Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

I'm OK with OL, too, but I would have felt better with a tackle for long term insurance for Smith, and a potential replacement for Collins next year if they decide to let him walk.

Connor may be a threat to Connor.

Edited by DougO

7 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Offensive Line

Connor McGovern at guard Penn State..... have not seen any Mock Drafts mention this guy to Dallas??

Ok that Cowboys continue to try and add more strength to the trenches.... guess this guy was best player left in their board... Center and guard prospect that hopefully adds depth.  Competition for Connor Williams.

Connor Williams you have just been put on notice. Everyone knows what NFL stands for.....

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

I'm OK with OL, too, but I would have felt better with a tackle for long term insurance for Smith, and a potential replacement for Collins next year if they decide to let him walk.

Connor may be a threat to Connor.

Tackle prospects left are not 3rd round worthy.

1 minute ago, DougO said:

Thinking about this more, Joe Looney is in his last contract year, and will probably get paid by somebody next offseason based on how he played last year. Connor gives them a guard/center to fall back on past this season.

Looney could also be good trade bait.  teams want him. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Fredbeard insurance and sliding Connor to tackle.

Seems like it.  Gotta replace Lael next year [probably with Connor] and Looney.  Plus we really won't know about Fredrick until training camp (fingers crossed).

I like drafting OL and DL nearly every year.  

Never seen this kid play a down. But I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt with the exception of Chaz when it comes to OL.

Edited by Post Oak

20 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Solid take. Did you expect Dallas to fill four roster spots with two picks? Was that your expectation? 

Has Dallas ever did anything wrong in their history in your eyes? You are some lame fucking clown who loves to come in here and berate anyone who has a beef with anything they do. You are the worst kind of fan. The fan who hates people who are negative but in turn is a 180 and much worse. This franchise has been mediocre junk for 2 plus decades. They make a good move here and there and then make several shit moves that take them nowhere. They draft and build their team in circles. Zero progression. Ever. Had a great 13-3 season? great! Now here's a 9-7 season. 12-4 season? Great! Here's a 4-12 season. 11-5 season? Awesome. Here's a 6-10 season and Garrett is your coach for the next decade. But keep waving those pom poms. Makes you feel better about yourself.

I point out constantly things I like about this team. But like clockwork, you come in here and say corny shit as you always do, mainly towards me. You are nothing but a dorky clone of Micky Spagnoila and Bryan Broaddus, where Dallas has never made one wrong decision in their franchise history and its blasphemy anyone could ever criticize this front office.

I don't have much issue with the Hill pick. All things being equal, I tend to favor defensive line talent over 2ndary talent. The 2 most recent Giant Super Bowl winning teams are my template for this philosophy. Their Dlines were dominant while their 2ndaries were average at best. With that being said, we've been exceptionally bad at garnering TOs over the past several years. When you take into account how adept we've been at getting to the QB over the past 2 or 3 years, our inability to have those sacks and pressures yield TOs is even more alarming. Something has to be done to get play makers in our 2ndary. That's the difference between being an admittedly good defense like we were last year and being a dominant, game changing defense like what our offensive style of play will need to get us over the hurdle to being an elite, Super Bowl contending team. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

No I expected with the off season and the draft they'd entice me into a state of zero enthusiasm, and they did. 
Jason Witten is back.
Fuck 8-8 and fuck Jerry. 

When exactly have they been 8-8? Ever since they drafted Zach Martin and change their offensive style they’ve never been 8-8. As long as they’ve had a decent starting QB they’ve had a winning season every. Fucking. Year.

I absolutely see why some may not be jumping up and down about these picks, but they’re solid and safe picks, at positions of need(and can never go wrong with the trenches), and continue the MO of taking players that should have some impact.

What frustrates me about this fan base is the same people crying they don’t draft a DT high(like Vic in previous drafts) are the same ones that are crying now.

Dude is an athletic monster and something they were missing last year without Irving. It was also a need. Probably even more so than Safety.

I know Heath is a whipping boy. But they can get by with him and Iloka splitting snaps and look to upgrade later. You can’t have all stars at every position on your team. just not realistic.

With the OL it’s obvious they’re not going to be in the same position they were in during 2017 without quality depth on the OL. With Collins most likely leaving next off season, Looney too probably, and Smith healthy concerns, you can’t go wrong with taking a versatile OL. Allows them to move players around in the future, and also provide depth to step in if needed.

They’ve once again had a solid, if not exciting draft, and to be honest, I have no idea why they haven’t earned any leeway with their drafts?

Sure you can complain about Taco. But then you’re ignoring the 8 other picks that have panned out since then.

Also, it is not shocking at all that Vic hated their picks. Wish I could have bet something on that before the draft. We could have gotten Ed Oliver and he would have said it sucked.

Has Dallas ever did anything wrong in their history in your eyes? You are some lame fucking clown who loves to come in here and berate anyone who has a beef with anything they do. You are the worst kind of fan. The fan who hates people who are negative but in turn is a 180 and much worse. This franchise has been mediocre junk for 2 plus decades. They make a good move here and there and then make several shit moves that take them nowhere. They draft and build their team in circles. Zero progression. Ever. Had a great 13-3 season? great! Now here's a 9-7 season. 12-4 season? Great! Here's a 4-12 season. 11-5 season? Awesome. Here's a 6-10 season and Garrett is your coach for the next decade. But keep waving those pom poms. Makes you feel better about yourself.
I point out constantly things I like about this team. But like clockwork, you come in here and say corny shit as you always do, mainly towards me. You are nothing but a dorky clone of Micky Spagnoila and Bryan Broaddus, where Dallas has never made one wrong decision in their franchise history and its blasphemy anyone could ever criticize this front office.

You know what they’ve done right? Absolutely kill the draft at a higher rate than just about anyone. You can have your Taco. I’ll have my Fredrick(who was “picked too high”)and Tank(who was drafted early and we gave up too much to get) and Awuzie, and Jones, and Collins, and Brown, and Gallup, oh and some guy named Dak.

I didn’t even mention first rounders because they should hit on those(and yet many team whiff on those heats after year too)

If anything they have earned some respect there and should be given leeway. If they draft a player it’s for a reason. Their track record has earned them that much at least.

I know you hate positive fans, and claim all of us just can’t see anything wrong. But when there’s nothing wrong to be seen(like TONIGHT) here you are to pretend they’ve been stupid.

Also they’re 32-16 the last 3 years. Win the division 3 of 5 years. Yes they had a 4-12 season mixed in there...but so do a lot of team when their starting QB misses 12+ games. And even YOU blame Goodell for the shit show in 2017 with the “will he/won’t he” be suspended with Zeke shit.