Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

I don't think the Cowboys know yet where Connor fits best. As of last season he had not developed the strength necessary for guard or the techique for tackle. He needs to build up some for both. He's a developing piece of the puzzle as a starter or a depth guy. Surely, as a second round pick, they are hoping he will show up as a legit starter at some position.

• Like 1

LOL.  You know who's going to care?  Manda's husband.  She'll be like "Babe, I just got us tickets to a Cowboys game!!!!"  He'll respond, "Wow, sweetheart!  That's awesome! You are the best!"     Then she'll say "It's only a preseason game, but who cares?"   At which point he will drop his phone, pick it up, claim it was an accident, and change the subject. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, irishtexan said:

LOL. Your sunshine pumping is only matched by satya’s negativity. Y’all are the yin and yang of fandom. Tyron is old and has chronic back issues. His window of “best tackle in football” is closed and it’s not even clear if he’s still in the top tier tackles in football. Connor Williams was dogshit last year. He has the ability to improve but he’s got to show it first. Frederick is returning from a nerve issue that kept him out all last year and we have no idea how he will respond. We have no right tackle. And if Connor improves enough to move there, then we have no idea who will play on the interior in his place. I don’t think OL is necessarily something to be too concerned about but we are hardly close to being in the discussion of “best OL evah”

Well, ok then.

Connor sucked to star the year, there is no doubt.  It was, once again, poor decision making to throw him in there, but you clearly didn't watch the close of the season when Connor actually looked like he knew what he was doing, and even played well against that dominant Rams DL.  He's probably better as a Tackle and needs to transition IMO.

Still though, not sure how ANY of that is sunshine pumping(and the "best line evah" was obviously being factitious, c'mon man...don't go full Rex Kramer).  Saying that with McGovern and Connor taking the place of Leary and Free as being equal to them doesn't seem like some huge stretch, and I don't think Smith is done. 

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, futureman said:

you really are fucking stupid

Damn Irish... and this is coming from the Mike White guy...

2 hours ago, futureman said:

hey look, dak fucking sucks and the guys at pro football focus know it. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-z-why-the-cowboys-should-be-wary-about-giving-dak-a-record-setting-deal

The same people that had Zeke ranked as the 30th best back in the NFL last year. Their rankings can be useful for lineman or defensive backs, but for some positions, they just go full retard. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The same people that had Zeke ranked as the 30th best back in the NFL last year. Their rankings can be useful for lineman or defensive backs, but for some positions, they just go full retard. 

they know more than you. 

2 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Exactly. Anyone who blindly puts stock into them and just spews out their grades doesn't actually know football. They are ok for a degree of measure but their grades alone don't mean shit. They are pushed hard by NBC Sunday Night Football. And like you said, their grades are so arbitrary and all over the place. I am not a fan of Rodgers but anyone committe who said he isn't at least top 100 and Zeke is a bottom of the league back, can't be take seriously. Football has so many variables at play in every single play. To sit and watch and give grades is fucking idiotic. You would need preconceived information on what exactly is supposed to happen on every play and take that into account as well. 

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Anyone who blindly puts stock into them and just spews out their grades doesn't actually know football. They are ok for a degree of measure but their grades alone don't mean shit. They are pushed hard by NBC Sunday Night Football. And like you said, their grades are so arbitrary and all over the place.

which is why the article just doesn’t quote grades.  they explain why he’s an overrated pile of trash that assclowns like you cling to.  and they know more about it than you do. 

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Exactly. Anyone who blindly puts stock into them and just spews out their grades doesn't actually know football. They are ok for a degree of measure but their grades alone don't mean shit. They are pushed hard by NBC Sunday Night Football. And like you said, their grades are so arbitrary and all over the place. I am not a fan of Rodgers but anyone committe who said he isn't at least top 100 and Zeke is a bottom of the league back, can't be take seriously. Football has so many variables at play in every single play. To sit and watch and give grades is fucking idiotic. You would need preconceived information on what exactly is supposed to happen on every play and take that into account as well. 

Not to mention that in a haste to get their weekly grades out quickly they don't even utilize the All-22s coach's tape to grade players.  They use the broadcast copy. Or at least they used to for a longtime. 

