Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

I wouldn't expect Berry to sign at the first place he visited after spending his whole career in KC.

I wouldn't want Jerry to offer so much money that Berry would feel like a fool if he didn't take it. 

We don't know what his market is now.  I'm fine slow playing this one a little bit.  

1 year for $5mil on a prove it deal for Cobb. For that cheap, fuck it. I’m down. I feel like part of the reason Cobb got hurt so much was he was returning punts. I don’t know if he ever actually got injured doing that (so I’m talking out of my ass) but he obviously won’t be doing that here.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

1 year for $5mil on a prove it deal for Cobb. For that cheap, fuck it. I’m down. I feel like part of the reason Cobb got hurt so much was he was returning punts. I don’t know if he ever actually got injured doing that (so I’m talking out of my ass) but he obviously won’t be doing that here.

Has 15 punt returns in last 4 years.  Mostly in emergencies.

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:
Meh...... Berry with an injury history like a Sean Lee, is looking for too much money.

Cobb is coming off an injury and we sign him. And safety is a much bigger need than WR

Because Cobb is a 1 year 5 mil deal...If Berry would take that Dallas would sign him quick. Dallas is going the right way..do not blow cap on FAs.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, txbroadcaster said:

Because Cobb is a 1 year 5 mil deal...If Berry would take that Dallas would sign him quick. Dallas is going the right way..do not blow cap on FAs.

You must be new here.  The next positive thing Vic says about a Cowboys decision will be his first.  Hell, they could sign Tom Brady for league minimum with Belichick thrown in for free and he’d bitch because they’re both getting old.

@Vic Mackey show us on the doll where the Cowboys touched you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Cobb is a significant improvement over Beasley. Anyone who doesn’t see that is blind. 

Sean Lee is among the very best LBs in the league when he's on the field...

Dallas Cowboys Post-draft grade: B- The Cowboys addressed three of their top four clear needs early last year, taking linebacker Leighton Vander Esch in Round 1, offensive lineman Connor Williams in Round 2 and receiver Michael Gallup in Round 3. There were varying degrees of success here. Vander Esch (138 tackles and two interceptions) is a budding star, while Williams struggled at guard and Gallup (33 catches on 68 targets) was extremely inconsistent as Dak Prescott's deep threat. There is reason to think all three will take a step up in Year 2, however, and Gallup is already entrenched as the No. 2 wideout. So despite Dallas not getting much of anything out of its Day 3 picks, this has a chance to be a really good class. New grade: B-

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/26291812/re-grading-2018-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-best-worst-rookie-classes

I mean at least Kiper didn't lower it.  I'd give that draft a B+.  Williams improved as the season went along, particularly after he was injured, as you'd expect...and Gallup was good early and really late, just that whole middle part where he and Dak weren't connecting, was the only issue.  LVE by himself made that draft really good.

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Cobb is a significant improvement over Beasley. Anyone who doesn’t see that is blind. 

Is he going to stay on the field to actually play? Kind of need that to happen. There's a reason Cole got the contract he did and Cobb got this deal. No one wanted him. 

25 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Is he going to stay on the field to actually play? Kind of need that to happen. There's a reason Cole got the contract he did and Cobb got this deal. No one wanted him. 

I love how you say that so matter of factly.  You're telling me no other team would take a stab at Cobb for the same 1 year 5 mil price tag, or maybe even less?

Or are you just doing your typical "Cowboys got him, so he must suck and no one wanted him anyways" schtick...probably the latter.

18 minutes ago, Drew said:

I love how you say that so matter of factly.  You're telling me no other team would take a stab at Cobb for the same 1 year 5 mil price tag, or maybe even less?

Or are you just doing your typical "Cowboys got him, so he must suck and no one wanted him anyways" schtick...probably the latter.

Vic is a kept man now. It makes him a little more bitter.  

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Unfortunately, in today's NFL you can't just go and pay everybody on the team what you want. The current system makes you go dumpster-diving to fill some spots. This is high-risk/high-reward type deal that will cost about 1/4 what Cole has coming to him.

Unfortunately, in today's NFL you can't just go and pay everybody on the team what you want. The current system makes you go dumpster-diving to fill some spots. This is high-risk/high-reward type deal that will cost about 1/4 what Cole has coming to him.
Oh I'm not advocating paying Beasley. Especially with other deals coming soon we need to make. My point was teams were hesitant on Cobb for a reason.

Cobb was fucking good before he started having injury problems.  He was Green Bay's best receiver at one point.  His ceiling was much higher than Beasley's.  If he ever gets close to that level again is up for debate.

