The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

Watched a minute or so of Tom Herman's presser. Mentioned how huge our DLine is. Made me think back to the Alabama-Ohio St 2014 game where Herman gashed them running sideline to sideline because he thought they were big and slow, and he was right... Do UT fans who have watched this offense for a couple years now think that Herman is going to try and run a bunch sideline to sideline? Who would be the guy doing that, Ingram? Obviously that OSU team had Zeke, who turns out is pretty good at football. I feel like that would play into LSUs hand with Delpit flying in and our athletic LBs.
Im sure we will attack the edges with ingram's speed. Mix in some rpo's and some quick screens
We will also attack the dt's up the middle.

We will find out on Saturday...

14 minutes ago, geauxpack81 said:

Watched a minute or so of Tom Herman's presser. Mentioned how huge our DLine is. Made me think back to the Alabama-Ohio St 2014 game where Herman gashed them running sideline to sideline because he thought they were big and slow, and he was right... Do UT fans who have watched this offense for a couple years now think that Herman is going to try and run a bunch sideline to sideline? Who would be the guy doing that, Ingram? Obviously that OSU team had Zeke, who turns out is pretty good at football. I feel like that would play into LSUs hand with Delpit flying in and our athletic LBs.

There are multiple ways to attack a DL you think is not as fast as your OL (and that's the key differentiator, not the speed of the RBs/QB, but the speed of the two lines and the LBs). Honestly, it's y'all's LBs I think he's probably more concerned with, because getting to the edges is not as likely to be successful in comparison to that Ohio State / Alabama game. 

Which is where one of the other ways to attack comes in -- misdirection.  I would expect a whole lot (and by a whole lot, I mean metric shit-tons) of motion followed by short passes to the flats and to the slot, particularly crossing the middle after some kind of misdirection (whether play-action, RPO, jet-motion, whatever), in order to get the LBs going one way while the ball goes the other. And that doesn't have to be to the edges, that can be straight up the gut. A lot of our QB run game is based on that already historically, but this year there is the added wrinkle of having K-State's old OC as an analyst. I'd expect a lot of weird OL motion and QB delayed runs that even Texas fans haven't seen before.

We'll see how it works.

One thing I don't get is...why the disrespect from the LSU side?  So many homers predicting blowouts, acting like the level they're at is so much higher than where we're at.
You've got Chaisson talking shit about how Ehlinger "isn't much of a threat....but that's not a shot at him...." and how he doesn't think we have a chance.
What the fuck has LSU done to warrant that type of attitude?  When did they become the New England Patriots?  
Yeah, they're talented as hell.  They've got a damn good defense and the offense seems to be improving.  It's going to take a heck of an effort from us to win this game.  
I just don't get how the majority of these guys dismiss our having any chance against them, like they're playing fucking Mississippi State or someone. 

Reminds me of when I was walking around the Rose Bowl and USC fans were so Uber-confident they didn’t even really get riled up. It hadn’t occurred to them whatsoever that we were going to beat them. Post-game was so so awesome. The shock on their faces was greatness.
  • Like 1

Texas vs the mighty sec sec sec inbreds.  

Alabama:  7-1-1

Auburn:  5-3

Arkansas:  56-22

Florida:  2-0-1

Georgia:  3-1

Kentucky:  1-0

LSU:  9-7-1

Ole Miss:  6-2

Miss St:  2-2

Missouri:  18-6

South Carolina:  0-1

Tenn:  2-1

aggy:  76-37-5

Vandy:  3-8-1

It just means more in the sec when Daddy Texas butt fucks them.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

LMAO... congrats on your 10 year success.  When you have 50+ years of ongoing success, you can then claim DBU.  Until then, shut fuck up and sit your ass in the back because you're sounding like aggy.  This is what separates blue blood programs like Texas from programs that have one good decade and suck shit through a straw the rest of the time.  You're in the same fucking class as Florida, Georgia, Aggy, Miami.  When you can sustain decades of success maybe you can sit at the table with Texas, ohio state, usc, bama, Michigan, ou, Notre Dame.  

2010 Mack Brown 5–7 2–6 6th (South)      
2011 Mack Brown 8–5 4–5 T-6th W Holiday    
2012 Mack Brown 9–4 5–4 T-3rd W Alamo 18 19
2013 Mack Brown 8–5 7–2 T-2nd L Alamo    
2014 Charlie Strong 6–7 5-4 T-6th L Texas    
2015 Charlie Strong 5–7 4–5 T-5th      
2016 Charlie Strong 5–7 3-6 T-6th      
2017 Tom Herman 7–6 5-4 T-4th W Texas    
2018 Tom Herman 10-4 7-2 2nd

congrats on your ten years of shitting the bed. wheres the "ongoing success"? Lsu hasnt missed a bowl game since the 90s.

i see ole miss levels of success here but without the SOS. i see a tremendous fall from grace and i understand now why you hold history so dear, because its all you fuckin have. 