4 hours ago, futureman said:

which is why the article just doesn’t quote grades.  they explain why he’s an overrated pile of trash that assclowns like you cling to.  and they know more about it than you do. 

We haven’t paid Dak yet, and your guy sucks so bad that he can’t even beat out an undrafted Cooper Rush (even though they’re trying as hard as they can to gift wrap him that job). Literally nothing has changed since the last time you gave your opinion. No games, no training camp, nothing. 

So what are we even talking about right now? 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

We haven’t paid Dak yet, and your guy sucks so bad that he can’t even beat out an undrafted Cooper Rush (even though they’re trying as hard as they can to gift wrap him that job). Literally nothing has changed since the last time you gave your opinion. No games, no training camp, nothing. 

So what are we even talking about right now? 

dak should be worrying more about mike white taking his job than that bloated bullshit contract he isn’t going to get. 

Yeah LOL at idiots taking PFF as anything more than a tool/resource and instead as a Bible.

I can go find articles from reputable places that say Dak is a good, even great QB, and deserves to be paid.

His success on the field this year will prove it.  Of course, the guy could lead them to 13 wins again, and the Defense get run over and they lose a playoff game, and it'll be the same old "They can't win with Dak" shit again.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Yeah LOL at idiots taking PFF as anything more than a tool/resource and instead as a Bible.

I can go find articles from reputable places that say Dak is a good, even great QB, and deserves to be paid.

His success on the field this year will prove it.  Of course, the guy could lead them to 13 wins again, and the Defense get run over and they lose a playoff game, and it'll be the same old "They can't win with Dak" shit again.

dak sucks and we will be total shit this year.  contract or no contract I want you to fucking apologize to me publicly for supporting that fucking fraud when january rolls around and we’re 4-12.

if you pay attention to anything cowboys related you should know that we only do well when expectations are extremely low.  going into 2014 we were supposed to have the worst defense in the history of competitive sport and they actually played well behind our ball-control offense and we had a great year.  2016 tony was hurt and we had an overrated asshole rookie in his place and everyone thought we’d tank but our defense played lights out and zeke elliott covered up the glaring deficiencies at the quarterback position and we had a solid year.  

all the glassy-eyed mouthbreathing fuckwits now think we’re gonna be great this season and that’s precisely why we’re going to fart and fall down over and over and over again.  and it will be primarily because dakota fuckstick checks down every goddamn time because he doesn’t have the brain of a starting NFL qb to dissect a defense nor does he have the balls or the skill to take risks downfield.  the only hope america’s team has is holding off on the dak contract until this season makes it painfully obvious how fucking stupid and inept and cognitively limited that mississippi fraud really is.  and then he can take his ass out the door to be a shitty backup for some other unfortunate team before washes out of the league and becomes the qb coach at starkville middle.  if he gets $250MM this franchise is finished.

just remember to apologize. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Not sure if future is trolling or actually serious about issue. Won’t lose any sleep over it. 

I’ve been accused many times of trolling though I’ve never done it.  and I seem to be one of a select few educated, red-blooded american fans of america’s team that know our quarterback is a complete fraud. 

Exactly. If you only use PFF to make an argument, hard to take that serious. They are new age needs who cater to people who need grades to try justify what they are arguing. The fact that they hand these grades out almost right after the game ends should be all you need to know. The fucking coaches haven't even broke down film from the All 22 but these forms are supposed to tell us the grades of every single player based on limited information? Riiiight. I mean shit, might as well just get rid of scouting staffs. Just rely on PFF grades.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

dak sucks and we will be total shit this year.  contract or no contract I want you to fucking apologize to me publicly for supporting that fucking fraud when january rolls around and we’re 4-12.

if you pay attention to anything cowboys related you should know that we only do well when expectations are extremely low.  going into 2014 we were supposed to have the worst defense in the history of competitive sport and they actually played well behind our ball-control offense and we had a great year.  2016 tony was hurt and we had an overrated asshole rookie in his place and everyone thought we’d tank but our defense played lights out and zeke elliott covered up the glaring deficiencies at the quarterback position and we had a solid year.  

