2017-2018 PGA Tour

bigup2dahorns

11 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

That Us senior open was pretty damn exciting down the break. Good to see David toms wrap it up. 

I got my ass handed to me David Toms several times in junior golf.  Now I really feel old, as if my damn near broken back didn’t do that on its own this last week.

/ not so csb

Golf.com is reporting that Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods are contemplating a $10 million winner-take-all exhibition match.

The report says Mickelson was hopeful the match would have taken place on July 3 in Las Vegas, except that negotiations with a television network and corporate support could not be worked out in time.

Mickelson says they are working on a different date.

Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, declined to comment on the report.

Woods was involved in made-for-TV exhibitions some 15 years ago. They evolved from singles matches with David Duval and Sergio Garcia to team matches, one of them a mixed team exhibition. Mickelson was part of just one of those matches.

Mickelson playfully hinted at such a match when he and Woods were in the same group at The Players Championship.

Just now, markstanco said:

Why is that woman playing this week on the PGA tour?

Because the tournament sponsor is also one of her sponsors (she did tie Bowditch in the first round, she has to play her 2nd round today)

And JT or JS could shoot 4 rounds in the 50's on a 6,200 yard course, nobody wants to see that. I'm thinking all par 5's they'd hit in two, and likely they could drive 3 or so par 4's, and all the 3 pars would be a wedge (then again JT hit a wedge something like 230 at Carnoustie this week)

Why is that woman playing this week on the PGA tour? Oh yea, "look at me look at me" is why. Nice 78. Its a little harder when the course isn't 6200 yards huh. I wish justin thomas or jordan would play in a LPGA event and win by 20.

She’s up on 80wditch by 3 shots after 2 rounds

On 7/27/2018 at 4:57 PM, TonyTexas said:

Ugly American. He’s going to get crushed by the fans at the Ryder Cup in Paris. They will bring sacks of coins.

Hell if I was there, I'd bring em too.  He's going to be walking down the fairway and there will be jingling like it is Christmas.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Yet he’d happily trade his career for Jordan’s. 

Debatable.  He'd definitely take Jordan's first 6 years on tour (2013-2018) over his first 6 (2008-2013), and he'd probably take Jordan's potential trajectory.  But career as of today is another question.  The obvious difference for Jordan being the Open and Masters wins.  But DJ's made more money (probably spent more, too...ha) and is only 1 win away from a lifetime tour exemption.  Jordan making it to 19 career tour wins by the time he's DJ's age is a projection.  Same as projecting that DJ is gonna pick up more majors in the near future.

Edit:

In simple terms, I think taking Jordan's first 6 years and taking DJ's next 6 years is the safest bet.  Their careers have a good chance of being pretty similar in their late 30s.

Edited by Horn21
Clarification

Friend sent me this golf joke I thought you guys may enjoy.

Four guys have been going on the same golf trip to St Andrews for many years. Two days before the group is scheduled to leave, Jack’s wife puts her foot down and tells him he isn’t going.

Jack’s buddies are very upset that he can’t go, but what can they do?

Two days later, the three get to St Andrews only to find Jack sitting at the bar with four drinks set up!

“Wow, Jack, how long have you been here, and how did you talk your wife into letting you go?” one of the buddies asked.

“I got here last night,” Jack said. “Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my living room chair and my wife came up behind me and put her hands over my eyes and asked, ‘Guess who?’"

“I pulled her hands off, and there she was wearing a sheer, white nylon lingerie. She took my hand and pulled me into our bedroom.  The room had candles and rose petals all over.  Turned out, she’d been reading 50 Shades of Grey.  On the bed she had some handcuffs and ropes. 

She told me to tie her up and cuff her to the bed, so I did.

"Then she said, ‘Do whatever you want,’ so I did."

In the opposite event today, Bowditch finished his round at -13

As you might expect it is the Stableford scoring event and the leader is at +17; Bowdog is in DFL, 7 points clear of 2nd to last. Seriously, can he make enough money to cover traveling by getting paid to play in pro-ams every week?

IJP, Rickie and JT looking to put up a number in the late groups, at the WGC

Edited by Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, Lurch said:

Going to be THAT asshole?

Shaggy gonna Shaggy

err I mean Surly gonna Surly

full disclosure - I'd love to see Tiger win, especially a major; but I'm just not seeing "it". He plays well, he has played well enough to win a couple of times, but he doesn't seem to have that closer mentality that used to make him a cold-blooded killer on the links.
Tiger has had a great year, better than I expected. But now with his performance and seemingly a lack of health issues he needs a win to have him not become the 2nd coming of Brian Davis his return to the Tour.