Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

LMAO at Trubisky being above Dak. Apparently you've never seen him play. Goff is very questionable too, so is Wentz. Not sure I'd take Newton over Dak at this point. 

I'd put Dak in the 9-11 range with only these guys above him for sure:

Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlisberger, Wilson, Mahomes, Rivers, Ryan. 

27 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I think Goff is safely in front of Dak. He has better coaching but Dak had better offensive weapons around him and Goff was considerably better in 2018. 

Trubisky is close but I gave him the nod right now because he showed stuff with a far inferior supporting offensive cast around him compared to Dak. He needs more time to develop but if I was starting a team today is take him over Dak. 

On what planet has Dak, at any point in his career, had better offensive weapons than Goff? Gurley and Zeke are a toss up. Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, and Cooper Kupp are as good as any group of WRs in the league.

Up until the cowboys traded for Amari Cooper, the best wr Dak had played with was cole Beasley, and Dez, a guy who couldn’t find a team until halfway through the year. He started the year this year with probably the worst group of WRs in the league. Who was the wr1? How can you even grade him off of last year.  Even with the running game, he kind of had the odds stacked against him. It’s hard to just gain chemistry with a guy when you’re halfway into a season. This isn’t madden. With a full offseason practicing with what is clearly the best group of WRs he’s ever had, with an offensive line that (knock on wood) hopefully is healthy, next year is the year. He finally has pieces in place where there really isn’t any excuses. Even with an OC that has no experience. For the first time in his career, a career that has 3 playoff appearances, he has a healthy oline and a number one wide WR. You’re crazy if you feel like Dak is a finished product. 

Also, trubisky has offensive weapons. I’m so lost on where you’re getting some of this info. Up until we traded for cooper, Allen Robinson was better than any wr we’ve had. Hell, Taylor Gabriel is a good player. I would’ve traded cole Beasley for taylor Gabriel in a heartbeat. Trey Burton is twice as talented as any TE we’ve had since Dak has been here, including the tail end of wittens career. He’s done it for one year. Didn’t look like an nfl qb in year one, had a decent year last year. 

Ill put these guys in the same tier as Dak, but there’s no way I can definitively say they’re better. They all have a lot to prove. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

On what planet has Dak, at any point in his career, had better offensive weapons than Goff? Gurley and Zeke are a toss up. Brandin Cooks, Robert Woods, and Cooper Kupp are as good as any group of WRs in the league.

Up until the cowboys traded for Amari Cooper, the best wr Dak had played with was cole Beasley, and Dez, a guy who couldn’t find a team until halfway through the year. He started the year this year with probably the worst group of WRs in the league. Who was the wr1? How can you even grade him off of last year.  Even with the running game, he kind of had the odds stacked against him. It’s hard to just gain chemistry with a guy when you’re halfway into a season. This isn’t madden. With a full offseason practicing with what is clearly the best group of WRs he’s ever had, with an offensive line that (knock on wood) hopefully is healthy, next year is the year. He finally has pieces in place where there really isn’t any excuses. Even with an OC that has no experience. For the first time in his career, a career that has 3 playoff appearances, he has a healthy oline and a number one wide WR. You’re crazy if you feel like Dak is a finished product. 

Also, trubisky has offensive weapons. I’m so lost on where you’re getting some of this info. Up until we traded for cooper, Allen Robinson was better than any wr we’ve had. Hell, Taylor Gabriel is a good player. I would’ve traded cole Beasley for taylor Gabriel in a heartbeat. Trey Burton is twice as talented as any TE we’ve had since Dak has been here, including the tail end of wittens career. He’s done it for one year. Didn’t look like an nfl qb in year one, had a decent year last year. 

Ill put these guys in the same tier as Dak, but there’s no way I can definitively say they’re better. They all have a lot to prove. 

all through the playoffs Gurley was basically out or so limited that they're playing a fat guy straight off the couch ahead of him and Cupp was out. And they still got to the SB. Dak had his full complement of healthy offensive weapons and got shut down by the Rams. 

43 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Goff is head and shoulders above Dak. It’s not even close. 

This page is amazing. You can tell how far away from the season we are when retards like Drew are gaining traction with their idiotic posts. 

What is he "head and shoulders" above Dak in? It sure as shit isn't getting to his second read. He plays in a very dynamic offense with one of the "brightest offense minds". His targets are generally schemed open and he just has to avoid bad throws. We all know how good Goff looked once his first read was taken away. 

