Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 9/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Backyard 2017 the first day we got Finn:

277467854_backyard2017.thumb.JPG.ca1732001b209abd6e48a2f2cdbd227d.JPG

This summer:

2116134802_backyard2019.thumb.JPG.cc31224f15923f4f6f2495c6f37aa4a8.JPG

Landscape architect being hired to redo the whole damn thing this spring.

Looks like my back yard but I have a 6 foot circle of Bermuda holding on. 

Front has a cleared path cutting a diagonal right through the yard. It’s Art Deco

6:02 am. Alarm just went off, I'm laying in bed about to get up when the dogs outside suddenly go absolutely ape shit. Something is in the yard. I jump up, grab the flashlight and run out the back door onto the porch. I see a mountain lion walking through the yard while the two dogs, one on each side, hysterically bark at it.

I yell and they run onto the porch, I step aside and they race through the door. When I look back the up, the lion is gone.

I go back inside and they are both in bed with my daughter. They look at me like "please don't make us go back outside."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My daughter just called me at work to tell me that our Boston Terrier killed 2 squirrels in the backyard. One of them is...well, there's not much left of him. I've had plenty of dogs chase things but never really catch much. He's up to date on his shots but do I need to worry about any medical issues? Like, if he ate some squirrel, will he get sick? 

He's been after the squirrels for months, I saw one taunting him on the fence yesterday. I guess he done fucked up.

doing some training with little shit, harness training.... she fucking hates it.

48789449406_390cb7f5a8_z.jpg

Sadie had a large wart removed from her leg, so she is wearing the donut of shame.... little shit feels the need harass her more when she is in the donut.

48789087813_03798a32cb_z.jpg

and finally little shit realizes shes a little shit, and curls up on my leg to express her apology for being a little shit.

48789090208_3bf246f453_z.jpg

58 minutes ago, Sandman said:

My daughter just called me at work to tell me that our Boston Terrier killed 2 squirrels in the backyard. One of them is...well, there's not much left of him. I've had plenty of dogs chase things but never really catch much. He's up to date on his shots but do I need to worry about any medical issues? Like, if he ate some squirrel, will he get sick? 

He's been after the squirrels for months, I saw one taunting him on the fence yesterday. I guess he done fucked up.

Just keep an eye on him. Should be ok. If you have a concern, call your vet and ask.

7 hours ago, Sandman said:

Yeah, he may puke, but he'll just eat the puke and then be fine.

Also,

Two less squirrels!

44 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

She’s half lab and half German Shepherd, probably 65-75 pounds.

All the looks of a lab and all the anxious personality of a GS.

She’s super smart and obedient but she’s a nervous wreck and hates going outside and riding in cars.

Total weirdo but I love her.

I think if Toby could ride in a car and play ball outside every day all day, he would achieve peak dog happiness. He goes completely apeshit when he hears the word car and will just about do back flips at the door to go out it. Car, eat, and ball are the three words that get his attention every time.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:51 PM, Sandman said:

I'm sure he'll be fine, but keep an eye on him.  Of the three dogs we have now, not one of them cares about squirrels, even the retriever mix.  Those things run around our yard with abandon.  I've never seen dogs who ignored squirrels before.

Didnt get a picture as i had to keep both hands on rocky to keep him from visiting every dog/ vet tech

Had to take him to first vet visit as he developed what i/vet to be kennel cough from running around with the other country dogs.

Second day of antibiotics and steroids and havent heard him cough once today

Pic of him in distance while i pray he doesnt get kicked by neighbors horse's he just cant stay away from for lack of vet pic

ef2d64a3f1fb5918fad989285c79a00d.jpg