Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

4 hours ago, slorch said:

Schedule scares y’all to death...LOFL.

Buncha nancies...

The ginger on the sideline trumps any horror derived from the 2019-2020 slate of opponents.

Ginger??

giphy.gif 

Jerrruh using a time machine???    YAH BABY!!!!

Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Schedule scares y’all to death...LOFL.

Buncha nancies...

The ginger on the sideline trumps any horror derived from the 2019-2020 slate of opponents.

Schedule sets up perfectly to get out to a 3-0 start going into the Saints game. Turkey Day should be a win. Giants are still weak. Skins have QB questions. We get the shit ass AFC East this season. I don't see any real issues with the schedule.

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Schedule sets up perfectly to get out to a 3-0 start going into the Saints game. Turkey Day should be a win. Giants are still weak. Skins have QB questions. We get the shit ass AFC East this season. I don't see any real issues with the schedule.

Srsly, the only games that hit my radar are LA, @CHI, @NE, and @NO.  Otherwise, show me a damn loss!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Srsly, the only games that hit my radar are LA, @CHI, @NE, and @NO.  Otherwise, show me a damn loss!

We get the Rams at home. I think we can take them at home. Unless we allow them to rush for nearly 300 yards again. Bears on the road will be tough but it's very doable.

I'm pretty much writing the Pats game as a loss until we can prove we can beat those fucks. Seems it has been 2 decades since we have beat them. Add in they have Bill and we have Garrett and it's on the road.

My only gripe is we don't have back to back home games at all. Not sure how often that happens for teams. I do like the bye week being right in the middle of the season, though.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

We get the Rams at home. I think we can take them at home. Unless we allow them to rush for nearly 300 yards again. Bears on the road will be tough but it's very doable.

I'm pretty much writing the Pats game as a loss until we can prove we can beat those fucks. Seems it has been 2 decades since we have beat them. Add in they have Bill and we have Garrett and it's on the road.

My only gripe is we don't have back to back home games at all. Not sure how often that happens for teams. I do like the bye week being right in the middle of the season, though.

The ticket talked about it this morning.  I believe they said it's only happened to 3 teams.  Not exactly sure but it's pretty rare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

The schedule doesnt scare us...its just the bullshit of no b2b home games and once again we have to play 3 games in 12 days...how many years have we been stuck with that...4?

Isn't the 3 games in 12 days pretty normal for us now that Thursday Night Football is a season long thing and every team is required to play on it? Our Thursday game now is always going to be the week after Thanksgiving. You need to get used to that. And then we get an extended break before the game after that. If you don't like the 3 games in 12 days, then our Thursday game would be on another week in the season. We already play on Thanksgiving every year. So then we'd have 2 points in the season where we are playing on very short rest as opposed to just one.

Edited by Vic Mackey

Isn't the 3 games in 12 days pretty normal for us now that Thursday Night Football is a season long thing and every team is required to play on it? Our Thursday game now is always going to be the week after Thanksgiving. You need to get used to that. And then we get an extended break before the game after that. If you don't like the 3 games in 12 days, then our Thursday game would be on another week in the season. We already play on Thanksgiving every year. So then we'd have 2 points in the season where we are playing on very short rest as opposed to just one.
True...but with the extra rest twice after thursday games.
Also im not sure if its a thing that every team has to play thursday???...if so thanksgiving should count

I would prefer playing 2 thursday games in say week 4 and then thanksgiving rather than 3 games in 12 days every damn year