Dak played in an offense from the 70-80s that had the creativity of an A&M architect. 

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

all through the playoffs Gurley was basically out or so limited that they're playing a fat guy straight off the couch ahead of him and Cupp was out. And they still got to the SB. Dak had his full complement of healthy offensive weapons and got shut down by the Rams. 

If you're blaming Dak for us getting shut down, at least compare his performance to Goff. Dak didn't get "shut down" you silly cunt. He played just fine and they would've scored more points had the defense not given up 1000 yards rushing. 

D. Prescott

20/32. 266 YDS.  1 TD   0 INT    99.2 RTG

J. Goff

15/28   186 YDS  0 TD  0 INT    74.4 RTG

But yea, that ole Dak sure sucks balls!!!!

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 2

Oh, and don't forget that Zeke had to carry Dak in the game to the tune of 22 carries for 47 yards. A freaking 2.4 yard average. 
The fact that it was a one possession game is due to Dak playing well, along with Gallup and Cooper. 
Don't bring facts into this thread. It's all Daks fault!!! He's terrible and sucks!!!
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I think Goff is safely in front of Dak. He has better coaching but Dak had better offensive weapons around him and Goff was considerably better in 2018. 

Trubisky is close but I gave him the nod right now because he showed stuff with a far inferior supporting offensive cast around him compared to Dak. He needs more time to develop but if I was starting a team today is take him over Dak. 

¿Que?

How exactly does Dak have better weapons than Goff?

The common denominator with both Goff and Trubisky is their offensive systems are vastly superior to Dak's. It wouldn't matter if Dak had Jerry Rice and Randy Moss to go along with Zeke.  Sending every WR on the field to constantly run 9 yard curl routes all game isn't going to produce big numbers in the passing game.  You're severely underestimating how much Goff's and Trubisky's offensive scheme manufactures yards and points for them. The fact that they both looked like total shit under their previous coaching regimes ought to clue you in on what a well designed scheme can do for a QB. The fact Dak doesn't look like total shit in our 1980s middle school offense gives me hope that he'd have the same sort of metamorphosis as Goff and Trubisky in a modern offense.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

Dak isn't a top 10 QB in the league, but it's been proven that you don't need one to go to a Super Bowl.  If you have a top-5 defense and an offense that is average to above average, winning your conference is not out of the question.  I think everyone can agree that our defense is on track and that our offense has the pieces to at least be in the top half of the league.  You don't need Dak to go out and win you games every week.  You need him to take care of the ball and not make bone-headed decisions, but at the same time have confidence in him to march down the field late in the 4th to put you in position to get a W.  I think we have that in Dak.  If we don't, then who the fuck are we going to get that is better?  If you look at it in a vacuum, you may not think Dak is worth $28-30M, but look around the league and see what everyone else is getting and let me know who you'd like the Cowboys to sign that will either be a) better or b) cheaper and still give us a chance to win. 

8 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lulz. This thread has gone the fullest of full retard. One game anecdotes as some sort of smoking gun evidence?  Y’all have a nice summer of sucking each other’s dicks. 

Sure thing, Jason...

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lulz. This thread has gone the fullest of full retard. One game anecdotes as some sort of smoking gun evidence?  Y’all have a nice summer of sucking each other’s dicks. 

You new here bruh? We've been discussing in detail all 3 years of Dak's career for about 5 months now. 

Though, it's mostly been responding to Dak hatin trolls. 

14 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

If you're blaming Dak for us getting shut down, at least compare his performance to Goff. Dak didn't get "shut down" you silly cunt. He played just fine and they would've scored more points had the defense not given up 1000 yards rushing. 

D. Prescott

20/32. 266 YDS.  1 TD   0 INT    99.2 RTG

J. Goff

15/28   186 YDS  0 TD  0 INT    74.4 RTG

But yea, that ole Dak sure sucks balls!!!!

Wow, I didn't realize Goff's numbers were so bad in that game. I guess it's because Garrett's stupidity in wearing out the defense in a meaningless game meant Goff didn't have to do much except watch a fat just-off-the-couch RB run over the exhausted defense all game. That, and Goff made the plays to seal the win at the end when he had to. 

Guess that made it seem like he had a better stats game. 

I'd still take Goff over Dak if given the choice.

