Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Did you see what Nick Foles just got from the Jags? Dak is getting $20M+/year.

the smart move would be to let another team pay it.

I am not disputing what he might get on the market.

26 minutes ago, TornACL said:

We're still doing the Mike White bit huh? Bring back Ice Cream Float. 

there’s no “we” about it, it’s just me.  I’m the only one with the vision to see his talent and the gumption to come here and let you all know about it. 

19 minutes ago, futureman said:

there’s no “we” about it, it’s just me.  I’m the only one with the vision to see his talent and the gumption to come here and let you all know about it. 

Well I don't know if it's you or someone else, but ICF was clearly someone's sock, and I demand its return. 

1 hour ago, Get ln My Van said:

This front office thinks they are the Patriots. Expect them to only build the team through the draft.

And that's the right move. High-profile, high-dollar free agency signings backfire WAAAAAY more than they payoff. I love ET. But paying that for him, at his age, with his injury history is fucking insane. 

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Did you see what Nick Foles just got from the Jags? Dak is getting $20M+/year.

Pretty much every starting QB is going to sign for $20m+ per year. That's base salary for starting QBs. If we can sign Dak to a $23m deal, that's fine. We can't give Dak a Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins $28m+ deal because he's not worth it. For him to be successful, he needs a good line, good RB and a #1 receiver. You can't get all those when you're paying your QB $28m+ per year.

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

And that's the right move. High-profile, high-dollar free agency signings backfire WAAAAAY more than they payoff. I love ET. But paying that for him, at his age, with his injury history is fucking insane. 

Pretty much every starting QB is going to sign for $20m+ per year. That's base salary for starting QBs. If we can sign Dak to a $23m deal, that's fine. We can't give Dak a Jimmy G or Kirk Cousins $28m+ deal because he's not worth it. For him to be successful, he needs a good line, good RB and a #1 receiver. You can't get all those when you're paying your QB $28m+ per year.

The problem with that is him and his agent are going to argue that he’s outplayed jimmy g and cousins. And he kind of has. Stats aside, Kirk cousins hasn’t won a big game in his life. Jimmy g has played in how many games? This situation is going to get...interesting. 

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

The problem with that is him and his agent are going to argue that he’s outplayed jimmy g and cousins. And he kind of has. Stats aside, Kirk cousins hasn’t won a big game in his life. Jimmy g has played in how many games? This situation is going to get...interesting. 

Dak was hammered dog shit before we traded for Cooper. Looked absolutely fucking lost out there. 

And just because those two dudes fleeced their owners doesn't obligate everyone else to sign their game 

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Can't wait for the inevitable bitching.  That's a lot of money guaranteed to a guy his age, even for a player of his caliber that would have made a difference.  All they gotta do is find someone better than Heath.

Lmao. Yet Heath has been here starting for how long? That is a real loser's mentality. "Get someone better than Heath". How about go out there and get a real playmaker? Another year of having one of the if not the worst safety play in the league.

But hey it's ok, we got Heath. And if you disagree with this move, you are just bitching. Fuck this passive approach to safety and interior DL we have here.

3 hours ago, Get ln My Van said:

This front office thinks they are the Patriots. Expect them to only build the team through the draft.

Pretty much. Pats can get away with it because they have arguably the best coach and QB in history. And their QB takes a paycut because he can in his situation. They are able to plug pieces into their system and keep on rolling. They can play any style and win. be it the air raid with Randy Moss or the death by a thousand paper cuts they have now.

But the Pats also make moves in free agency when they need to. We refuse to do so. But we have no problem drafting guys with issues who end up becoming wastes.

16 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Kind of? Jimmy G has not accomplished jack shit in this league besides winning a few games with the Pats when Brady was suspended and then a few with the Niners. He has not even played a full season yet. Or even close. And Dak clowned Cousins every time he played. Swept Cousins in their 4 meetings. His only successful season was in 2015 when the NFC East was at its worst so the Skins won by default then got embarrassed by GB at home in the playoffs. Dak is better than both. Its not even close with Jimmy G. Some can argue about Cousins but I would not want him anywhere around my team. Dak at least knows how to win. Cousins does not. At all.

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Dak was hammered dog shit before we traded for Cooper. Looked absolutely fucking lost out there. 

And just because those two dudes fleeced their owners doesn't obligate everyone else to sign their game 

Who was he throwing to though? He had nobody. Later in the year he gained chemistry with a true number one wr for the first time in his career (including Dez late in his career) and the TEs started developing. I put that on the front office, not Dak.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Kind of? Jimmy G has not accomplished jack shit in this league besides winning a few games with the Pats when Brady was suspended and then a few with the Niners. He has not even played a full season yet. Or even close. And Dak clowned Cousins every time he played. Swept Cousins in their 4 meetings. His only successful season was in 2015 when the NFC East was at its worst so the Skins won by default then got embarrassed by GB at home in the playoffs. Dak is better than both. Its not even close with Jimmy G. Some can argue about Cousins but I would not want him anywhere around my team. Dak at least knows how to win. Cousins does not. At all.

Some people would argue if you put those guys on this team blah blah blah. I don’t buy it though. Kirk cousins is going to find a way to lose you a big game. Dak is the opposite, even with all his limitations.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

LOL!!! He really has no idea.  I think reality is about to slap Cole silly.  I'm glad he got his money....but, have fun in Siberia.
51 wins the last 7 years vs 61 losses, Dallas is 64-48 over that span (reg season only).  You think being a Cowboys fan is bleak?  Bills have one playoff appearance in the last 19 years (going to be 20).  Holy shit.  They long for the Doug Flutie years.  

51-61 vs 64-48. Yea he made a huge mistake. Should have taken less money for sure on that one. Bad agent, bad call.

Wasn't sure whether to post here or in High

After walking away from football out of a protest against the NFL's anti-marijuana stance, former Dallas Cowboys defensive end David Irvingappears to be ready to get into the weed business. 

Irving recently revealed to TMZ Sports that he is working on getting started and will be launching his own marijuana strain.

"It's been going crazy. It's been off the hook. ... I've had a lot of good emails. A lot of good text messages and a lot of good conversations," he said about the first days of building the business. "There's a lot of options, and a lot of ways I can go."

When asked what he'd name the strain, Irving said he'd include his jersey number, "It's gonna be that 9-5-OG."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825546-ex-cowboys-de-david-irving-says-he-plans-to-launch-his-own-marijuana-strain

Edited by SurlyBDR