2017-2018 PGA Tour

bigup2dahorns

15 hours ago, Lurch said:

The crowd yelling “Go Tiger” at Harold all day was disappointing. This area is so much more diverse than Leander, but I’ve encountered a lot more blatant racism here.

Surprised they weren’t kicked out. That bullshit has no place anywhere. The rowdy douche gallery golf fan is just above the jersey wearing fight-starting grown man football fan on the deplorable American sports fan spectrum. 

ill be at the Nelson for a couple of days, if any of you boys want a free cold one let me know.  will have a tent hookup out there.  looking forward to seeing the course for the first time.  noah goodwin, a 17 year old got a sponsors exemption to play the Nelson.  he and his family are members here at Oakmont and last year shot a freakin' 59 here.  this kid is special and i expect big things from him.  here is a blurb about him.

Goodwin completed a stellar junior career by being named Rolex Junior Player of the Year in 2017. He is the fifth male in AJGA history to earn the title in consecutive years. The highlight of his junior career was winning the 2017 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship. He is one of only three players to win the championship after losing in the final the year before. He represented the United States team in the 2017 Junior Presidents Cup and 2016 Junior Ryder Cup. He will play college golf for SMU.

Going to try to get out there one day this wknd.  Coming back from Port A early Sat.

Looks like Jordan, DJ, Jason Day, Sergio, Patrick Reed, Matt Kuchar are all in.  Think they said eight of the top 19 were playing.

Any word on the course- what kind of shape it's going to be in?

Edited by LosIllini

Going to try to get out there one day this wknd.  Coming back from Port A early Sat.
Looks like Jordan, DJ, Jason Day, Sergio, Patrick Reed, Matt Kuchar are all in.  Think they said eight of the top 19 were playing.

The only guys of that group that are playing are Speith, Garcia and Kuchar. Disappointing field really. I’m thinking a lot of them are taking a wait and see attitude about this new venue

On 5/1/2018 at 10:14 AM, CHEF DIESEL said:

I wonder how the Byron Nelson will fair at the new Trinity Forest venue in South Dallas. I have been on the course and it is a complete departure from the old venue. No trees, no shade. Links style course.

On 5/2/2018 at 9:22 AM, DDD Dad said:

Fare.

I predict the pros will EAT IT UP.  May is not the time for that course.  Greens will be softer and slower than desired, and the pros will be taking target practice out there.  Birdie fest.  The only hope is if they get 20-30 mph steady winds with higher gusts.  Needs to be played in September if they want to make par relevant. 

5 hours ago, LosIllini said:

Andy Johnson (The Fried Egg podcast and Twitter account) posted today that early word is they doused the course to slow down conditions. He reports that it's "fear of player complaints driving the decision."  In fairness, expected temps this week are in the high 90's-100 Thursday-Friday.  

Rather interesting that they decided to begin an overwatering campaign ahead of the tournament. Would have been better to keep it fast and difficult.

The social media comments are just brutal about them softening the course. Weather will be dry and hot. The sand it is built upon dries quickly as well. Add to the equation that they are having a hard time getting their bermuda to grow.

I plan on being out there Saturday. Hopefully the city will not be moving trash at the nearby McCommas Bluff landfill during the event. The smell can be bad on a strong southerly wind day.

Attempting to go out early either Thursday or Friday and just walk the course. Little one and preggo at home holding back our usual family Saturday out there. Timing never worked out and I missed out of the invites to get your there to play so I really just want to see how this layout looks in person.

It is pretty funny talking to folks this week, everyone is a bit lost on plans and tickets. It’s like you spend your professional career knowing who to mooch off of with the best set up, or years working on the best day and option to take customers....and once you have it down pat they go and change everything up on ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

WireAP_08f7624d1cb845fca9962dbd9d869b73_

giphy.gif

Good stuff:

According to the report, Glover’s wife fought against being put into the back seat of a patrol car and damaged the door by repeatedly kicking it.

