Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

7 hours ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Why would a conservative Republican watch any other news, honest question?  About 80% of the newscasters are liberals on other stations.  Make the media less biased and Republicans would watch other programs...I dont need to turn on CNN and hear a bunch of shit about how bad Republicans are.  I dont live my life how they generalize all Republicans live their lives so to me it is just a bunch of BS..

Why does the existence of a biased media somehow drive one to consume OTHER biased media? It just makes no sense. 

Which of course is because it is utter bullshit. 

If biased media is such a scourge, the proper response would be to consume no media. Of course, fact based reporting does exist, it's just not found on the idiot box, so uneducated simpletons don't know where to find and consume it. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, do tell......

And that's just tuition -- not accounting for living expenses, etc., which of course require more money and work.

Lots of people USED to work their way through school.  It was quite doable.  Under 200 hours of work covers your tuition, work some more to pay for your shitty shared apartment, and you could pull it off.

Now, nearly 1000 hours of work to cover tuition.....and you haven't even worked to get money for your shitty shared apartment, and I guess you should find some time to actually attend classes and study.

Fucking ZERO awareness from the entitled generation (and that generation ain't the young folks -- it's the jackholes who preach about how they worked their way through school when it took 20% of the modern necessary workload to do so -- that's fucking entitlement right there).

But hE hAd A scHoLarSHip!!!

Wait, we aren’t friends?  I just think listening to Savage explains a lot about your worldview.  That dude is straight up bonkers.  But maybe when you listen, you just laugh at his idiocy/ranting like a normal person would. 

Savage is Alex Jones minus the gay frogs.   

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, I disagree with many of the takes the Economist has (not a huge number, but many of them).  

I have been an Economist subscriber for a long time and don't plan on giving it up soon because it is good reading, but is there ANY issue The Economist editorial board has ever looked at that they would say couldn't be made better with a free market solution?  

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

I have been an Economist subscriber for a long time and don't plan on giving it up soon because it is good reading, but is there ANY issue The Economist editorial board has ever looked at that they would say couldn't be made better with a free market solution?  

Drug abuse.  They definitely see a government-driven solution.  They just recommend re-directing gov't resources from treating it like a legal/criminal crisis to treating it like a public health crisis.  

And for that matter, the Economist is pretty solidly on board with the concept of single-payer care like the NHS.  They're plenty critical of how some of those programs are run at times, but they don't suggest privatizing the NHS (at least, if they have, I've totally missed that).

But, yes, it's a classically liberal publication, so it leans heavily towards market-based solutions, a robust and free press, you know, all the stuff that goes with that package.

Knight Craft has been married three times and divorced twice. She married David S. Moross and then Judson Knight.[12] She wed Joe Craft in April 2016.[19] Craft's husband is a billionaire coal-mining executive for Alliance Resource Partners, L.P., the third-largest coal producer in the eastern United States.[20][21][22]

32 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, do tell......

And that's just tuition -- not accounting for living expenses, etc., which of course require more money and work.  I quoted one piece -- there are dozens of analyses out there showing similar truths.

Lots of people USED to work their way through school.  It was quite doable.  Under 200 hours of work covers your tuition, work some more to pay for your shitty shared apartment, and you could pull it off.

Now, nearly 1000 hours of work to cover tuition.....and you haven't even worked to get money for your shitty shared apartment, and I guess you should find some time to actually attend classes and study.

Fucking ZERO awareness from the entitled generation (and that generation ain't the young folks -- it's the jackholes who preach about how they worked their way through school when it took 20% of the modern necessary workload to do so -- that's fucking entitlement right there).

If I was going to do it nowadays, I wouldn't fucking go to a college or university unless maybe I wanted to be a doctor or lawyer.  I see very few professions where a traditional 4 year degree gives you some kind of advantage in the workforce over somebody that just has certifications or went to a trade school.  I don't understand why kids today want to strap themselves with all that debt when their are other options.  For example, my wife recently graduated school as an Xray tech and then went on to get her Manmo certification and MRI certification just in the past 3.5 years.  About 2.5 years of it was spent in school...Total cost was about 12,000 dollars for school.  She waited on a list 5 years to get into this school.  The school placed her at a hospital in basically what was an internship and now she has a job at that hospital making 35 dollars an hour starting out.  That's a pretty freaking good return on a 12,000 dollar investment...

