2018 Heisman Trophy Race

satyanash

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

My man, that's gloating?  Calling out a UT fan for saying nobody cares about the Heisman, in the fucking Heisman thread?  And since UT has an actual candidate next year, it's really far from gloating.  Nobody needs this place to turn into fucking texas ags with a bunch of whiny titty babies.  

Doc, you don't read so good.  Did I say nobody cares about the Heisman?  Try again.    

2 minutes ago, SDG said:

Doc, you don't read so good.  Did I say nobody cares about the Heisman?  Try again.    

LOL - no, Dennison said that...and was called out.   Then you said Constant was gloating.  He was calling out a comment - not gloating.  I feel like I need a fucking flow chart to explain this.  I'll just drink more Blanton's and concede the point.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL - no, Dennison said that...and was called out.   Then you said Constant was gloating.  He was calling out a comment - not gloating.  I feel like I need a fucking flow chart to explain this.  I'll just drink more Blanton's and concede the point.  

good point.  I dont want to get dragged into that pc bs.  

15 minutes ago, SDG said:

On 12/1/2018 at 11:36 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Who cares

On 12/2/2018 at 11:08 AM, taybo20 said:

Honestly don’t give a fuck about this trophy. If a Texas player ever won again I’d be happy for them no doubt, but after having Vince and Colt robbed, fuck the heisman

On 12/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, Whatever said:

This.  I haven't cared since Colt got snubbed in '09.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:59 PM, orange dream said:

Ewok will win it.  Hurdles to that were for us to beat them Saturday or for Tua to have a good / great night.  Nope and Nope

Agreed with all who have said, the Heisman was on life support after the Vince snub and then dead to me after Colt.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:01 PM, Valmy77 said:

I know I mention this on an annual basis but it is just because it was one of those illusion shattering moments for me as a kid: the day the voters selected Gino Torretta over Marshal Faulk for Heisman in 1993, despite everybody admitting that Faulk was better, was the day the mystique of the trophy died for me. I mean I was happy when Ricky won it and all but it is kind of a bullshit trophy.

But out of those three finalists Murray probably deserves it. Might as well give OU all of the Heismans.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:16 PM, ztejas said:

Ingram over Suh and McCoy was enough for the award to lose it's mystique for me.

Give it to Bama's offensive line if you really want to reward an above average running back as the most "outstanding" player in the nation.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:21 PM, Marfa Low Crown said:

Haven't given a shit about the Heisman since 96' when Orlando Pace didn't win it.  When the trophy starts going to 'the most outstanding player in the country' and not always to a qb / rb on a highly ranked team, maybe I'll care again. 

On 12/3/2018 at 1:27 PM, satyanash said:

If you want to go back far enough, the Heisman in the 1950s was basically the 'best Notre Dame player' award. So it's not like it was super credible even at the beginning.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:23 PM, Chad said:

I don't give a shit about the Heisman and haven't since VY was snubbed in favor of Reggie Bush. We witnessed first hand who deserved it in the Rose Bowl. blOwU can continue compiling these silly, meaningless trophies. They haven't sniffed a natty in a decade and get beat down in the first round of the playoffs every time they make it there. I can't wait until Bama gives them a proper beat down in the Orange Bowl.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:09 PM, Hamttx said:

So far as any of us? Very few care.

So far as any coach currently out recruiting? Every damn one of them cares. And why even Alabama is pushing for the award. A school that recruits lights out every single year still puts value in one of their own winning it. 

As bullshit as it may be. Having team and individual awards, including the most recognizable trophy in collegiate sport can do a lot for recruiting.  

Just sayin'.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

OU beating Bama would be an incredible boost to Texas recruiting. They win and we win would be a recruiting game changer.

No Texas beating Georgia and OU losing to Bama will be a nice boost to Texas recruiting. We don't need OU pulling more great Texas offensive players out of the state. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No Texas beating Georgia and OU losing to Bama will be a nice boost to Texas recruiting. We don't need OU pulling more great Texas offensive players out of the state. 

We want the Texas kids heading to Bama to come to Texas. They are going to Bama because it wins... Bama losing helps us more than OU losing in this case.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I will say... this bodes poorly for OU against Bama. Tua will be looking for blood.

Not sure about Tua who seems rather mild mannered,   but rest assured that Saban and the Alabama D  will be impassioned.     They will not be rushing only 3 for the majority of snaps. 

Fuck that little cocksucker. I hope he has a career ending injury and has to work in a fucking office.
Lmao at rooting for a serious injury. What a fucking tool. You take college football a little too seriously because he goes to a school you don't like. Get over it. The Heisman is still a big deal but you try to downplay it because your guys aren't in there.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
44 minutes ago, David Dennison said:
Fuck that little cocksucker. I hope he has a career ending injury and has to work in a fucking office.

Lmao at rooting for a serious injury. What a fucking tool. You take college football a little too seriously because he goes to a school you don't like. Get over it. The Heisman is still a big deal but you try to downplay it because your guys aren't in there.

I think you take internet message board a little too seriously if you think anything I say here is said in earnest.

Come on, guy.

12 minutes ago, torre said:

Not sure about Tua who seems rather mild mannered,   but rest assured that Saban and the Alabama D  will be impassioned.     They will not be rushing only 3 for the majority of snaps. 

Oh yeah. I guarantee Saban is putting the Heisman ceremony on repeat in the locker room.

I said I was indifferent about the result but now I really hope Bama just crushes them. Suck all of the life out of this vomit-flavored gooner momentum and put Ewok on a bus to Oakland.

51 minutes ago, Constant said:

And my point is that if Sam is up there next year every single one of you fucks are on pins and needles hoping he wins this meaningless award that no one cares about. 

Meaningless? No. Bullshit? Yes. And obviously it would be a big deal for our program if Sam won it. I don't see that as a likely possibility though.

6 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

How the fuck can someone have to say 100 words on national TV and not be able to pronounce ten of them? 2 minutes of prep too much? Would have been awful for Tua if he wins and is forever memorialized as Tua Tahagawannalaya

The guy had a fucked up last name of his own. You’d think a lifetime of people jacking his name up would make him square this one away. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Constant said:

The guy had a fucked up last name of his own. You’d think a lifetime of people jacking his name up would make him square this one away. 

Krishnamurti is a pretty standard Indian name. And I didn't think he fucked up Tua's name that badly... guess I'll have to rewatch

Baker Mayfield won the Heisman last season, however that didn't stop ousux from choking on a colossal sized dick against UGA. The game was 31-14 and their Heisman winner didn't quite get the job done. Bama is going to hang 50+ on that shitty defense and make it look easy in the process.