The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Went back and watched the La Tech game and Kobe Boyce's play stood out the most. How the hell is he getting snaps ahead of Cook and Jamison??!

Stupid Celebration: let the WR free while celebrating a completed pass on 3rd down that he thought he broke up

Well to be fair, Cook wasn't allowed to play when that happened.

Edited by HtownHorn

26 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

Well said. Nice site you boys got here. While LSU may be new to the spread game and im fully aware there could be kinks to work out in the new offense LSUs defense definitely isnt new to manhandling spread offense teams. Quite the opposite actually. The really exciting part is that this is the deepest LSUs been on defense in years. Barring injury there are several 1st rounders in the secondary alone (Fulton, Delpit).Texas is a good team and Ehlinger can ball. Really happy for this matchup to emphasize how special this defense will be early on. 

"manhandle spread teams" but gives up more than 70 points to aggy...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Not defending him, and haven’t looked back at the game, but a CB is often going to have a few bad plays per game as a result of the position they play. It’s impossible to be perfect. The bigger question is whether he was consistently leaving players open and not making plays. Was the rest of his play also that bad? I really didn’t pay close attention to him other than the obvious gaffs.

He was terrible. It seemed like he was responsible for about 70% of their yardage in the first half. And I don't think that is an exaggeration. 

8 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

"manhandle spread teams" but gives up more than 70 points to aggy...

what a bad example to use. you really think theres any shame in taking a 7OT loss on the road? the bowl selection committee sure didnt think so.  if LSUs defense doesnt routinely suffocate spread offenses, at least more often than Texas does, then explain why last year LSU finished 26th in total defense after giving up 74 points in a single fluke game, but texas finished 58th? If LSU is bad at handling spread teams, does that make Texas fucking awful at it?

10 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

what a bad example to use. you really think theres any shame in taking a 7OT loss on the road? the bowl selection committee sure didnt think so.  if LSUs defense doesnt routinely suffocate spread offenses, at least more often than Texas does, then explain why last year LSU finished 26th in total defense after giving up 74 points in a single fluke game, but texas finished 58th? If LSU is bad at handling spread teams, does that make Texas fucking awful at it?

Uh, since when has LSU routinely faced spread teams? Is giving up 400 yards to Florida an example of manhandling spread teams?

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jiffyjohnson said:

Well said. Nice site you boys got here. While LSU may be new to the spread game and im fully aware there could be kinks to work out in the new offense LSUs defense definitely isnt new to manhandling spread offense teams. Quite the opposite actually. The really exciting part is that this is the deepest LSUs been on defense in years. Barring injury there are several 1st rounders in the secondary alone (Fulton, Delpit).Texas is a good team and Ehlinger can ball. Really happy for this matchup to emphasize how special this defense will be early on. 

I don't think you really have an appreciation for true spread offenses and what they do week in and week out.  I have no idea how Saturday night will go, but playing Baylor (especially under Briles), OSU, OU, Tech and to a lesser degree ISU week in and week out is a much different animal. I agree LSU has some studs, but if you played true spread every week, you would give up points. 

Edited by jdhorn92

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

LSU faces so many spread teams... like who?!.  Like that shitty Florida team that barely beat a Miami team that is on par with fucking Kansas.  That same Florida team that put up 400 yards on them.  These fucks play the bottom barrel sec teams like Ole Miss, Miss st, Arkansas, Tenn, SC, Vandy, Mizzou, and think their defense is untouchable.  They're going to have their tails between their legs just like Mizzou and UGA did after we brought the fucking wood to them.  Just remember to come back and take your licks after the game.  

And give me a break with this 5 star DB bullshit.  Sterns, Foster, Jones, Overshown, Green, Cook, Owens were all rated 5 stars between the various services.  All but Owens had an LSU offer.  We have plenty of talent ourselves and Sam and our SR stud WRs aren't fucking scared.  LSU beats one trash team and now their offense is better than Lincoln Riley and the 2 fucking Heisman candidates we faced... LMAO. 

brb, gotta go run through a wall. Is it Saturday yet?!

39 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

Try playing the clear #1 offense in the country twice in a season then get back to us.

32 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Try playing the clear #1 offense in the country twice in a season then get back to us.

are you kidding? youre fuckin crazy if you think i wouldnt trade facing and recruiting against Bama for Oklahoma with you. 

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

I don't think you really have an appreciation for true spread offenses

got me there fella. im an LSU fan, weve been forced to appreciate defense for what feels like over a decade, but id be lyin if i didnt like seeing 5 straight TDs in the first half this weekend 😂. I can think of several high powered offenses that LSU has slowed down.  i know beating A&M doesnt count for much around here but 74-72 snapped a 7 game win streak over those puffs. they run spread right? Florida won last year, but they snapped a 3 game losing streak doing it. lamar jackson. manziel. mahomes. LSU has a good track record containing talented QBs running effective offenses not from Bama. With a defense thats got experienced 4-5 star talent this deep its hard not to feel confident in any game really. LSU has won alot of games the past decade despite its offense, not because of it. 

anyways if im wrong im happy to come back thru and eat my crow. 

Saturdays gonna be fun boys 🍻

• Like 2

One thing I don't get is...why the disrespect from the LSU side?  So many homers predicting blowouts, acting like the level they're at is so much higher than where we're at.

You've got Chaisson talking shit about how Ehlinger "isn't much of a threat....but that's not a shot at him...." and how he doesn't think we have a chance.

What the fuck has LSU done to warrant that type of attitude?  When did they become the New England Patriots?  

Yeah, they're talented as hell.  They've got a damn good defense and the offense seems to be improving.  It's going to take a heck of an effort from us to win this game.  