Edited by Rockymtnhigh

15 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

If I was going to do it nowadays, I wouldn't fucking go to a college or university unless maybe I wanted to be a doctor or lawyer.  I see very few professions where a traditional 4 year degree gives you some kind of advantage in the workforce over somebody that just has certifications or went to a trade school.  I don't understand why kids today want to strap themselves with all that debt when their are other options.  For example, my wife recently graduated school as an Xray tech and then went on to get her Manmo certification and MRI certification just in the past 3.5 years.  About 2.5 years of it was spent in school...Total cost was about 12,000 dollars for school.  She waited on a list 5 years to get into this school.  The school placed her at a hospital in basically what was an internship and now she has a job at that hospital making 35 dollars an hour starting out.  That's a pretty freaking good return on a 12,000 dollar investment...

Almost every single white-collar profession, literally, requires a four-year degree at a minimum to even be considered for a job - except maybe an occasional and/or exceptionally talented coder. Pink collar (like your wife) and lots of blue collar jobs, maybe not. 

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, retread said:

No phone calls. Definitely, definitely no phone calls.

And if Mueller reports that Trump is lying about all of this, Americans will have to decide who is telling the truth: the decorated combat Marine who served heroically in Vietnam or the pussy grabbing pedophile who thinks that adultery and screwing the wives of his friends is just fine.  

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Drug abuse.  They definitely see a government-driven solution.  They just recommend re-directing gov't resources from treating it like a legal/criminal crisis to treating it like a public health crisis.  

And for that matter, the Economist is pretty solidly on board with the concept of single-payer care like the NHS.  They're plenty critical of how some of those programs are run at times, but they don't suggest privatizing the NHS (at least, if they have, I've totally missed that).

But, yes, it's a classically liberal publication, so it leans heavily towards market-based solutions, a robust and free press, you know, all the stuff that goes with that package.

Subscriber or reader since 1978. 

18 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Almost every single white-collar profession, literally, requires a four-year degree at a minimum to even be considered for a job - except maybe an occasional and/or exceptionally talented coder. Pink collar (like your wife) and lots of blue collar jobs, maybe not. 

I hear this all the time, but every single good job I have worked  at, I started out at a lower skill job even with the degrees I have and I worked my way up and out of those jobs within just 2 to 3 years...There are a lot of companies that promote from within but you have to crawl sometimes before you walk...

8 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

I hear this all the time, but every single good job I have worked  at, I started out at a lower skill job even with the degrees I have and I worked my way up and out of those jobs within just 2 to 3 years...There are a lot of companies that promote from within but you have to crawl sometimes before you walk...

This guy is boomer mad libs.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Wait, we aren’t friends?  I just think listening to Savage explains a lot about your worldview.  That dude is straight up bonkers.  But maybe when you listen, you just laugh at his idiocy/ranting like a normal person would. 

Savage is Alex Jones minus the gay frogs.   

Oh, I see. Savage comes on a bit later in the day I believe, so I don’t catch him very often. The thing I can’t understand is why anyone would call his show, he treats his listeners like shit. 

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

This guy is boomer mad libs.

No shit.

9 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

That's not the way it works anymore. Even I realize this and I ain't no spring chicken at the ripe old age of 47.

If you are early in your career, the HR departments of corporate America will not call you in for an interview if you don't have at least a four-year degree, which is not the distinguishing characteristic it once was when now more than a third of all adults under the age of 45 years of age have a bachelor's degree.

It doesn't make you that special in today's job market. I know it's not fair and, in many cases, is utter bullshit, but that is how it goes nowadays.

9 hours ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Why would a conservative Republican watch any other news, honest question?  About 80% of the newscasters are liberals on other stations.  Make the media less biased and Republicans would watch other programs...I dont need to turn on CNN and hear a bunch of shit about how bad Republicans are.  I dont live my life how they generalize all Republicans live their lives so to me it is just a bunch of BS..

Name checks the fuck out

Mac-Devin-Go-High-School.gif

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm probably older than you . . . and I think you're full of shit.

34 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Oh, I see. Savage comes on a bit later in the day I believe, so I don’t catch him very often. The thing I can’t understand is why anyone would call his show, he treats his listeners like shit. 

That’s your only critique of Savage?  

Torbush dot gif

1 hour ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

It might be easier to crawl or walk if your decrepit boomer asses were wheeled out of in forced retirement. You’re tone deaf and making all the points you think you’re refuting. 

Typical. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow
  • Like 1

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-mike-pence-overseas-travel-pelosi-ae5a0dc3-43d6-4cce-a607-97e9a6b357c6.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

For a handful of hours next week, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will be the top-ranked government official on U.S. soil.

Driving the news: In a rare event on Monday, both President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence will be overseas at the same time — Pence in Colombia, and Trump en route to his summit in Vietnam with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, according to three administration sources.

Brainwashed?  Shit!  Maybe some of us so called old people that arent that old yet have seen this country change for the worse and don't  like it....My generation would never let the government take away our rights for a few freebies...This new generation seems to be begging the government to do just that....You could learn a lot from history...

This has gotta be swam right?

5 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Speaking as a fellow old person, your generation has taken more “freebies” than millennials and Gen-Z ever will. You got the best deal of any generation in American history and gave them America in decline. Go ahead and beat your chest about only watching TV news that caters to your feelings, but you sound like a guy who has taken a lot from this country and resents the young for trying to get what you seem to have taken for granted.

Im a gen Xer that grew up in the 80's and have been working and also furthering my education and training since I was 16 years old...What freebies have I taken from the government?  

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

No shit.

That's not the way it works anymore. Even I realize this and I ain't no spring chicken at the ripe old age of 47.

If you are early in your career, the HR departments of corporate America will not call you in for an interview if you don't have at least a four-year degree, which is not the distinguishing characteristic it once was when now more than a third of all adults under the age of 45 years of age have a bachelor's degree.

It doesn't make you that special in today's job market. I know it's not fair and, in many cases, is utter bullshit, but that is how it goes nowadays.

My answer to that is seek out every politician that wants to expand and not decrease the H1B Visa program and don't vote for those bastards.  Pisses me off every time I see a new employee walk into our office for a good paying IT job and 90 % of the time they come straight from India.  I got nothing against Indians, but I think it is stupid to ignore they are taking a lot of jobs that home grown or naturalized Citizens here in the US could be trained for.

I noticed when Congress signed this latest immigration compromise they didnt hesitate to put wording in it to expand the H1B visa program and none of them batted an eye about it.  They all rushed to vote yes on it...

Edited by Rockymtnhigh
  • Fuck You 10

12 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

I got nothing against Indians, but I think it is stupid to ignore they are taking a lot of jobs that home grown or naturalized Citizens here in the US could be trained for.

Yeah this totally doesn't read to me like someone pretending to not be racist. Not. One. Bit. Noh-sir-eeeh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ndawg said:

Yeah this totally doesn't read to me like someone pretending to not be racist. Not. One. Bit. Noh-sir-eeeh.

Whatever man.  Believe what you want to....I work on a team of 20 people in web development and 18 of them are from India...You want to know why the competition  is so tough for Bachelor degree holders to get jobs here in the US then you cant ignore these things..

• Fuck You 3

7 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

Whatever man.  Believe what you want to....I work on a team of 20 people in web development and 18 of them are from India...You want to know why the competition  is so tough for Bachelor degree holders to get jobs here in the US then you cant ignore these things..

Get good enough at your job that you don't have to be on a team of 20 people in web development and 18 of them are from India.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ndawg said:

Get good enough at your job that you don't have to be on a team of 20 people in web development and 18 of them are from India.

That would be a good plan; except, when your Director sends a memo and says all new open positions are going to our office in India.  Im telling you these politicians and corporations are selling us out...If the younger generation wants to do something to improve their livelihood in this country, they need to start paying attention to this shit and the politicians that support this shit...

• Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

My personal experience with visa holders from India usually leaves me hoping we can bring more people like that into this country as soon as possible. 

I would hope that someone finding themselves working on a web development team that is 90% Indians would be smart enough to conclude that their bosses feel the same way as you do :)

3 minutes ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

That would be a good plan; except, when your Director sends a memo and says all new open positions are going to our office in India.  Im telling you these politicians and corporations are selling us out...If the younger generation wants to do something to improve their livelihood in this country, they need to start paying attention to this shit and the politicians that support this shit...

I am confused, do you want small government to get out of your way, or do you want big government to take care of you and protect you from competition? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rockymtnhigh said:

LOL, poor you.  Please spew more of your nonracist BS.  It's actually entertaining.  

BTW  the younger generation is paying attention, and they're voting pieces of shit that think like you straight out of office.  So...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

How is competition so tough when unemployment is hovering around levels we haven't seen in 40 years? 

Unemployment isnt bad now, but my company has been steadily hiring H1B visa holders for close to the last 10 years..As many as they could get, even when unemployment here was bad...

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I am confused, do you want small government to get out of your way, or do you want big government to take care of you and protect you from competition? 

I don't need the government to protect me from anything....I have a great paying job and tons of experience.  I get job offers all the time and have no reason to be afraid of competitiion.  I was replying directly to the people on here that say young people here in the US with Bachelor degrees are not getting calls for interviews for jobs...

• Fuck You 3