• Fuck You 19

11 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

congrats on your ten years of shitting the bed. wheres the "ongoing success"? Lsu hasnt missed a bowl game since the 90s.

i see ole miss levels of success here but without the SOS. i see a tremendous fall from grace and i understand now why you hold history so dear, because its all you fuckin have. 

LOL, you won't find a single Texas fan here that doesn't know what our record was in probably the worst decade of our historic program.  And what was probably your second best decade, what did you exactly achieve?  How many conference, national championships, NY6 bowl wins?  So in one of your better decades, you achieved jack shit.  Glad we took the coach your AD and fans wanted so badly.  Luckily Herman is smart enough to know what the better program and school is.  And I'm going to enjoy watching Texas continue their upward trajectory to being back at the top where we've sat so long while I watch LSU continue to be Bama's bitch and now aggy's bitch with a coach that can't spell his own name that has failed at every program he's been at.  Come back when you can finish higher than 3rd in your division.  We'll be back playing for our 2 conference title this decade.... remind me how may LSU has played in this decade?

Edited by victory88

13 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

Are we talking about dbs in the nfl or not?  Nobody is happy with how those seasons went, that’s why we’ve fired 2 head coaches during that span. 

You know, reading the LSU boards I am actually starting to feel more confident by the day. Just a sense of calm watching the sec homers get all flustered with some Texas trolls. My goodness our “nerve and arrogance.”

Theres a defensive denial present that masks some pretty deep fear of being embarrassed. I’m just struck with what huge pussies they are turning out to be. 

Do you think a loss scares us after 3 years with Chuck? We as a fan base are grizzled, bitter and angry. We just want our team to smack you in your overrated, pussy ass mouth- for fun. Fuck if we win. If we do win, that’s fine.

Well see, but I’ll be fine with a hard fought, close loss while LSU will have egg on their face for anything less than a blow out. If you do lose I guess you can blame it on God or your folks. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 6

Are we talking about dbs in the nfl or not?  Nobody is happy with how those seasons went, that’s why we’ve fired 2 head coaches during that span. 

Not anymore...unless you want to move to the new thread since showing lsu fans stats that disprove their opinion is frowned upon in this thread

Just now, victory88 said:

And what was probably your second best decade, what did you exactly achieve? How many conference, national championships, NY6 bowl wins?  

the answer will always be the same, more than Texas did. 

Do you think a loss scares us after 3 years with Chuck? We as a fan base are grizzle, bitter, emotionless and angry. We just want our team to smack you in your overrated mouth- for fun. Fuck if we win. If we do win, that’s fine.

fuck yall even post like ole miss fans.

"think were scared of losing? fuck we lose so much its our culture now." 

• Fuck You 18

8 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

LMAO, no dude.  Tell us what you achieved in your mid tier program's second best decade compared to our worst?  I'd like to know how many new years bowls, national championships, and conference championships your mid level program has won to make you think can sit at the table with Texas?

In our worst decade of our program, we played for 1 conference championship and won 1 new years bowl game against a top 5 team.  We fired 2 coaches because we expect to be at the top like we always are.  Now tell me what LSU has achieved while being on top this decade?  Bc if the answer is nothing except 1 conference title and a NY6 bowl win against a fucking G6 school UCF... congrats.... your best years were comparable to our worst.  

Edited by victory88

19 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

You know, reading the LSU boards I am actually starting to feel more confident by the day. Just a sense of calm watching the sec homers get all flustered with some Texas trolls. My goodness our “nerve and arrogance.”

Theres a defensive denial present that masks some pretty deep fear of being embarrassed. I’m just struck with what huge pussies they are turning out to be. 

Do you think a loss scares us after 3 years with Chuck? We as a fan base are grizzle, bitter, emotionless and angry. We just want our team to smack you in your overrated mouth- for fun. Fuck if we win. If we do win, that’s fine.

Well see, but I’ll be fine with a hard fought, close loss while LSU will have egg on their face for anything less than a blow out. If you do lose I guess you can blame it God or your fokes. 

This is where I’m at. I feel like we are still a year away from being in the upper echelon of teams, but could surprise people this year if everything falls rightly, which isn’t happening in the running back room right now.

