2018 Heisman Trophy Race

satyanash

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

4 OU QBs in the last 15 years.   Jason White, Sam Bradford, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray.

I still feel OU does whatever it takes to get their QBs numbers up to make them look good. If it means running up the score then so be it. Whereas Tom gets 2 scores ahead and plays it safe hoping not to lose. We may never win another Heisman. 

6 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I still feel OU does whatever it takes to get their QBs numbers up to make them look good. If it means running up the score then so be it. Whereas Tom gets 2 scores ahead and plays it safe hoping not to lose. We may never win another Heisman. 

He won the Heisman because his defense made it close in every game he played so he had to go all world to win the games. Tua lost it because his defense didn't suck asshole and he sat most of the 4th in every game. That and their offense is legit incredible. Lose their top running back, they have 2 replacements who might be better. Lose a WR, plug another all world WR in. Now imagine if they can actually get a defense going. 

All that said, the kid is incredible. If he were on our team, we'd think he was the 2nd coming of VY. I'd be curious to see a list of all the times his offense didn't get points on a drive.

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 3

Just now, Brandywine said:

Maybe this offseason they go back and watch the games and learn from their mistakes. Its a football philosophy thing. You never "dont need to score more, just control the ball", you should always put more points and stretch the field. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

43-0 at Allen HS with 3 straight Texas 6A titles.  Gatorade player of the year. 

Only game lost as starter was to Texas right? (until Bama)

And he's gone from the sport. 

He lost one game at A&M as a starter if I’m not mistaken. He’s a super talent. Can’t say I’m not a little jealous he didn’t come to Texas but OU and Lincoln were a much better fit. At Texas he would have gotten right in the middle of the Strong mess. 

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No one really cares about this award anymore except the Heisman committee and ESPN. 

And the recruits that OU can show his Heisman trophy to. Stop deluding yourself that this doesn't matter. It does. We haven't had a contender for the Heisman in the last 9 years. They've won 2 straight. 

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

And the recruits that OU can show his Heisman trophy to. Stop deluding yourself that this doesn't matter. It does. We haven't had a contender for the Heisman in the last 9 years. They've won 2 straight. 

We're not as good a football program as OU. That's not really a secret in the world of college football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

I have a feeling that if Sam Ehlinger is standing on that stage next year you’d be singing a different tune. 

I have a feeling you have stepped out of your lane.  Calling Texas fans out on a Texas board is gloating.  how many of us went to OU boards in October?  

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The point remains, no one really cares.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We're not as good a football program as OU. That's not really a secret in the world of college football.

Dennison!  You've let the CloakRoom rot your brain.  Get it together!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

I have a feeling you have stepped out of your lane.  Calling Texas fans out on a Texas board is gloating.  how many of us went to OU boards in October?  

My man, that's gloating?  Calling out a UT fan for saying nobody cares about the Heisman, in the fucking Heisman thread?  And since UT has an actual candidate next year, it's really far from gloating.  Nobody needs this place to turn into fucking texas ags with a bunch of whiny titty babies.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Be Bold.