Wow, I didn't realize Goff's numbers were so bad in that game. I guess it's because Garrett's stupidity in wearing out the defense in a meaningless game meant Goff didn't have to do much except watch a fat just-off-the-couch RB run over the exhausted defense all game. That, and Goff made the plays to seal the win at the end when he had to. 

I don't think it was Goff being bad so much as not being needed to do much, as the Rams' bloated waiver wire reject running back magically transformed into Jim Brown in his prime against the Cowboys D. The Rams had 17 RUSHING first downs, only two fewer than the Cowboys total first downs, and 273 yards rushing, only 35 fewer than the Cowboys total yards.

What about against the saints?

25/40

297YDS

7.4 AVG

1TD

1INT

83.0 RTG

Or Patriots? 

19/38 229YDS  6.0 AVG 0TD  1INT 57.9 RTG

That's three pretty average-bad playoff games in a row. 

Here's Dak's other 2 playoff games: 

Seahawks 2019

C/ATT    YDS  AVG  TDINTSACKS  QBR   RTG
 22/33    226    6.8    1    1    1-10    73.9    83.6

Packers 2017

C/ATT    YDS    AVG    TD    INT    SACKS    QBR    RTG
 25/36    251    7.0         3          1    1-6        97.0     105.2

54 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Can we start a Dak sucks/doesn’t suck thread so those of us who would like to pop in from time to time and see what’s going on with the Cowboys don’t have to wade through 10 pages of shit to find out?  

Here's some advice. Stay out until August. Nothing worth anything will happen before then. 

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Can we start a Dak sucks/doesn’t suck thread so those of us who would like to pop in from time to time and see what’s going on with the Cowboys don’t have to wade through 10 pages of shit to find out?  

This thread would prob be 4 pages without the  “Dak Sucks” fuckbois and their shitty takes. 

I think we’re all bored. 

48 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yet in that 5-month period, rarely has the Surly mob let Poster X slide after making comparative suggestions between future Hall of Famers and Dak. Poster X is this case is Drew, and the mob largely let him slide because it’s focused on the anti-Dak crowd. 

Dak is probably at the bottom of the top half of QBs, or at the top of the bottom half of QBs in the league. He’s clearly above any historical Dallas QB not named Staubach, Aikman, Meredith, Romo and White. He’s serviceable and growing. But he’s still middling for this league. He’s not Goff and he’s not Wentz. Maybe he will get there, but relative to Goff I doubt it. 

Anyway, this thread has turned into Cowboy homer at its worst with the Dak comparisons. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5500150

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

This thread would prob be 4 pages without the  “Dak Sucks” fuckbois and their shitty takes. 

I think we’re all bored. 

Disagreeing that he is great doesn't mean he's in Brady Quinn territory.  Most of my sentiment is geared towards not wanting to pay him a huge contract.  i do not believe he is worth the spend.

Too many folks just want to hear how great he is, and that is unwarranted, at least with regard to  onfield. play.

53 minutes ago, slorch said:

Disagreeing that he is great doesn't mean he's in Brady Quinn territory.  Most of my sentiment is geared towards not wanting to pay him a huge contract.  i do not believe he is worth the spend.

Too many folks just want to hear how great he is, and that is unwarranted, at least with regard to  onfield. play.

Who cares about overpaying him a bit when there is no other viable alternative? The defense is finally Top 5-10, we have some playmakers on offense, and the oline should be almost as good as 2014-2016. 

Playing chicken and using the franchise tag with a QB who's only made a couple mil while starting for 4 years would be pretty stupid and end up costing more. 

Do you want to Tank for Tua? Even then, he'll need a few years to develop and you've just wasted the prime of our oline and defense. 

You're not getting shit in free agency. QBs hold their team by the balls, that's just how it is and why their salaries keep skyrocketing. 

Dak is the guy because he has to be. There's no one else for at least 2-3 years. 

Just now, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Who cares about overpaying him a bit when there is no other viable alternative? The defense is finally Top 5-10, we have some playmakers on offense, and the oline should be almost as good as 2014-2016. 

Playing chicken and using the franchise tag with a QB who's only made a couple mil while starting for 4 years would be pretty stupid and end up costing more. 

Do you want to Tank for Tua? Even then, he'll need a few years to develop and you've just wasted the prime of our oline and defense. 

You're not getting shit in free agency. QBs hold their team by the balls, that's just how it is and why their salaries keep skyrocketing. 

There is a viable option.  That's the point.

However, as long as Jason garret remains HNIC, it doesn't really make a fuck who's at QB.