all the glassy-eyed mouthbreathing fuckwits now think we’re gonna be great this season and that’s precisely why we’re going to fart and fall down over and over and over again.  and it will be primarily because dakota fuckstick checks down every goddamn time because he doesn’t have the brain of a starting NFL qb to dissect a defense nor does he have the balls or the skill to take risks downfield.  the only hope america’s team has is holding off on the dak contract until this season makes it painfully obvious how fucking stupid and inept and cognitively limited that mississippi fraud really is.  and then he can take his ass out the door to be a shitty backup for some other unfortunate team before washes out of the league and becomes the qb coach at starkville middle.  if he gets $250MM this franchise is finished.

just remember to apologize. 

Alright man, what’s the over under on regular season wins that it would take for you to make a bet with me. Because this is just getting ridiculous. I’ll exchange cash app, Venmo, or PayPal if you’re so confident. If Dak sucks bad enough, it should be easy money, right?

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’ve been accused many times of trolling though I’ve never done it.  and I seem to be one of a select few educated, red-blooded american fans of america’s team that know our quarterback is a complete fraud. 

As a good troll would say. 😜

31 minutes ago, futureman said:

This crap is why I get so pissed at people bitching about good/not good. 

So MUCH has to do with system and coaching. Anybody remember a certain LA teams qb with Jeff Fisher as coach?  

Us mericans don’t do sports well. We have to have a good guy/bad guy or we can’t argue. 

NBA coaching maybe is a 50% game changer. NFL is a 90% game changer. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shaddie said:

This crap is why I get so pissed at people bitching about good/not good. 

So MUCH has to do with system and coaching. Anybody remember a certain LA teams qb with Jeff Fisher as coach?  

Us mericans don’t do sports well. We have to have a good guy/bad guy or we can’t argue. 

NBA coaching maybe is a 50% game changer. NFL is a 90% game changer. 

Exactly. Goff is not better than Dak. One has a really innovative coach and the other has one of the shittiest in this league and had to deal with Linehan. Goff relies on the adjustments at the line from his coach before the headset turns off. Switch the 2 QBs. Goff comes here to play under Garrett (where he's never heard of an adjustment in his life) and Dak goes to play with McVay. Goff would be fucking terrible. Hell, people were ready to write him off under Fisher. He didn't magically just get better and learn how to play. Coaching is a huge factor in the NFL. Our coach os god awful, hence why we haven't won shit. QBs rely on good coaches more than any other position. 

19 hours ago, futureman said:

Never accused you of trolling, just a ding dong dip.  I suggest you go listen to gravity's gone by drive by truckers.

LOLOK

Former Oakland Raiders and Dallas Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClainsays he wants to make an NFL comeback and is hoping to sign a contract before training camp gets underway this month.

"Every time I got in my linebacker position, it was bone-on-bone grind," he said. "Not only do I feel good, I'm recovered and I'm rested. I feel better now because I know I'll be playing with two legs."

"I'm nowhere near satisfied with how my professional career has gone," McClain said. "That's for myself. That's me looking in the mirror and talking to my boys. Nah, that's not the taste I want to leave in my mouth."

Cowboys own McClain's rights so if they don't want him they would have to renounce them for him to sign elsewhere. I believe he is also suspended for a year or so whenever he does get back. If he'll take a cheap garbage prove it deal then sign him for a couple years, let him sit his suspension this year, then he's competition for when they have to start letting LBs walk because they gave an average QB top 3 money and overpaid their OL by 10s of millions over the next highest paid line. 

1 hour ago, futureman said:

if zeke is charged you can bet your ass he’s getting 6-8 games

If the League suspends guys without charges, seems it would be kosher to keep him cleared in light of charges being pressed on an incident already cleared by Master Goodell.

LMAO.  Who the fuck are we kidding?

If Goodell suspends Zeke after clearing him, Jerry will lose whatever is left of his mind and will probably shoot him.   Lord the meltdown will be epic.
Jerry won't do a damn thing. This misconception that Jerry will ever do anything is comical. He's been bending over and taking it from all aspects of the league for a long time now. Fuck Jerry.

