Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

2 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

At Texas, Connor was one of those guys who was just mean. A guy like we had not had since Studdard and the Big Nasties. Dude would drive pass rushers into the ground 10 yards behind the quarterback, just to show them who the fuck they were dealing with. His footwork was damn good too. 

He’s still that dude, but his slight frame and inexperience really showed last year. He’s probably still a year away, but he’ll be a solid NFL lineman for a decade after that (no jinx). If he’s gained 10lbs, great. He could probably do with another 10. 

-And please, God, let Frederick come back at 100%

I saw absolutely nothing from Connor last year that made me think he'll be a solid NFL lineman for a decade. Hope I'm wrong. But he sucked last year, and I'm not sure that 10 extra lbs is gonna make much of a difference. 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

I saw absolutely nothing from Connor last year that made me think he'll be a solid NFL lineman for a decade. Hope I'm wrong. But he sucked last year, and I'm not sure that 10 extra lbs is gonna make much of a difference. 

maybe not 10... but what about 20 lbs?

15 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

Why even bother reporting on stupid stuff like this? As if that $2.5M/yr difference is what is causing their impasse. The issue of consequence is obviously the difference in guaranteed money. Why not report on that, other than to do the organization's bidding of course. 

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Why even bother reporting on stupid stuff like this? As if that $2.5M/yr difference is what is causing their impasse. The issue of consequence is obviously the difference in guaranteed money. Why not report on that, other than to do the organization's bidding of course. 

you answered your own question.  

Now go get DLaw done and have 2 legit pass rushers. I don't like the mindset of this being DLaws replacement. That doesn't make your team better. That's staying complacent. Gregory seems he will never stay on the field so Quinn would take over for him.
I would bet DLaw is traded.

3 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
Now go get DLaw done and have 2 legit pass rushers. I don't like the mindset of this being DLaws replacement. That doesn't make your team better. That's staying complacent. Gregory seems he will never stay on the field so Quinn would take over for him.

I would bet DLaw is traded.

I think they are too close to a deal with DLaw..it is not like they are 10 mil apart if sources are correct. Plus They saw how solid the D was when they got more than just a pass rush from DLaw last season. Jones probably sees Quinn as The Tolbert to Law's Haley

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

that would be great if it's a late round pick, but i imagine it would put quite a dent in our cap room.  what does this mean for DLaw?

DLaw already counts against the cap per se.  Since we tagged him, they've already included that $$ into the cap space for the upcoming season even without his signing it as of yet 

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

DLaw already counts against the cap per se.  Since we tagged him, they've already included that $$ into the cap space for the upcoming season even without his signing it as of yet 

is the cap fee set in stone?  I mean, did leveon bell’s contract count against the steelers’ cap last season?