2018 Heisman Trophy Race

satyanash

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

We're not as good a football program as OU. That's not really a secret in the world of college football.

And that should never be the proper order.   Texas should dominate and own OU in every facet, due to its resources.  There's no excuse for that.  

59 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, David Dennison said:
Fuck that little cocksucker. I hope he has a career ending injury and has to work in a fucking office.

Lmao at rooting for a serious injury. What a fucking tool. You take college football a little too seriously because he goes to a school you don't like. Get over it. The Heisman is still a big deal but you try to downplay it because your guys aren't in there.

After the antics he pulled against Sam and his classless bitchy behavior after losing to Texas and not acknowledging his opposition and proping himself up to be the best, I wouldn't shed a tear for him if he had a compound fracture ala Tyrone Prothro or Alex Smith and ended up working as a door greeter at Walmart.  

13 minutes ago, Constant said:

Looking forward to the Heisman House commercials with Baker and Kyler bunk beds. 

Spooning?  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

32 minutes ago, Whatever said:
37 minutes ago, Gaelic said:
Is that Terry from Reno 911?  

Yep. Nick Swardson. Funny.

Terry was probably my favorite Character from Reno 911.   Really wish they had kept that show on.  

31 minutes ago, Whatever said:
37 minutes ago, Gaelic said:
Is that Terry from Reno 911?  

And if you haven't seen Grandma's Boy I highly recommend it.

I'll have to check it out.  

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Has others have said heisman has lost all credibility to me with snubs of vince/colt plus other choices over the years

Didnt even know it was today until i checked espn earlier

It's always the week after CCG week and the day of Army vs Navy.  

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

His only loss ever as a starter was to us if I'm not mistaken.

I'd be fine with OU beating Bama. I don't think they will, but I'm fine if they do.

Somehow, I don't think my inclinations will have much bearing on the actual game.

I'm pretty sure you said what I said....only you used different words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Constant said:

And my point is that if Sam is up there next year every single one of you fucks are on pins and needles hoping he wins this meaningless award that no one cares about. 

Stop you fuck. If Sam wants it and he wins it, great. I’ll be happy for him. But I’m not gonna be on pins and needles worrying about it. 

7 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Stop you fuck. If Sam wants it and he wins it, great. I’ll be happy for him. But I’m not gonna be on pins and needles worrying about it. 

Yup. When Vince and Colt didn’t win I gave zero fucks after. Not worth any amount of time worrying about it after two deserving athletes didn’t win it. 

5 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

We want the Texas kids heading to Bama to come to Texas. They are going to Bama because it wins... Bama losing helps us more than OU losing in this case.

Exactly. This isn't the early and mid 00s anymore. We're not competing for as many of the same recruits with OU as we did in the past. Bama, LSU, A&M, and the rest of the SEC and their marketing team (ESPN) are why we can't get our DLine up to an elite level anymore. It's time to kill this bullshit SEC narrative. Having said that the best result would be Notre Dame somehow miraculously ending up as champs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bluto said:

Haskins threw 150 more passes than Kyler and 200 more than Tua, only minshew had more attempts. Throw on the rushing stats while 'normalizing' Haskins passing stats to direct compare and it wasn't close

Haskins also didn't have the luxury of playing against Big 12 defenses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Haskins also didn't have the luxury of playing against Big 12 defenses.

Big 10 defenses are ill equipped to handle modern offense with anything resembling talent, look at what Purdue did to the conference with essentially one player or how incredibly outclassed Michigan was across the board vs tosu offense. And besides that, look at the actual defenses on tosu's schedule... Michigan schools and northwestern MAYBE are the only ones worth a damn. The rest of the conference gets an incredible inflation by seeing Lewerkes and Hornibrooks hand the ball off 45 times a game and throw check downs on 3rd and long. 

• Like 1

Big 10 defenses are ill equipped to handle modern offense with anything resembling talent, look at what Purdue did to the conference with essentially one player or how incredibly outclassed Michigan was across the board vs tosu offense. And besides that, look at the actual defenses on tosu's schedule... Michigan schools and northwestern MAYBE are the only ones worth a damn. The rest of the conference gets an incredible inflation by seeing Lewerkes and Hornibrooks hand the ball off 45 times a game and throw check downs on 3rd and long. 
The same applies to SEC defenses. They have the luxury of facing 1920s style offenses every week plus their junk OOC schedule.

33 minutes ago, bluto said:

So, just to be clear, aside for maybe Texas, which teams did ou play that play better defense... against any style of offense... than Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, and Penn State?  All of whom Ohio State played this year.

I'm genuinely interested to know.

The point is that nobody knows how good the big 10 D's are as they are ridiculously inflated by the offenses they go up against. 

I would say Tx, ISU, and TCU (injuries killed em this yr) are all in range of those big 10 teams you listed off if they all play the same schedule/offenses. The big 10 was especially weak this yr outside of tosu and a little bit of Michigan. 

2 minutes ago, po elvis said:

he called friends "queers" in a half dozen tweets. does something like that cause gay people to hyperventilate?

Maybe. Somebody got to him and made him apologize. I don't use the Twitter, so I'm not the best person to ask about reactions to things. But I did see this week the Kevin Hart guy pulled out of hosting the awards show and also this week was Kyler apologizing. I'm guessing that there is a posse that digs into things people said 10-15 years ago.

• 5 weeks later...