Despite the fact that Dak continues to outplay him.

He's in a better offensive system with better playcalling and coaching.  It's as simple as that.

Dak with Pederson, or McVay, or Reid would have everyone saying how great he is.

And Future, I already said I'd admit and apologize if Dak isn't the answer, but they won't be 4-12 unless HE goes down, because Lord knows they aren't winning games without him, not with the trash they have playing behind him at the QB positions(and yes, you are trolling, but it's a funny schtick now).

Im probably alone in this but....we have Frederick back, we have zeke, great LB'ers, solid d-line,cooper at wr and a qb that can win some games

Yeah its optimistic but if everything clicks why not a SB

We'll see how gallup,cobb and plus the rookies come along in training camp...we could be a very good team

Nobody in the NFC is that much better than us imo...

Pro Football Talk is reporting based on a "league source" that Zeke may hold out this year for a new contract.

Per a league source, Elliott has privately said that he will hold out of training camp unless he gets a new contract.

The Cowboys haven’t focused on giving Elliott a new contract, largely because they don’t have to. They have instead focused on players with more immediate paths to free agency, from defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence (who has signed) to quarterback Dak Prescott and receiver Amari Cooper (who haven’t).

Prescott and Cooper are due to become free agents next year. Elliott, the fourth overall draft pick in 2016, has two years remaining on his rookie deal, given that first-round selections are subject to a fifth-year option.

If Elliot indeed intends to holdout, he’s smart. He has significant value now, and after the next two years his worth to the franchise could plummet — either due to the wear and tear of playing tailback or a possible shift in offensive philosophy away from the team’s run-to-set-up-the-pass-but-still-run-a-lot strategy.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/15/ezekiel-elliott-has-privately-said-that-hes-planning-a-training-camp-holdout/

I mean it's jus funny now.  I'd say the Coach(ing) is MUCH bigger issue.

All I'm saying is if "mouth breather" Eli(twice), Joe Flacco, Nick Foles, and MANY other QB's in their realm CAN win a SB, than at the very least, so could Dak.  He wouldn't even have to be THE reason it's won.  Teams have won the SB with average QB play many times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

All that's going to do is piss people off and cause distraction.  He doesn't need a new deal.  He's been paid very high since he was such a high pick.

Oh, and fuck you Rex.

According to who? If he isn’t the best running back in the nfl, he’s top 3. His numbers would say he’s the best. Think about zeke’s body of work, even while including the suspension. Now think about how this team is currently constructed. Zeke can be an idiot off the field, but he’s not stupid. He knows the plan is to run him into the ground. He knows that we have no plans on paying him this year, or next year. He also knows that this team doesn’t get to where it wants to go if he isn’t on the field. If Zeke is actually willing to sit out regular season games, he has a ton of leverage. And it would be smart of him to do so. I don’t know that he will, but he has a lot more leverage than LeVeon Bell or Melvin Gordon, or any other running back that has enough clout to try something like this. If the plan is to just sit out training camp, fine. But hopefully that’s all it is.

According to who? If he isn’t the best running back in the nfl, he’s top 3. His numbers would say he’s the best. Think about zeke’s body of work, even while including the suspension. Now think about how this team is currently constructed. Zeke can be an idiot off the field, but he’s not stupid. He knows the plan is to run him into the ground. He knows that we have no plans on paying him this year, or next year. He also knows that this team doesn’t get to where it wants to go if he isn’t on the field. If Zeke is actually willing to sit out regular season games, he has a ton of leverage. And it would be smart of him to do so. I don’t know that he will, but he has a lot more leverage than LeVeon Bell or Melvin Gordon, or any other running back that has enough clout to try something like this. If the plan is to just sit out training camp, fine. But hopefully that’s all it is.
Zeke was a top 4 pick...he is on 24million dollar contract and 5th year option will be 9million more....33 million for first contract is very good for a rb...lets say they franchise him thats going to be approaching 48million before his FA deal...we can argue what he is worth but dont think you can argue the fact that he has been well paid