2020 Senate Elections

Patrick Bateman

Can somebody tell me what the fuck is going on with South Carolina?  Did a bunch of goddamned Californians just move in?

I know Lindsay Graham has always had his detractors among the South Carolina GOP.  Six years ago, he only got 56% in the Republican primary against a whole bunch of candidates (the guy in second place only got 15%).  But those challenges have generally come from the right.  And I don't think there are a bunch of right-wingers deserting Graham to vote for Jamie Harrison.

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Can somebody tell me what the fuck is going on with South Carolina?  Did a bunch of goddamned Californians just move in?

I know Lindsay Graham has always had his detractors among the South Carolina GOP.  Six years ago, he only got 56% in the Republican primary against a whole bunch of candidates (the guy in second place only got 15%).  But those challenges have generally come from the right.  And I don't think there are a bunch of right-wingers deserting Graham to vote for Jamie Harrison.

Because Lady G’s trump flip flopping is too fucking obvious and embarrassing, and he wasn’t all that popular to begin with, and people in that state don’t like to be embarrassed. Not that anybody does but i think more so there.  

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Because Lady G’s trump flip flopping is too fucking obvious and embarrassing, and he wasn’t all that popular to begin with, and people in that state don’t like to be embarrassed. Not that anybody does but i think more so there.  

And the ladybug chronicles may have pointed out to some of his constituents that he's gay, which may cause some of them to stay home, lest he attract more hurricanes to SC ...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

South Carolina is nearly 30 percent black. An engaged black electorate makes the state a lot closer. Obama got 45 percent in 2008.

Obama level black turnout (Trump, Biden, and a black senate candidate is a pretty good recipe for that) and a defection of educated whites could make it quite close. If you get black turnout in line with the population, you only need one in three honkeys to be right there. And we know educated whites are defecting. SC is more educated than the core of the deep south (closer to Texas, Florida, or NC than AL, MS, LA, AR, etc) and there is suburban spillover from Charlotte.

Very much doubt Harrison gets over the line but if we're going to keep talking about, say, Minnesota as a potential Trump state, it's no more laughable than that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

South Carolina is nearly 30 percent black. An engaged black electorate makes the state a lot closer. Obama got 45 percent in 2008.

Obama level black turnout (Trump, Biden, and a black senate candidate is a pretty good recipe for that) and a defection of educated whites could make it quite close. If you get black turnout in line with the population, you only need one in three honkeys to be right there. And we know educated whites are defecting. SC is more educated than the core of the deep south (closer to Texas, Florida, or NC than AL, MS, LA, AR, etc) and there is suburban spillover from Charlotte.

Very much doubt Harrison gets over the line but if we're going to keep talking about, say, Minnesota as a potential Trump state, it's no more laughable than that.

Ten miles from the coast in SC is more moderate than you'd think.  Lotta northern money there.  More than 10 miles and it's bat shit crazy.

13 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

There is a huge class divide between the well off Charleston voters with “decency” and “decorum” and the message board stereotypes of what we 1000  miles away thimk is going on. It’s happening everywhere.

6 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Hell, I just about never give to politicians.  I always figure I could donate the money to charity and it would be better spent.  But I gave to a few candidates.  I've spent my money on far more wasteful stuff than getting Joni Ernst out.

Same here.  Have never donated a penny to a politician.  Have now donated to 3 candidates (Biden, Greenfield, and Harrison) and plan to donate more.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I know you’re just passing along good news on the fundraising and I’m grateful for that, but I’m at the point where I want Democratic voters flooding the damn polls instead of opening their wallets.

This is the fuse that could cause a landslide. Time to get lit. Bury them, gloves come off, take the GOP out back and put them out of their misery. They were DOA in a 3-4 POTUS cycles anyway, let’s hasten that with a landslide. Then new states and amend the judiciary.

• Hook 'Em 2

This is the fuse that could cause a landslide. Time to get lit. Bury them, gloves come off, take the GOP out back and put them out of their misery. They were DOA in a 3-4 POTUS cycles anyway, let’s hasten that with a landslide. Then new states and amend the judiciary.

Fucking this.
And don’t forget the new 2021 Voting Rights Act, which we’re going to shove down their fucking throat till they gag, and then we’re gonna shove it further.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Fucking this.
And don’t forget the new 2021 Voting Rights Act, which we’re going to shove down their fucking throat till they gag, and then we’re gonna shove it further.