I mean we should go 4-2 in the division I they don't fuck it up.  And everyone but the Pats in the AFC East should be a win.  That's 7 wins right there.  NFC North is tough(even the Lions give them a little trouble every time), but they should go 2-2 there.  Beat 1 or 2 of the other 1st place teams/Pats and you got 10 wins.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's bullshit that they have made a point to stick it to the Cowboys in that way, but they have done pretty well with it just to spite that commie Goodell.  But it shouldn't be allowed in the schedule making process. One time it seemed like bullcrap, second and third time prove it was an intentional stick in the eye.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I actually like the 3 games in 12 days now that we don’t have Romo. The only game that actually fucks up any kind of routine is thanksgiving and that game is at home. That’s the beauty of this situation. Every team has to play at least one Thursday night game on a short week. It’s a huge advantage (in my opinion) playing that game at home. We always play at home on thanksgiving. After that, we have a full 7 days until the next game (so does the team were playing) and then we have a 10 day break right before, theoretically, the most important games of the season. This is the price you pay for being America’s team. It could be worse.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Maybe I’m in the minority but I actually like the 3 games in 12 days now that we don’t have Romo. The only game that actually fucks up any kind of routine is thanksgiving and that game is at home. That’s the beauty of this situation. Every team has to play at least one Thursday night game on a short week. It’s a huge advantage (in my opinion) playing that game at home. We always play at home on thanksgiving. After that, we have a full 7 days until the next game (so does the team were playing) and then we have a 10 day break right before, theoretically, the most important games of the season. This is the price you pay for being America’s team. It could be worse.
Not sure how not having a good/great qb factors in...but 3 games in 12 days is bad no matter how you slice it, plus it looks horribad for a league preaching player safety the last few years.
TNF needs to die...did saints play 3 games also last year since they were on thanksgiving and thursday after with cowboys?

Yeah saints did also...and cowboys also were on road before thanksgiving last year also

It is what it is but i dont see any advantage in it and nfl should work the schedule to avoid with byes or not playing back to back thursday games after thanksgiving...could have any of the other non 6 turkey day teams play that thursday

Yes i know the schedule is complicated as fuck but the league should avoid the 3 games in 11/12 days if they wanna talk player safety

14 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

In the Brady era they're 141-26 at home and are 34-6 in games played at or below freezing. In November good chance it's below 32 when cowboys go there. You think Garrett is going to win that one? 

You are such a whiny bitch.  

12 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Not sure how not having a good/great qb factors in...but 3 games in 12 days is bad no matter how you slice it, plus it looks horribad for a league preaching player safety the last few years.
TNF needs to die...did saints play 3 games also last year since they were on thanksgiving and thursday after with cowboys?

I was referring to the fact that now we don’t have Romo who has his weekly schedule of taking veterans days off and all that bs. I’m sure short weeks later in his career would throw off his routine a lot more than Dak’s routine. I don’t know if you guys remember thanksgiving vs the eagles in 2014, but Romo played his worst game of the season that day. That was something everyone in the organization was pointing to as a reason  for his struggles that day.

I just like having that 10 day break right before our last 3 games of the season. 

I'm just thinking they not fuck things up and go into the BYE week sitting at 5-2. Very plausible with that schedule to open.  Hell I'd think 6-1 isn't completely out of the questions(of course the Cowboys will drop one they shouldn't, like the Dolphins game or some shit).

If they're 5-2 all they gotta figure out is going 5-4 over the last 9 games to make the playoffs, maybe even win the division if the Eagles don't go on some kind of tear.  Even with the tougher 2nd half, that should be able to accomplish that.

Cowboys could be better this year and not have a better record, and that's okay. They just need to break the cycle of "good year, bad year(9-7 is considered a bad year right?)" that they've had since 2014.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Cowboys could be better this year and not have a better record, and that's okay. They just need to break the cycle of "good year, bad year(9-7 is considered a bad year right?)" that they've had since 2014.

If they finish 10-6 or 9-7 and bounce out of the playoffs early (or don't make them) the Ginger is out on his ass.  I like this schedule, it's got potential to be really tough.  If we defeat it then hey we may really have something if we go to shit in the face of this schedule we like to finally get the change we want to be.

Win-win

On 4/17/2019 at 2:03 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

The schedule is getting leaked....

Playing the Giants @ home again to open is bullshit.  Why do we need to go there in December?  This is 5 straight years they'll be the home opener.  Total crap.

I agree. I'm tired of opening seasons with the Giants, especially now that they suck.

What is the obsession with this in the scheduling office?

Yankees-Red Sox??? Or are we just talking football?
Pretty sure he's talking of the Jets and Giants. But after Yankees-Sox rivaley, I'd say the next biggest rivalry in NY is Giants vs Cowboys. Knicks have been irrelevant for 2 decades.

I don't follow hockey as closely so maybe the Rangers or Islanders have a bigger one right now?

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

Dallas-Giants is the absolute biggest rival any of the NY teams have. I’m sure the league loves having that one to start with. Why the first game is always in Dallas is a bit of a mystery.

I remember about 8 or so years ago Dallas opened @ NY Giants mid week.  Like maybe a Wednesday night?