These chips are f'ing hot

Baboontyme

I picked these up the other day at Fresh Thyme. Started snacking on them on the way home. By the time I had 5 or 6 of them the heat started to build and I almost panicked - no water or anything in the car with me. Made it home ok. They are not ruin your night kind of hot like some reaper/ghost pepper sauces I've had but wow, never had a chip before that really burned like this. 

Checked out the back and lo and behold...Austin company. Anyone ever had them?

31694731417_585ef1ae63_z.jpg39671020893_a2053875f2_z.jpg

Man my 9 year old has some talented taste buds. He can down these things like a champ. Doesn't really like them but I keep pushing him to eat them because I can't believe it doesn't bother him. No water or anything at all and he says it barely bothers him.

I'm not one of those guys that can down a reaper and not blink but I like a fair amount of spice. I'm seriously impressed with him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I bought 4 of the Paqui One Chip Challenge chips. I don't know why. I guess I envision some kind of hilarious scenario where a couple of buddies, my son and I all try them together and laugh at each other. That will probably never happen and it will amount to me filming myself on a random Friday night in my basement trying one and puking my guts out while chugging strawberry milk. Anyone else brave enough to try? 

https://www.amazon.com/2020-Paqui-Chip-Challenge-0-21oz/dp/B0896Y8PLN/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=One+Chip+Challenge&qid=1629686688&rdc=1&sr=8-2

i eat those ghost pepper paquis quite a bit.  THey're hot, but great with queso.  The freaking hot julios are really good too.  had some of those yesterday.  At least these are both hot.  Like someone said, most of the time they advertise as hot but never really are.  Paqui and Julio's deliver.  

How do those freaking hot Julio's compare to the Paqui ghost pepper chips? Trying to decide if I need to spend $28 to order 3 bags on Amazon or not. 

The Julios are awesome if you love their MSG fueled regular chips. Delicious and hot. I think the Paqui chips have an inferior taste but are about equal heat.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2019 at 2:27 PM, Baboontyme said:

I picked these up the other day at Fresh Thyme. Started snacking on them on the way home. By the time I had 5 or 6 of them the heat started to build and I almost panicked - no water or anything in the car with me. Made it home ok. They are not ruin your night kind of hot like some reaper/ghost pepper sauces I've had but wow, never had a chip before that really burned like this. 

Checked out the back and lo and behold...Austin company. Anyone ever had them?

31694731417_585ef1ae63_z.jpg39671020893_a2053875f2_z.jpg

I just tried these. 

Definitely legit. I'm curious to try the Julio's, but I don't think I've ever seen them for sale in Chicago. 

On 8/22/2021 at 8:46 PM, Baboontyme said:

I bought 4 of the Paqui One Chip Challenge chips. I don't know why. I guess I envision some kind of hilarious scenario where a couple of buddies, my son and I all try them together and laugh at each other. That will probably never happen and it will amount to me filming myself on a random Friday night in my basement trying one and puking my guts out while chugging strawberry milk. Anyone else brave enough to try? 

https://www.amazon.com/2020-Paqui-Chip-Challenge-0-21oz/dp/B0896Y8PLN/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=One+Chip+Challenge&qid=1629686688&rdc=1&sr=8-2

drcbnftuj8441.gif

• Haha 1