2018 Heisman Trophy Race

satyanash

On 12/2/2018 at 11:08 AM, taybo20 said:

Honestly don’t give a fuck about this trophy. If a Texas player ever won again I’d be happy for them no doubt, but after having Vince and Colt robbed, fuck the heisman

I know I mention this on an annual basis but it is just because it was one of those illusion shattering moments for me as a kid: the day the voters selected Gino Torretta over Marshal Faulk for Heisman in 1993, despite everybody admitting that Faulk was better, was the day the mystique of the trophy died for me. I mean I was happy when Ricky won it and all but it is kind of a bullshit trophy.

But out of those three finalists Murray probably deserves it. Might as well give OU all of the Heismans.

Edited by Valmy77

13 minutes ago, orange dream said:

Ewok will win it.  Hurdles to that were for us to beat them Saturday or for Tua to have a good / great night.  Nope and Nope

Agreed with all who have said, the Heisman was on life support after the Vince snub and then dead to me after Colt.

If this happens, I hope it motivates Bama the way Texas was fired up after the Hypesman was handed to Reggie Bush.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I know I mention this on an annual basis but it is just because it was one of those illusion shattering moments for me as a kid, but the day the voters selected Gino Torretta over Marshal Faulk for Heisman in 1993, despite everybody admitting that Faulk was better, was the day the mystique of the trophy died for me. I mean I was happy when Ricky won it and all but it is kind of a bullshit trophy.

But out of those three finalists Murray probably deserves it. Might as well give OU all of the Heismans.

Ingram over Suh and McCoy was enough for the award to lose it's mystique for me.

Give it to Bama's offensive line if you really want to reward an above average running back as the most "outstanding" player in the nation.

22 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I know I mention this on an annual basis but it is just because it was one of those illusion shattering moments for me as a kid: the day the voters selected Gino Torretta over Marshal Faulk for Heisman in 1993, despite everybody admitting that Faulk was better, was the day the mystique of the trophy died for me. I mean I was happy when Ricky won it and all but it is kind of a bullshit trophy.

If you want to go back far enough, the Heisman in the 1950s was basically the 'best Notre Dame player' award. So it's not like it was super credible even at the beginning.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

ou's awful defense will win him this thing.  if tua was playing 4th quarters all year it wouldn't be close.

This is false media narrative. Kyler's numbers through the first 3 quarters eclipse Tua's.

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6224718-kyler-murray-has-better-stats-than-tua-tagovailoa-when-removing-fourth-quarter-numbers

This is the first link I could find, and it's only through 10 games, but it just got better for Kyler going forward, given what a shitburger Tua put up in game 13.

Edited by TXSooner518

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ingram over Suh and McCoy was enough for the award to lose it's mystique for me.

Give it to Bama's offensive line if you really want to reward an above average running back as the most "outstanding" player in the nation.

Agreed. Their offensive line was ungodly. Amazing how well they develop offensive linemen in their program.

I don't give a shit about the Heisman and haven't since VY was snubbed in favor of Reggie Bush. We witnessed first hand who deserved it in the Rose Bowl. blOwU can continue compiling these silly, meaningless trophies. They haven't sniffed a natty in a decade and get beat down in the first round of the playoffs every time they make it there. I can't wait until Bama gives them a proper beat down in the Orange Bowl.

• Like 1

Is it December already?

1. Look up playoff teams. 

2. Write down the QBs of playoffs teams. (Add in RB if they put up “big numbers”)

3. Who has a better “narrative” of the three? 

Answer: Midget that’s good at 2 sports. Will totally sell copy 

See you guys next year. 

On 12/2/2018 at 12:36 AM, Surly Bevo said:

Who cares

So far as any of us? Very few care.

So far as any coach currently out recruiting? Every damn one of them cares. And why even Alabama is pushing for the award. A school that recruits lights out every single year still puts value in one of their own winning it. 

As bullshit as it may be. Having team and individual awards, including the most recognizable trophy in collegiate sport can do a lot for recruiting.  

59 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

That being said, who would be your finalists?

A. Will Grier - I hate him. I think he’s a chode. That being said, he is by far one of the best college football players. His passes are rediculously good. His team would absolutely suck without him. 

B. Ed Oliver - It doesn’t matter what team he plays against. He dominates everyone. 

C. Rondale Moore - changes entire games. Pretty much beat OSU by himself. 

I could keep finding other players but I’m tired 

Why I wouldn’t select:

A. Kyler Murray - He’s very good. But without Murray, OU would still be good. They were last year. You tell me they had Baker. True. I don’t think he should of won the Heisman either. I think the difference maker is Lincoln Riley. 

B. Tua - Alabama would destroy people without Tua. They have Jalen Hurts to prove it. Should Jalen Hurts deserve the Heisman too? You place any QB in Bama and their talents will be magnified by the supporting cast. (yes I think Tua is great and will be a great Pro. I just don’t think he’s making his team like other candidates 

C. Dwayne - whatever 

I guess if you take the player away, and your team can be just as good without you, I don’t really think you are the one making the difference 

It's funny, I keep seeing comments like "OU is a 7-5 team without Murray." Yet OU routinely achieves 10-win seasons / Big 12 titles regardless of which QB they have. I think with both Kyler and Tua, the surrounding talent/coaching is so great that there's minimal drop-off without them. That's not at all the case with someone like Will Grier.

40 minutes ago, satyanash said:

It's funny, I keep seeing comments like "OU is a 7-5 team without Murray." Yet OU routinely achieves 10-win seasons / Big 12 titles regardless of which QB they have. I think with both Kyler and Tua, the surrounding talent/coaching is so great that there's minimal drop-off without them. That's not at all the case with someone like Will Grier.

If Kyler wins the Heisman tonight, then the last time OU was QBd by a non-Heisman winner (2014), they went 8-5.

23 hours ago, Chad said:

I don't give a shit about the Heisman and haven't since VY was snubbed in favor of Reggie Bush. We witnessed first hand who deserved it in the Rose Bowl. blOwU can continue compiling these silly, meaningless trophies. They haven't sniffed a natty in a decade and get beat down in the first round of the playoffs every time they make it there. I can't wait until Bama gives them a proper beat down in the Orange Bowl.

Very aggy of you Chad.  

Actually, it's kind of cool...you guys can bond both rooting for Bama.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

On 12/7/2018 at 4:19 PM, clapclapclap said:

No need to watch now.  Someone leaked a photo from the NY Athletic Club:

stack-of-phone-books.png

Gosh dangit, I should have read this thread earlier, as I can't get Las Vegas on the line in time for the "guaranteed lock"...