6 7 Kimi Räikkönen FERRARI 1:42.538 1:42.510 1:42.490 20
7 31 Esteban Ocon FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 1:43.021 1:42.967 1:42.523 20
8 11 Sergio Perez FORCE INDIA MERCEDES 1:43.992 1:43.366 1:42.547 20
9 27 Nico Hulkenberg RENAULT 1:43.746 1:43.232 1:43.066 20
10 55 Carlos Sainz RENAULT 1:43.426 1:43.464 1:43.351 20
Edited by PittsburghTiger

56 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Is qualifying on TV?

Tvracer.com listed it as being on ESPN2 but my guide didn't pick it up - it was listed as something else. 

I set a manual recording just in case, but I am not home to check it. 

Not that that helps you in any way... 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Tvracer.com listed it as being on ESPN2 but my guide didn't pick it up - it was listed as something else. 

I set a manual recording just in case, but I am not home to check it. 

Not that that helps you in any way... 

If you set the manual recording for ESPN2 at the right time (SEC Storied and the Archie Manning thing) , then you should have it. That's what I did, and I got it. For some reason they just keep having issues with listings, and not on every provider. It's just on some.

So... the high winds that were incoming yesterday during Q are still in Baku for the race start today. Crosswind on the main straight. 50mph. They’re having to stand on the red carpet to hold it down. 10 degrees C colder than yesterday. Could be interesting.

Went to bed after 1am last night & wasn't planning on watching the race live this a.m., but I woke up with a migraine at 4am, so here I am. /csb First hour of the Sky pre-race show was pretty good. Damn, in the "Women I'm surprised I'm attracted to" category, Rachel Brooks and Natalie Pinkham just do it for me for some reason.

Looking fwd to a lot of people moving up and down the grid today. Y'all enjoy!

Edited by wood

Alonso already on SV's gearbox after two punctures. Awesome job by him to get that car back to the box and aligned right on his marks. Unreal.

ETA: And before I could even finish typing that, he's past him. Gasly's next.

ETA2: And before I could even finish typing that, he's past Gasly and back to his starting position. MFer has the scent.

Edited by wood

Yeah, gutted for Bottas. ALO all the way up to P7 after  running 18th iirc due to the double puncture & resulting floor damage. Such a beast. 

So now after race 4, McLaren and Alonso both have more points than in all of 2017, & Alonso also has 1 more point than McLaren had in 2015.

Edited by wood

7 hours ago, wood said:

So... the high winds that were incoming yesterday during Q are still in Baku for the race start today. Crosswind on the main straight. 50mph. They’re having to stand on the red carpet to hold it down. 10 degrees C colder than yesterday. Could be interesting.

Went to bed after 1am last night & wasn't planning on watching the race live this a.m., but I woke up with a migraine at 4am, so here I am. /csb First hour of the Sky pre-race show was pretty good. Damn, in the "Women I'm surprised I'm attracted to" category, Rachel Brooks and Natalie Pinkham just do it for me for some reason.

Looking fwd to a lot of people moving up and down the grid today. Y'all enjoy!

6 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

So much carnage. 

Also, I dig Natalie and Rachel too.

• Like 1

Alonso just continues to be unbelievable. I love that guy.

Feel horrible for Bottas, he played his role, raced amazingly well, and would have deserved the win.

Max and Daniel.  I felt that was inevitable from about lap 15?  I mean, you just KNEW it was coming.  I've seen Christian Horner willing to talk under some tough conditions, but he was having nothing to do with those questions on his way to the debrief.  I don't blame him.  That's going to be a rough garage for a while.

And Kimi also had a very good, patient race.  It's what he does.

And I'll certainly pay Lewis his proper respect, today's what I'd call a completely "professional" drive for him.  Just a world-class pro even after making a little mistake here or there.  He earned it.

• Like 1