I just don't get how the majority of these guys dismiss our having any chance against them, like they're playing fucking Mississippi State or someone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

You've got Chaisson talking shit about how Ehlinger "isn't much of a threat....but that's not a shot at him...." and how he doesn't think we have a chance.

cmon man post the whole quote. they played each other in high school. Hes saying if he has to chase him down he'll do it, cause thats his job to get after him. Literally compliments him by saying hes dangerous with his legs. Dont bite on the headlines.

“I don’t really find him too much of a threat, not taking a shot at him,” Chaisson said. “But he uses his legs more than his arm. Just like in high school. He has a decent arm, but it’s more about his legs.”

as for the LSU fans predicting a blowout, theyre just drunk buddy 👍

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

cmon man post the whole quote. they played each other in high school. Hes saying if he has to chase him down he'll do it, cause thats his job to get after him. Literally compliments him by saying hes dangerous with his legs. Dont bite on the headlines.

“I don’t really find him too much of a threat, not taking a shot at him,” Chaisson said. “But he uses his legs more than his arm. Just like in high school. He has a decent arm, but it’s more about his legs.”

as for the LSU fans predicting a blowout, theyre just drunk buddy 👍

I don't even know how to respond to this.

If saying "He uses his legs more than his arm" is a compliment, then I'm retarded. 

"He has a decent arm, but it's more about his legs."  So you're saying he's a better than decent runner?  While also disrespecting his arm?  These aren't compliments.  

LSU is trying to manufacture disrespect while they're the ones throwing all the shade.  

My original point stands.  Your fan base acts like its shit doesn't stink and finds it absurd we think we can compete in, much less win, this game.  

It's entitlement on a level you haven't proven you're deserving of.  

Edited by Ghost of Shag

20 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

One thing I don't get is...why the disrespect from the LSU side?  So many homers predicting blowouts, acting like the level they're at is so much higher than where we're at.

What the fuck has LSU done to warrant that type of attitude?  When did they become the New England Patriots?  

Yeah, they're talented as hell.  They've got a damn good defense and the offense seems to be improving.  It's going to take a heck of an effort from us to win this game.  

I just don't get how the majority of these guys dismiss our having any chance against them, like they're playing fucking Mississippi State or someone. 

Trashy as fuck school & fanbase, that’s why. Their annoying unemployed army of fans that took over Omaha in 2009 should’ve been a warning.

1 minute ago, Ghost of Shag said:

All he says is that he uses his legs more than his arm.

"He has a decent arm, but it’s more about his legs."

^so if he calls his arm decent and then says "its more about his legs" does that mean Chaisson isnt paying respect to the mans scrambling abilities? What you have here is a future first-rounder paying respects to his opponents ability to make people miss, while also having the self-confidence to say hes going to do his job. Not to mention he didnt have to say hes not taking a shot at him if he wanted to take a shot at him. 

5 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

"He has a decent arm, but it’s more about his legs."

^so if he calls his arm decent and then says "its more about his legs" does that mean Chaisson isnt paying respect to the mans scrambling abilities? What you have here is a future first-rounder paying respects to his opponents ability to make people miss, while also having the self-confidence to say hes going to do his job. Not to mention he didnt have to say hes not taking a shot at him if he wanted to take a shot at him. 

Let's try this differently.  Read the following sentences.  Then reply with the answer of the one that is NOT disrespectful to the person in question.

a) "She ain't much to look at, but that's not a shot at her."

b) "He's not very smart, but that's not a shot at him."

c) "South Austin's mom has a gaping vag, but that's not a shot at her."  

d) None of the above. 

e) All of the above.

Edited by Ghost of Shag

32 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

are you kidding? youre fuckin crazy if you think i wouldnt trade facing and recruiting against Bama for Oklahoma with you. 

got me there fella. im an LSU fan, weve been forced to appreciate defense for what feels like over a decade, but id be lyin if i didnt like seeing 5 straight TDs in the first half this weekend 😂. I can think of several high powered offenses that LSU has slowed down.  i know beating A&M doesnt count for much around here but 74-72 snapped a 7 game win streak over those puffs. they run spread right? Florida won last year, but they snapped a 3 game losing streak doing it. lamar jackson. manziel. mahomes. LSU has a good track record containing talented QBs running effective offenses not from Bama. With a defense thats got experienced 4-5 star talent this deep its hard not to feel confident in any game really. LSU has won alot of games the past decade despite its offense, not because of it. 

anyways if im wrong im happy to come back thru and eat my crow. 

Saturdays gonna be fun boys 🍻

The offenses you face make the defenses look good. “Containing” qbs  who run “effective” offenses is much different than “suffocating “ spread offenses like you claim. 

Defending Run heavy , antiquated Offenses  in the SEC is much diffident than defending 5 wide , no huddle , hurry up spread. Your SEC defenses get inflated reputations for playing each other. I get it , you do what you have to do, but a 9 game conference schedule vs spread will make the stats look poor in comparison.  You seem to forget what TCU did to ole miss In the Peach as an example or the 45 ou put on Georgia or the 35 they put on Auburn 

Edited by jdhorn92

Just now, Ghost of Shag said:

Let's try this differently.  Read the following sentences.  Then circle the answer of the one that is NOT disrespectful to the person in question.

a) "She ain't much to look at, but that's not a shot at her."

b) "He's not very smart, but that's not a shot at him."

c) "South Austin's mom has a gaping vag, but that's not a shot at her."  

d) None of the above. 

e) All of the above.

C) "South Austin's mom has a gaping vag, but its not a shot at her, cause her head game is on point."

see what im sayin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1