take.  Man I love me some mideast wars.

18 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So, he's a loser because he didn't start a war, which would have, without a doubt, resulted in the deaths of every single hostage.  

Go suck a cock, you idiot. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Lulz.  Not just a "Carter is a loser" take, but a "Carter is a loser because he didn't invade Iran" take.  Man I love me some mideast wars.

Yup. As if any President would have been able to stop the Shah from being overthrown.  We were still in the early days of getting over the Vietnam War. There was no public support for the kind of intervention that would have been required to prop-up the Shah.

EDIT: I see that a couple of you were faster than I was and made the same point.

Edited by Hornius Emeritus