Losing isn’t the end of the world. We’re still getting better. But LSU has to win. Because heaven forbid they lose to a big 12 team with the depth and talent they have on defense this year, and because of what it will continue to do to the reputation of the invincible SEC if we beat two of their best three teams in consecutive years. We would have scoreboard on and A&M, LSU, Georgia, etc...

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Like 1

I thought LSU was something. Now that they have opened their mouths I am starting to think them and Aggy deserve each other. Our expectations from 2000 to 2009 were unsatisfying because we only won 2 conference championships and as good as 2005 NC was we know that we should have played in 2001 for one and won 2009 if Colt stays in the game. These guys have achieved nothing and they are talking like if they are USC and they can beat the Jedi Counsel. Fuck them I no longer hope for just a good game. I now want us to find a way to thump them and then get on their board and give them shit.

1 hour ago, geauxpack81 said:

I don't expect a lot of outside stuff in the conventional running game.  Herman is much more likely to use bubble screens and swing passes - especially swing screens to stress the LBs.  Cosmi is very good at moving and picking off smaller defenders in space.  Braun seems to have that ability also - coming from an option running team.  Don't be surprised to see quick throws to the backs with a motion TE lead and the OT and OG looking for the next defenders.  One advantage of smaller, faster OL is they don't need the extra time to get out in front of the ballcarrier on a screen.  It can be done from something that looks like a regular swing pass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

but youre not, and havent been, at the top are you?

We had two short dry spells since the early 80's with this one being the longest. What is really going to make it fun is that we are going to bring our dry spell to an end by screwing LSU and sending all you trolls back to your board. Don't worry after Saturday night we will be paying you guys a visit on the tiger board.

4 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

but youre not, and havent been, at the top are you?

Were you born on or after 2011?  We haven't been on top?  Would you like to compare all time wins, head to head records, national championships, conference championships, Heismans, rival game records, wins against top 10 teams, NY6 bowl wins?  

3 hours ago, jiffyjohnson said:

Lsu hasnt missed a bowl game since the 90s.

Since they schedule so many weak teams, missing a bowl would be a failure of epic proportions.  LSU usually plays 3 FCS / G5 autowins.  They have Ole Miss and Arkansas on the schedule every year.  That leaves them needing just one from MSU, aggy, Auburn, Florida, a scrub from the East most years or the one good OOC team they play.  That's an incredibly easy road to bowl eligibility.

At least recently, LSU has just experienced garden variety failure.  LSU has shit their pants multiple time but hasn't shit the bed.

33 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

fuck yall even post like ole miss fans.

"think were scared of losing? fuck we lose so much its our culture now." 

There’s no convincing you of anything.  Don’t worry if Texas wins this game you can always look out of your “office” window and yell at the gas pumps that y’all are the real DBU.  

25 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Were you born on or after 2011?  We haven't been on top?  Would you like to compare all time wins, head to head records, national championships, conference championships, Heismans, rival game records, wins against top 10 teams, NY6 bowl wins?  

Yeah, but other than, what do we got? We aren't in the SEC. Advantage LSU. 

Edited by Dahobbs

31 minutes ago, Poolflood said:

Don't forget to keep aggy

I'd personally write a check for you to take them back. Whatever our differences over high powered offense vs stifling defenses, or recent success and/or lack thereof may be, them sumbitches are strange. Really wasnt tryin to be a dick today but I know I got carried away cause I enjoy football shit talk and I'm happy this weekend is upon us. Again, nice site you got here, happy to eat my crow if we lose. Be kind to the LSU guys that visit this weekend and we'll surely return the favor next year boys 🍻

Edited by jiffyjohnson
  • Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You could say two (2013 against Baylor was a de facto conference title game)

In our latest and possibly worst decade we actually won a conference championship, played for two more, played in a national championship game, and won the Sugar Bowl. 

2009-2018 is a decade. 

Just now, jiffyjohnson said:

Like I said, you two should get back together. The references to one another is constant and unwavering. You two deserve each other far more than the SEC deserves to be subjected to that faux-military, dog banging fanbase. Fuckin refs. 7 godamn overtimes. 

Whatevs man.  Good luck.

i say that like a man talking to the new husband of his methed out, former stripper ex-wife.

6 minutes ago, jiffyjohnson said:

Like I said, you two should get back together. The references to one another is constant and unwavering. You two deserve each other far more than the SEC deserves to be subjected to that faux-military, dog banging fanbase. Fuckin refs. 7 godamn overtimes. 

74-72. Never forget cause aggy won't. LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jiffyjohnson said:

History, like 8 months ago when we skullfucked a better SEC team than yours?