Goff is a system guy.  As is Dak to a large extent.  Now ask yourself who has the best system?  They're upside seems pretty similar except Goff hasn't shown a big time clutch gene (not saying he's a choker either), but his post-season roll to the SB was utterly forgettable.  Mediocre and bus driver to the core.  54.9% completion %, 2/2 TD to INT, 73 Passer rating.  He was absolutely unimpressive.  He's probably a little more accurate and less mobile but overall he had a very good season last year, but again.... McVay >>>> Ginger/Linehan.

Moving on..... Be nice if this guy could give us 13/14 games and playoffs (if we make it):

Edited by Patrick Bateman

49 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

System guy. Lulz. He was the #1 overall pick, and he’s not Alex Smith. Look at his trajectory over his 3-year career. A system guy is like Smith, who gets replaced by Mahomes and the O skyrockets. Mahomes and Goff have a ton in common. Huge arms and video game offenses. Smith had a lot of that too in KC but didn’t let it loose. Dak is like Smith. Goff is like Mahomes. I’d take Goff in a heartbeat over Dak, any GM would, and any Cowboys fan who says otherwise is crazy. 

Goff is like mahomes hahaha. Jesus fucking Christ. He’s a lot more like Kirk cousins 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah, both were Pro Bowlers and were the only two of four QBs that threw for 4,700 yards that led their teams to the playoffs.  But no, Dak is better than Goff.

Dak defenders aren't realists and make guys like me sound anti-Dak.  I'm not.  I like Dak and love him as a person and leader.  He's middling, though.  He's somewhere in the teens in any QB ranking.

I don’t think a lot of people disagree with your main take. Dak isn’t a top flight qb right now. But he’s good enough to invest in. When Wentz, Watson, Goff, mahomes, etc get paid, they’ll all be paid more than him. When Luck gets a new deal, he’ll get more. That’s just the nature of paying the qb position. This idea that we can just find another qb better suited to lead our team while we’re in this championship window is crazy to me (outside of Mike White of course). We aren’t drafting a qb that would be better than Dak. We aren’t signing a free agent qb who would be better than Dak. We aren’t going to play the franchise tag game with the guy who is clearly the unquestioned leader of the team. It is what it is. I don’t think paying and investing is the wrong thing to do. That’s all I’m saying. I also don’t think we’ve seen anywhere close to a finished product, but I could be wrong about that.

7 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Here's Dak's other 2 playoff games: 

Seahawks 2019

C/ATT    YDS  AVG  TDINTSACKS  QBR   RTG
 22/33    226    6.8    1    1    1-10    73.9    83.6

Packers 2017

C/ATT    YDS    AVG    TD    INT    SACKS    QBR    RTG
 25/36    251    7.0         3          1    1-6        97.0     105.2

No he sucks. Futureman said so!!

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

System guy. Lulz. He was the #1 overall pick, and he’s not Alex Smith. Look at his trajectory over his 3-year career. A system guy is like Smith, who gets replaced by Mahomes and the O skyrockets. Mahomes and Goff have a ton in common. Huge arms and video game offenses. Smith had a lot of that too in KC but didn’t let it loose. Dak is like Smith. Goff is like Mahomes. I’d take Goff in a heartbeat over Dak, any GM would, and any Cowboys fan who says otherwise is crazy. 

Goff under Jason Garrett/Linehan would be fucking terrible. He had the benefit of McVay in his hear the entire time and where exactly to go with the ball and making all the pre snap reads. Goff did none of that. Place Dak under a competent coach and coordinator and an offense designed solely for him and you'd see a huge difference. Goff got to play with an offense that was actually innovative. Our offense is the same old junk we have ran since 2007 when Garrett arrived. Nothing at all has changed. McVay orchestrated that whole offense. Did you see Goff under Jeff Fisher? Because Garrett is even worse than he is. Goff would look like that. Maybe even worse.

Goff's playoff games leave a lot to be desired.

dak fucking sucks.  the pain of this awful season I’m about to endure will only be slightly alleviated by knowing that pretty much all of you, except for a few brilliant minds, will have to finally admit what a fucking joke of a quarterback dak really is. 

• Fuck You 1

Even without knowing anything about Guice, you’d have to go Group 3. He was one of the top rated RBs of last years draft class, and there’s just more talent from top to bottom in that group. I feel like Evan Engram would be a beast with another team.

Edited by youdunnf'dup