Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Good job on Beasley getting paid. I don’t think there was any way he was gonna resign here.

I also think 2/30 is worth it for ET, he’s plug and play and fixes a defensive hole. The only problem is his overlap with woods. I like woods and think he should still be in the mix. Will an ET / woods safety duo work?

can woods play strong and get heath off the field?

On 3/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

I disagree.  This is the point in free agency where desperate teams get into bidding wars and overpay for aging players.  Im happy we dont partake.

Collins got a fair deal that Dallas could have offered a FA that is a great S.

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Good luck relying on Josh Allen to get you the ball more. This might make for a decent quick cash grab but his productivity is about to plummet.

To be fair, Beasley steps in and he’s immediately their most accomplished wr. That really says a lot, when you consider Allen really wasn’t that bad last year. They need to get him a #1. All we know about Allen right now is that he’s elite at running the ball for a qb.

How much should Cowboys be willing to pay Earl Thomas?

2016 Season -- Hamstring injury, and broken tibia.  Earl tweeted shortly after the tibia injury that he was considering retirement.

2017 Season -- In Week 8,  hamstring injury 

2018 Season -- Week 4, broken bone in his left leg

Prior to 2016 injuries, Earl had a streak of playing in 107 consecutive regular season games

Edited by LTtxfan

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

According to some on here, he should top paid Safety in the league...

If Kris Richard stays on with the Cowboys, maybe a 2yr deal for Earl can be made that's a little heavier on incentive based compensation and offers Earl the chance to receive Top 5 Safety pay if he stays healthy and plays well.....

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

How much should Cowboys be willing to pay Earl Thomas?

2016 Season -- Hamstring injury, and broken tibia.  Earl tweeted shortly after the tibia injury that he was considering retirement.

2017 Season -- In Week 8,  hamstring injury 

2018 Season -- Week 4, broken bone in his left leg

Prior to 2016 injuries, Earl had a streak of playing in 107 consecutive regular season games

Probably not going to be popular but id pass on Earl.  Greatness and all.  Injuries and age worry me too much.  

I'm fine with XWoods playing deep. I'd rather add a cheaper SS.

• Like 1

If ET had not gone to Texas y’all would be saying it’s crazy to sign a 30 year old safety who has missed multiple games each of the last three seasons due to injury, coming off a broken leg, for the most money that’s ever been paid to a safety by $2million per year.

I think with ET the length of the contract is key. For example I would rather max dollars per year and limit term and overall spend.

Go all in on next year. Give him 2 for 30. If it doesn’t work out he’s gone quickly and it really won’t matter because not like they are piecing this shit back together after those two years.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

If ET had not gone to Texas y’all would be saying it’s crazy to sign a 30 year old safety who has missed multiple games each of the last three seasons due to injury, coming off a broken leg, for the most money that’s ever been paid to a safety by $2million per year.

He's right you know. 

On the other hand I would love to not have to watch Jeff Heath ever again. 

51 minutes ago, TornACL said:

He's right you know. 

On the other hand I would love to not have to watch Jeff Heath ever again. 

I think that plays into it as much as anything. Heath isn’t nearly as bad as people on here say he is, but if we can find an obvious upgrade to get him back to being our main special teams guy, it’ll take our defense to the next level. A draft pick doesn’t guarantee that. Eric Weddle doesn’t guarantee that. ET does. We have a championship window that we have to take advantage of. 

2 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

giphy.gif

LOL!!! He really has no idea.  I think reality is about to slap Cole silly.  I'm glad he got his money....but, have fun in Siberia.

51 wins the last 7 years vs 61 losses, Dallas is 64-48 over that span (reg season only).  You think being a Cowboys fan is bleak?  Bills have one playoff appearance in the last 19 years (going to be 20).  Holy shit.  They long for the Doug Flutie years.  

25 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL!!! He really has no idea.  I think reality is about to slap Cole silly.  I'm glad he got his money....but, have fun in Siberia.

51 wins the last 7 years vs 61 losses, Dallas is 64-48 over that span (reg season only).  You think being a Cowboys fan is bleak?  Bills have one playoff appearance in the last 19 years (going to be 20).  Holy shit.  They long for the Doug Flutie years.  

I don't think he gives a shit. He just wants to make as much money as he can. 

And he's got a point. While Dallas might have won more regular season games, and been in contention more, we didn't win anything of substance while he was here. Shit, we have three fucking playoff wins over the last 21 years. So I guess we win for being less shitty?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I don't think he gives a shit. He just wants to make as much money as he can. 

And he's got a point. While Dallas might have won more regular season games, and been in contention more, we didn't win anything of substance while he was here. Shit, we have three fucking playoff wins over the last 21 years. So I guess we win for being less shitty?

And I have absolutely no issue with him making his money.  Good for him.  But there's a reason no wants to stay in Buffalo and AB threatened to retire before being traded there.  But I applaud him for admitting what almost all players lie about -- it's not about winning.  I wonder if the Patriots contacted him at all.  I know they were talking to Amendola, but he went to the Lions and they were rumored to be interested in Humphries, but he signed in Tennessee.

If the rumor was true and he wanted 2 for 30 from the Cowboys should have done it. That time table worked out perfectly. 4 years was too long. The Cowboys window is the next two seasons, after that once Dak and Zeke are both making top level of position money it'll be all over for a while and we'll probably be back to having a dirt cheap (outside of Lawrence) and shitty defense. 

Just now, Junior Miller said:

If the rumor was true and he wanted 2 for 30 from the Cowboys should have done it. That time table worked out perfectly. 4 years was too long. The Cowboys window is the next two seasons, after that once Dak and Zeke are both making top level of position money it'll be all over for a while and we'll probably be back to having a dirt cheap (outside of Lawrence) and shitty defense. 

It wasn't.  I don't even think that was a rumor beyond here.  He wanted something more long-term and he got it from a team who had just got gutted up the middle.

42 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

If Dak gets top QB money, it should not be from the Cowboys.