Edited by kevwun

Cobb won't get injured here because Garrett doesn't have Dak throw past 7 yds to the slot guy. He will barely break a sweat some games. 

In free agency all Jerry can do is fuck everything up with horrible contracts. I'd much rather just have him dumpster dive and let McClay continue to build in draft. 

42 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
48 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Oh I'm not advocating paying Beasley. Especially with other deals coming soon we need to make. My point was teams were hesitant on Cobb for a reason.

The smart move would've been to keep Switzer rather than trading him for a player who didn't even make the roster.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Cobb won't get injured here because Garrett doesn't have Dak throw past 7 yds to the slot guy. He will barely break a sweat some games. 

In free agency all Jerry can do is fuck everything up with horrible contracts. I'd much rather just have him dumpster dive and let McClay continue to build in draft. 

Yeah but Cobb doesn’t just catch the ball and fall to the ground like Beasley. He’s really good after the catch, which is honestly probably why he gets injured so much.

3 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The smart move would've been to keep Switzer rather than trading him for a player who didn't even make the roster.

I think just about everyone knew that was a head scratcher right away. He’s a borderline elite punt returner, and right now, he’s probably better than Beasley and maybe even Cobb. And you had him on a rookie deal. They tried to put a square peg into a round hole with him. They basically drafted him because a rb (or web back lol) that they wanted got picked right in front of us

4 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Well too bad we got rid of Beasley who helped us win that game that’s going to change the Giants franchise.   Fucking titty baby 

Edited by Trey3216

36 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think just about everyone knew that was a head scratcher right away. He’s a borderline elite punt returner, and right now, he’s probably better than Beasley and maybe even Cobb. And you had him on a rookie deal. They tried to put a square peg into a round hole with him. They basically drafted him because a rb (or web back lol) that they wanted got picked right in front of us

Hopefully the changes with offensive staff will result in less of the tunnel vision we’ve had over the last 5 years with respect to our personnel. In the past it seems as though if a player didn’t perfectly fit the role explicitly  provided for them to start the season they were deemed useless from that point forward. You only have 45 players to utilize on game day. Might as well figure out a way to take advantage of whatever they bring to the table.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

12 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Well too bad we got rid of Beasley who helped us win that game that’s going to change the Giants franchise.   Fucking titty baby 

Irrelevant to the conversation which lends one to believe you have an obsession that needs to be worked out. I am sure there are many qualified therapists in your area. Seek one out. 

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Hopefully the changes with offensive staff will result in less of the tunnel vision we’ve had over the last 5 years with respect to our personnel. In the past it seems as though if a player didn’t perfectly fit the role explicitly  provided for them to start the season they were deemed useless from that point forward. 

Garrett is still the head coach and it's still his offense. He is very hands on with the offensive gameplan during the week leading up to the game. They are just calling plays from his scheme and playbook. Unless they completely go in a different direction with Moore but I doubt it. 

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Irrelevant to the conversation which lends one to believe you have an obsession that needs to be worked out. I am sure there are many qualified therapists in your area. Seek one out. 

I don’t need one at all.  You certainly needed one for the last 2.5 months after that win.   

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Garrett is still the head coach and it's still his offense. He is very hands on with the offensive gameplan during the week leading up to the game. They are just calling plays from his scheme and playbook. Unless they completely go in a different direction with Moore but I doubt it. 

It’s the off-season. Let me dream about all the new routes Sanjay and Kellen are scheming up before I have to wake up in September. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

you’re worse than cancer.  how about you go fuck yourself you unbelievable piece of shit. 

5 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

To be fair, he got cut from Oakland, too. But he did some nice things for the Stealers when they picked him up.

It's just weird to bail on a guy in his second year that the team supposedly though highly off, and then find yourself in need at that position. Doesn't seem like a good move.

22 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

To be fair,  Oakland is a total clusterfuck owned by a man who gave a total hasbeen a $100mm to totally disband a franchise that was actually beginning to show some promise following over a decade of abject failure. 

Dude they signed Chaz Green, how dare you call them a clusterfuck!

57 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

To be fair,  Oakland is a total clusterfuck owned by a man who gave a total hasbeen a $100mm to totally disband a franchise that was actually beginning to show some promise following over a decade of abject failure. 

Haha yeah Oakland doing something stupid doesn’t exactly help the argument. That’s just what they do. But I see your point, and that’s fair. I didn’t realize Oakland just flat out cut him.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

On a different note, for as much as we were talking about ET, finding a way to get Robert Quinn here would make me happier than bringing in Thomas. That’s what we should be rooting for. If we have Quinn and (hopefully) D-Law, having Heath doesn’t matter.

False. Heath is god awful and having him on the back end of your defense is a liability to say the least.