Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

6 months would be November..... 

This is exactly what I was afraid of. All parties involved. Upper management, D-Law/D-Law’s agent. How the fuck do you get to this point where now you’re probably going to miss training camp, and a couple of regular season games because you want to use the surgery as leverage?! Am I wrong in thinking that both sides were trying to use this situation as leverage. So unbelievably stupid.

36 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This is exactly what I was afraid of. All parties involved. Upper management, D-Law/D-Law’s agent. How the fuck do you get to this point where now you’re probably going to miss training camp, and a couple of regular season games because you want to use the surgery as leverage?! Am I wrong in thinking that both sides were trying to use this situation as leverage. So unbelievably stupid.

He probably wasn't going to play the first two pre-season games to begin with.  He'll be back by the 3rd, where he'll play 15 snaps at the most.  He'll be fine. 

14 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

As to mark...lineman lose weight all the time after playing days to live a more comfortable life...and hes been done for almost 20 years...never was a giant olinemen 

I met Charlie Tanner once.  That dude didn't have the frame to scale down like that.  Just an enormous human being.  #csb

$29M for 4yrs way too much money for a 30yr old Cole Beasley.... would hope the Cowboys administration was fine to see CB leave.  Belichick does this all the time!! 

It's one of the major reasons patriots have been successful for so long.... don't waste money on most skill position players age 29 and older...... NFL - Not For Long

48 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

$29M for 4yrs way too much money for a 30yr old Cole Beasley.... would hope the Cowboys administration was fine to see CB leave.  Belichick does this all the time!! 

It's one of the major reasons patriots have been successful for so long.... don't waste money on most skill position players age 29 and older...... NFL - Not For Long

To be fair, no one can replicate the Patriots model. Not one team. Why? They don't have the best coach and QB to be in  this game. They can afford to let go of players that other teams can't. It's not fair to point to the Patriots and what they really do when it comes to your teams. If we had Brady and Bill, we could do the same.

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

AI is still a ways off, but this shit is getting scary. 

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

To be fair, no one can replicate the Patriots model. Not one team. Why? They don't have the best coach and QB to be in  this game. They can afford to let go of players that other teams can't. It's not fair to point to the Patriots and what they really do when it comes to your teams. If we had Brady and Bill, we could do the same.

May not be able to replicate patriots, but not spending money foolishly on a 30yr Cole Beasley is a Belichick move all the way.  Glad the Cowboys let CB walk.....

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

We will never have anyone remotely resembling Bill Belichick as long a there is still a Jones family member breathing.  Our only hope is that somehow the line dies in the next 100 years and someone else buys the team.

1 minute ago, Hate said:

We will never have anyone remotely resembling Bill Belichick as long a there is still a Jones family member breathing.  Our only hope is that somehow the line dies in the next 100 years and someone else buys the team.

I don't think any one would disagree with this. If you watched the All Or Nothing last year, you can see the Jones family treat this franchise like a small town family grocery store. Stephen will be just as bad as Jerry. In fact, he might be worse because he takes zero risks. At all. At least Jerry would take risks in his days.

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Definitely. He's the scorned ex who is seeking attention and putting it out there how great their new partner is. When deep down, he wishes he was still with his ex.

Antonio Brown is doing the same.

Except he was kind of a twat before he was "scorned." His wife too.

Former Cowboy player Forrest Gregg passed away...... RIP🙏🙏🙏

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26505006/hall-fame-lineman-forrest-gregg-dies-85

Forrest Gregg, who earned the nickname "Iron Man" for playing in a then-record 188 consecutive NFL games during his Hall of Fame career, died Friday in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He was 85.

Legendary coach Vince Lombardi once called Gregg "the best player I ever coached."

Edited by LTtxfan

36 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

So the 2001 eagles are on this list but the patriots and the rams (the two teams that played in the super bowl that year) didn’t even make the cut. This list is laughable, and I feel like it was meant to be a joke. No way this was made to be taken seriously 

While I agree this list is stupid, sometimes teams that didn't make the championship game can be better than the 2 that did. 2008 Texas were better than both OU and Florida. 1994 Cowboys were definitely better than the 1994 Chargers. Also, I think we were better than the 1994 Niners but we shot ourselves in the foot and spotted them a 21pt lead on the road.

But I didn't think that version of the Eagles were better than their other NFC championship teams they had in the early 2000s.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Former Cowboy player Forrest Gregg passed away...... RIP🙏🙏🙏

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26505006/hall-fame-lineman-forrest-gregg-dies-85

Forrest Gregg, who earned the nickname "Iron Man" for playing in a then-record 188 consecutive NFL games during his Hall of Fame career, died Friday in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He was 85.

Legendary coach Vince Lombardi once called Gregg "the best player I ever coached."

update your software.  his legacy is in Green Bay.