Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Who said it does require some huge IQ?  Smart people don't understand shit sometimes, especially if it's not in their lane.  Plus, you still haven't said where I "personally attacked" you as you claimed(which is more proof of you losing the argument IMO).

And you still said we'd be "overpaying" Dak, which in my opinion, and many others, would NOT be the case at all.  Continuing to pretend it is does is making a problem that shouldn't exist.

And you're right, neither of us will be proven right or wrong...but acting like you know better and I don't is doing exactly what you accused me of earlier.

The term "overpaid" is so over used by fans in sports. You can go to any fan's forums and discussions and almost any player they talk about is "overpaid", especially when it comes to contracts that are ending and they want a new deal or free agents. They say a player is overpaid at X amount but not at Y amount yet they don't substantiate it with anything. Sports is about supply and demand. QBs are in huge demand and there is very little supply. As opposed to say RB where there is not a huge demand and there is plenty of supply. And it isn't that hard to replace. Hence why they don't get near the money. It's a QB league. They can name their own price at this point because teams need a QB and there isn't enough to go around. You can't just drop your current QB and go easily draft another or find one in free agency and be good to go that easy. Some teams take a shit ton of time to find their guy. Some are in QB limbo for decades (see Buffalo). But that's how markets work in general. You get paid for how in demand you are. It isn't always about just your talent.

Jimmy G hadn't proven a damn thing at all and SF gave him a ton of money. 

I will take Dak over Stafford and Cousins any day of the week and look at the deals they got. 

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

It should be cleared up this year when Dak leads the Cowboys to a natty. 

he gonna go play for gundy?  he’s actually a decent college qb, unlike the NFL where he fucking sucks wet shit through a narrow straw. 

• Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Drew said:

Who said it does require some huge IQ?  Smart people don't understand shit sometimes, especially if it's not in their lane.  Plus, you still haven't said where I "personally attacked" you as you claimed(which is more proof of you losing the argument IMO).

And you still said we'd be "overpaying" Dak, which in my opinion, and many others, would NOT be the case at all.  Continuing to pretend it is does is making a problem that shouldn't exist.

And you're right, neither of us will be proven right or wrong...but acting like you know better and I don't is doing exactly what you accused me of earlier.

I never said you didn’t know.  I said you were wrong to assume I didn’t understand the Cap because we disagree on the impact of Dak’s potential contract.  You didn’t have a direct rebuttle, so you claimed I didn’t know shit.

I’m not offended.  Just 2 guys talking shit, but it gets old, especially on this board when folks take a completely unfounded high road on the intellectual factor in a discussion.  It happens all too often.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, Trey3216 said:

Dude, the guys on 105.3 constantly bitch about how shitty Garrett-Top is at coaching, how annoying it is that Jerry wants to keep him around, and are split just like this board on Dak.  They don’t suck up to Jerry just because they’re the radio home

They bash on Garrett now but didn't before about a year ago when reports were coming out Garrett was on the hot seat. They NEVER directly bash Jerry or Stephen. They'll bash a player here or there but it usually seems it's when Jerry wants them to do so. They are solid on pre draft analysis but that's about it. 

There's one reason the ticket isn't the flagship station anymore even though they're the most accomplished and listened to station in the market. That's because they didn't follow Jerry's rules and he got pissed and left. Don't think all of a sudden he isn't putting the same restraints on this station. 

20 minutes ago, Rhyners said:

They bash on Garrett now but didn't before about a year ago when reports were coming out Garrett was on the hot seat. They NEVER directly bash Jerry or Stephen. They'll bash a player here or there but it usually seems it's when Jerry wants them to do so. They are solid on pre draft analysis but that's about it. 

There's one reason the ticket isn't the flagship station anymore even though they're the most accomplished and listened to station in the market. That's because they didn't follow Jerry's rules and he got pissed and left. Don't think all of a sudden he isn't putting the same restraints on this station. 

You must not listen much, because several have been on the Fire Garrett train for 4-5 years.  They (especially Dawson) bashes Jerry constantly for putting up with all of it, and then Stephen for continuing to allow it even though he has more say than he used to.  I listen to both a lot, but I do live in Waco area so I can get 105.3 in my vehicle so I listen to that more than I listen to The Ticket these days.  Trust me, they aren't aggying that shit up.  They fucking hate Garrett as much as you and I do.  

Edit:   Unless you are Rhyner and you're just being a bitch.  

Edited by Trey3216

This amused me...

The Stripes convenience stores in San Marcos have had these special Cowboys player cups for their fountain drinks.  There are 7 players -- Lawrence, Dak, Beasley (guess they didn't hear?), Lee, Frederick, and two more that I can't remember.  They have them all sitting out, so you can pick the one you want.

Today, I went to the Stripes around the corner to get a drink, and all they had left were three big stacks of Sean Lee cups.

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This amused me...

The Stripes convenience stores in San Marcos have had these special Cowboys player cups for their fountain drinks.  There are 7 players -- Lawrence, Dak, Beasley (guess they didn't hear?), Lee, Frederick, and two more that I can't remember.  They have them all sitting out, so you can pick the one you want.

Today, I went to the Stripes around the corner to get a drink, and all they had left were three big stacks of Sean Lee cups.

The Sean Lee cups fall apart easily. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Tomorrow, Zeke gets to go meet with Goodell about his little ordeal in Vegas in May.  

Surprised dickhead didn't schedule it for Labor Day...ya know, just to fuck with the Cowboys' season again( they don't need any help imploding, Rawjah...)

14 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

I didn't know this fuckin' guy was still around the team.

Halfway house Jerry hired him as a scout after he was useless as a football player. Apparently he was really pushing hard to draft Taco over TJ Watt

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Rhyners said:

Halfway house Jerry hired him as a scout after he was useless as a football player. Apparently he was really pushing hard to draft Taco over TJ Watt

say what you will about jerry giving second chances to superstars but he had absolutely no incentive to help josh brent.  he wasn’t gonna sell jerseys or score touchdowns or sack the quarterback and every other owner in the league would have kicked him out on his ass to drink himself into a hole without thinking twice about it.  they’d just wash their hands of it, because they don’t really give a shit about their players.  in spite of the unbelievable amount of glaring flaws, jerry truly does have a big heart and truly does love his players.  it’s too bad brent didn’t appreciate that second chance.  

• Like 2

Yep suspect McGovern is starting LG by first or 2nd week and Connor is the backup RT or Swing. Next year he’ll be starting there and the OL will be similar to the 2014-2016 best OL evah type line again.

Yep suspect McGovern is starting LG by first or 2nd week and Connor is the backup RT or Swing. Next year he’ll be starting there and the OL will be similar to the 2014-2016 best OL evah type line again.

LOL. Your sunshine pumping is only matched by satya’s negativity. Y’all are the yin and yang of fandom. Tyron is old and has chronic back issues. His window of “best tackle in football” is closed and it’s not even clear if he’s still in the top tier tackles in football. Connor Williams was dogshit last year. He has the ability to improve but he’s got to show it first. Frederick is returning from a nerve issue that kept him out all last year and we have no idea how he will respond. We have no right tackle. And if Connor improves enough to move there, then we have no idea who will play on the interior in his place. I don’t think OL is necessarily something to be too concerned about but we are hardly close to being in the discussion of “best OL evah”

12 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

LOL. Your sunshine pumping is only matched by satya’s negativity. Y’all are the yin and yang of fandom. Tyron is old and has chronic back issues. His window of “best tackle in football” is closed and it’s not even clear if he’s still in the top tier tackles in football.

Screen-Shot-2019-01-10-at-7.52.18-AM-613

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 1