2019 CFP National Championship - Clemson vs. Alabama

satyanash

Now that the SEC has been completely exposed let's see how they are ranked in ESPN's preseason Top 25: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25695788/espn-college-football-way-too-early-top-25-2019

1. Clemson

2. Alabama

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. Notre Dame

6. Oklahoma

7. Florida

8. Texas

9. Texas A&M

10. LSU

11. Michigan

12. Oregon

13. Washington State

14. UCF

15. Syracuse

16. Washington

17. Penn State

18. Utah

19. Northwestern

20. Iowa State

21. Wisconsin

22. Missouri

23. Auburn

24. Nebraska

25. Army

See? Only half of the top 10. The SEC is history folks.

But I guess to be fair only half of the conference is even in the top 25 which has to be a major wake-up call.

Edited by Valmy77

54 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Saban getting really pissy now. 

To hear them tell it: Clemson didn’t beat us. We beat ourselves. I see! 

Uh, no. The difference between the two teams was massive. Bama got their shit pushed in all over the field and on both sides of the ball. 

Now that the SEC has been completely exposed let's see how they are ranked in ESPN's preseason Top 25: http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25695788/espn-college-football-way-too-early-top-25-2019
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State
5. Notre Dame
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. Texas
9. Texas A&M
10. LSU
11. Michigan
12. Oregon
13. Washington State
14. UCF
15. Syracuse
16. Washington
17. Penn State
18. Utah
19. Northwestern
20. Iowa State
21. Wisconsin
22. Missouri
23. Auburn
24. Nebraska
25. Army
See? Only half of the top 10. The SEC is history folks.
But I guess to be fair only half of the conference is even in the top 25 which has to be a major wake-up call.
Stupid sip. Everybody knows the SEC should make up the 1st 14 teams on this incredibly important pre-season poll.

52 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Again, this is an important point. Alabama played two good spread offenses in back to back weeks. This is exactly what they don't have to do in the SEC.

Even worse, you might have to face two superior passing spread offenses with a power running spread team sandwiched in between.

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Ole Dabo pourin' the Jesus on thick tonight.

2 hours ago, Rip76 said:

You can only talk about Jesus if you bleck.

😊

In all fairness, Dabo kept saying "thank The LORD", but I don't recall him ever saying "Jesus".

The Christians, Jews, & Muslims (Allah) all "thank The LORD", so he's still nuts, but he's nuts like ~2.5 to 3 billion people around the world.

Next year he will not be "thanking The LORD" that he lost so many seniors on both sides of the line.

11 minutes ago, Modessit said:
43 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:
What about squids that fly at Mach 1+...

Air Force flying you around?

I'll give a squid some shit, especially a wing wiper, but no Air Force puke lands on a darked out postage stamp in the middle of the night, in the middle of the ocean, on a pitching deck.  Get back to me when y'all start doing that on the reg.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bamachine said:

I doubt it. Eventually you are going to have a game like this where you get outplayed on both LOS and not very much goes right.  Damned Sunshine is a freak and I always thought nothing good came out of Cartersville except I-75. He is one of those guys that could probably play in the league next year, with a little padding added for cushioning. Tua will be a good one also but he got outplayed tonight.

My son was in a San Antonio camp with Lawrence a couple years ago. I watched a bit from the sidelines for the few days there. Even then, he stood out - no helmet - with his locks and arm strength. 20-30 QBs, and he definitely stood out.  My son said he was pretty cool and unassuming for the talent he showed even then. I've watched this kid since then with some distant interest - AA or UA then Clemson. Kid is talented with lots of smarts at the QB position. Will be great to compete against him in the CG.