Ram down every piece of liberal legislation down their fucking spine. GND, gun control, universal healthcare, the Dream Act. All. Of. It.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Ram down every piece of liberal legislation down their fucking spine. GND, gun control, universal healthcare, the Dream Act. All. Of. It.

ALL OF IT.

Win the White House and senate, and pass more legislation in 2 years than in the past 20. Want to see what control of two branches can do? Let’s play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Would Doug Jones make a good AG? Asking for my own sanity. He’s going to be unemployed. 

Most definitely but I don’t know if he’s “liberal enough” for the progressives.

But AG is one position that does NOT need an ideologue IMO.

He would be fantastic in cleaning up the mess Barr has made and the type of guy that could enact permanent long lasting reforms in the DOJ.

I still have hope - I’m seeing more Jones yard signs than I saw even during the special election and he’s running a ton of television and YouTube ads hitting Tuberville really hard.

I’ve spoken to lots of people saying they’re voting for Trump and Jones because they think Tuberville is an embarrassment.

Alabamians know we’re the butt of jokes from the rest of the country - some deserved, some not - and we’re pretty sensitive into feeding into that stereotype.

They rightfully think sending Coach Birdbrain to the senate would result in relentless mocking. So I think there’s a lot of silent Jones voters.

And the fact that our other senator - Richard Shelby - has been very quiet about promoting Tuberville hasn’t gone unnoticed. Shelby has kept a super low profile the last four years and is one of the few deep south senators who hasn’t gone full Trump.

His re-election is a super long shot but most people never thought he’d get elected in the first place.

It’s all about turnout. Black voters - particularly Black women - and women voters have to show up in big numbers.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

Exactly.   I understand the despair, but the Repub overplaying their hand could be the best thing that ever happened to the Dems.  The Dems were never going to accomplish anything till they realize that the rules are gone.  We can’t have a repeat of Obama’s first 2 years of being played and stalled by the Rs while trying to get “bipartisanship support.”  We need a brutal ass fucking to truly understand  that politics is no longer consensual.    

Day one-  make DC and PR states.   You have now secured the Senate for generations.  
Day two-  pack the court. You have now eliminated conservative judicial activism from overturning the will of congress.

Day three-  increase the size of HOR for proportional representation.  You have now secured the House for generations.

Day four-  address political gerrymandering, pass voting right act, and address Citizens United.  You have now secured the Presidency for decades.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Exactly.   I understand the despair, but the Repub overplaying their hand could be the best thing that ever happened to the Dems.  The Dems were never going to accomplish anything till they realize that the rules are gone.  We can’t have a repeat of Obama’s first 2 years of being played and stalled by the Rs while trying to get “bipartisanship support.”  We need a brutal ass fucking to truly understand  that politics is no longer consensual.    

Day one-  make DC and PR states.   You have now secured the Senate for generations.  
Day two-  pack the court. You have now eliminated conservative judicial activism from overturning the will of congress.

Day three-  increase the size of HOR for proportional representation.  You have now secured the House for generations.

Day four-  address political gerrymandering, pass voting right act, and address Citizens United.  You have now secured the Presidency for decades.

Make our Pacific island territories state too.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Yep. All of that.

And more.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Careful about PR—it’s not necessarily Democratic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, thepop said:

Here is why we don’t waste money on McGrath and instead on candidates that have a serious chance.

Id donate to Iowa myself.  It looks like Collins, Gardner, and mcsally are all underwater.  Tillis will probably lose too. The next likely one for us to win is Iowa. Joni Ernst is a miserable cunt too. She’s dumb as hell. She really thinks the Obama administration did terrible in combatting Ebola, but the trump administration has done amazing in handling Covid.

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I’ve spoken to lots of people saying they’re voting for Trump and Jones because they think Tuberville is an embarrassment.

This is only the second time in recorded history in which a sentence about Trump has the word "embarrassment" in reference to someone else.

I'm positive you accounted for the only other instance back in 2017.

This is only the second time in recorded history in which a sentence about Trump has the word "embarrassment" in reference to someone else.
I'm positive you accounted for the only other instance back in 2017.

Welcome to Alabama the Beautiful - the only place in America with two assholes more embarrassing than Donald Trump!!!

:)

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Most people can probably see through it.  In addition, if it doesn’t stop the nomination it probably won’t help her. Results are all that matter.

Nothing is going to help her. Trumps on his way to getting buttfucked in Maine-she has basically no chance. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn