2017-2018 PGA Tour

bigup2dahorns

We using this for the PGA Championship thread?

Okay - hackers take over PGA servers
https://golfweek.com/2018/08/08/hackers-target-pga-servers-seek-bitcoin-ransom/

ST. LOUIS — It’s not just elections. Hackers are now targeting major golf tournaments too.

Shadowy bandits have hijacked the PGA of America’s computer servers, locking officials out of crucial files related to this week’s PGA Championship at Bellerive Country Club and the upcoming Ryder Cup in France.

Staff realized Tuesday morning that their systems had been compromised when attempts to work on the files generated an ominous message: “Your network has been penetrated. All files on each host in the network have been encrypted with a strong algorythm [sic].”

Any attempt to break the encryption could cause the loss of all of the work, the hackers warned. “This may lead to the impossibility of recovery of certain files,” the message threatened.

The files contained creative materials for the PGA Championship at Bellerive and next month’s Ryder Cup in France. That includes extensive promotional banners and logos used in digital and print communications, and on digital signage around the grounds at Bellerive. The stolen files also include development work on logos for future PGA Championships. Some of the work began more than a year ago and cannot be easily replicated.

Well let’s make our picks people.

Always rooting for Jordan but his wonky putting will keep him from winning this week and the grand slam. He also likes fast greens and these are going to be very slow for a major.

I keep waffling between DJ and Koepka but I’m going with DJ.

For darkhorse I’m going between Thomas Pieters and Gary Woodland. Guess I’ll take Pieters

How the hell is TNT not providing all day coverage?  This is pretty much the only golf they show all year.  Big names all day long.  And coverage is not starting until 1 pm.
Hell, CBS Sports Network is gonna do "On the Range" at the PGA from 11 am to 1 pm.  Just bullshit.

Stream is good at least

Hogan was right. He predicted that if the rules of golf didn’t address the size of the hole all tournaments would more or less be come glorified putting contests.

Green books, along with emergence of the power game and solid ball has  allowed the casual fan to believe that those types elements are the deciding factor. But in truth the are not. A perfect example is Simpson winning the TPC. The guy putted lights out, punched way above his weight and saved multiple pars, not by hitting great approach shots. But by making putts in the 20’ range that his ass never fucking makes.

We have all played with guys who can shoot 72-75 at our club, and who never seem to find the fairway. Yet get them on the green and they take your fucking money. Same thing applies here. Whichever guy finds a way to putt way beyond his normal number (say average 25 instead of their normal 31) per round will win. And it won’t make a damn how fucking far he hits his drives, proximity to the hole, or his wedge play. The guy who putts best wins most.

Now, give DJ Zach Johnson’s putting ability  he would win everything.

28 minutes ago, Lurch said:

The huge fucking crowds that follow him on the course strongly disagree.

He's Michael Jordan playing for the Wizards

Joe Namath playing for the Rams

Emmitt playing for the Cards

OJ on the 49ers

Willie Mays with the Mets

He's still famous after all. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Anyone else having hacker problems?

Yeah both my tv feed and the online stream are down.  Earlier in the broadcast they did mention some technical problems with Ernie and Immelman being cut off so maybe it's related.

Edited by shakahorn

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, Mileslong said:

Well let’s make our picks people.

Always rooting for Jordan but his wonky putting will keep him from winning this week and the grand slam. He also likes fast greens and these are going to be very slow for a major.

I keep waffling between DJ and Koepka but I’m going with DJ.

For darkhorse I’m going between Thomas Pieters and Gary Woodland. Guess I’ll take Pieters

20 hours ago, Mileslong said:

lulz, story of my life

Koepka and his 63 today, into a tie with DJ, say thanks for the reverse jinxing