“Wait till the tour (PGA) hears about this,” she yelled, according to the report cited in The Mail. “You will lose your job. This is why cops get shot in the face. Wait till I talk with the judge, you will be f---ing fired over this.”

Dax33h7WsAA5Ic3.jpg

Edited by Sbbruin

On 5/15/2018 at 10:51 AM, CHEF DIESEL said:

Rather interesting that they decided to begin an overwatering campaign ahead of the tournament. Would have been better to keep it fast and difficult.

The social media comments are just brutal about them softening the course. Weather will be dry and hot. The sand it is built upon dries quickly as well. Add to the equation that they are having a hard time getting their bermuda to grow.

I plan on being out there Saturday. Hopefully the city will not be moving trash at the nearby McCommas Bluff landfill during the event. The smell can be bad on a strong southerly wind day.

Pretty sure they didn't go with bermuda.. I think they created their own zoysia strain which is now being used all over the world.  

I hope it's playing firm and fast and they were just testing to see how different it might play if they were to get rain.  

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Pretty sure they didn't go with bermuda.. I think they created their own zoysia strain which is now being used all over the world.  

I hope it's playing firm and fast and they were just testing to see how different it might play if they were to get rain.  

They are using bermuda on the greens. It has not been growing and they had to spray paint it green for the tournament.

6 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Pretty weak field.  There are a lot more used to be big names in the field (Els, Duval, Harrington, etc.)than there are big names. (Spieth, Hidecki, Garcia and that's about it.)

how long ago was it that Duval was a big name? (his last win was 2001, with 4 top tens since 2003)
Harrington and Els are in the field, playing together Thur/Fri

Your point is correct though - any event with Bowditch, Omar and Lumpy Herron is a pretty weak field

I have a real bad feeling that this is going to be a disaster.  Parking looks to be a mess, even if you want to UBER there is a shuttle that is not very close at all.  With record heat coming and very little shade this could be awful....that being said I am gonna give it a whirl early in the am and walk 18 before lunch time.

After seeing what the Euro and Asian tour play on a weekly basis I laugh every fucking time I hear someone bitch about course conditions. 

When the winner pockets damn near a million shut your pie hole and tee it up. We have gotten far to fancy for ourselves demanding every track look like Augusta. But that is unrealistic. Few have that type of capital to groom every blade. And that isn’t even the spirt of the game. Having a bad lie is just part of it. 

Everyone is playing the same track. And if your ass can’t figure out how to adjust to thin lies, bad greens and rough that hasn’t been touched by a mower or chemicals, tough shit. Go find something else to earn a living. Those that are mentally tough enough will manage. Those who don’t will blame the course. Same as it’s always been.

• Like 1

After seeing what the Euro and Asian tour play on a weekly basis I laugh every fucking time I hear someone bitch about course conditions. 
When the winner pockets damn near a million shut your pie hole and tee it up. We have gotten far to fancy for ourselves demanding every track look like Augusta. But that is unrealistic. Few have that type of capital to groom every blade. And that isn’t even the spirt of the game. Having a bad lie is just part of it. 
Everyone is playing the same track. And if your ass can’t figure out how to adjust to thin lies, bad greens and rough that hasn’t been touched by a mower or chemicals, tough shit. Go find something else to earn a living. Those that are mentally tough enough will manage. Those who don’t will blame the course. Same as it’s always been.

You must be a blast at parties

20 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Pretty weak field.  There are a lot more used to be big names in the field (Els, Duval, Harrington, etc.)than there are big names. (Spieth, Hidecki, Garcia and that's about it.)

There were some great players there before Byron Nelson passed away. They made a tour stop there to pay homage to him.

I’ll be rocking a pink long sleeve button down from the Phil collection tomorrow at my club championship. 

Tron (NoLayingUp) is playing the BMW ProAm today in one. He said he would if they raised $15k and they made it

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, EMAWesome said:

week after The Players can't help.

HamTx stole my thunder!
Tee it up guys. Play a local “public” course and see how the masses have to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NFL should have ant mounds on the field and NBA rims should be bent with a coin flip to see who gets the side missing a net