Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

3 hours ago, Dewey said:

She makes herself a home wherever she goes. Shes so badass, she got my mother thinking about adopting as opposed to spending on another westie. All dogs are great btw. 16ae1726e6531c36a9e38b33f3056b66.jpg

Cool looking hound.  Looks like a cross between a westie and a blue heeler.   What is it?  

This is Snoop Dog, our 18lb poodle-mix rescue. Our friend found him as a matted mess on the streets of Fifth Ward w/ heart worms in January. She worked with a rescue as the foster until he was through his treatments and healthy enough for adoption. Such a chill dog. I have no idea how we go so lucky.

a941ea847a39ddf5216e857eff2db243.jpg

342b4f73617fc4f71834b63d53304ba9.jpg

51d6395e017f98eb1bc5b4ef8676d3a8.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/4/2019 at 8:16 PM, gsoda3 said:

we put down our golden today.  cancer.  almost made it to 12.  was given to us by a friend when she was 8 weeks old before we had kids.  as we had kids she was awesome with them.  couldn't have asked for a better friend for them.  sleep well sweetheart.

Makes me miss my old golden.  She was the best.

Walter is now 8 months old and is still puppying around with the hearing ability of his great great grandpa (according to my wife we don’t listen, we just hear. But that’s for another thread). He found his bark but fortunately still sits to pee like all of you degenerates.

e80055a15df38ab5712cc976a4489450.jpg

• Like 4

On 8/12/2019 at 1:49 PM, hopkinsnhorns said:

This is Snoop Dog, our 18lb poodle-mix rescue. Our friend found him as a matted mess on the streets of Fifth Ward w/ heart worms in January. She worked with a rescue as the foster until he was through his treatments and healthy enough for adoption. Such a chill dog. I have no idea how we go so lucky.

a941ea847a39ddf5216e857eff2db243.jpg

342b4f73617fc4f71834b63d53304ba9.jpg

51d6395e017f98eb1bc5b4ef8676d3a8.jpg

I imagine Snoop Dog feels the same. (on being lucky)

Love the coat; very distinguished.

Little man had a big day while the wife and I were at work yesterday...

The scene:

d9fa0d38611fedce6e35c3461e20b7b0.jpg

The guilty party (caught red handed with the sticker still stuck to his paw):

04771a3e103fa3744d8fb2d5da3ac005.jpg

190b985c793a5e01925c6fad0e74eb52.jpg

Snoop needs to wise up and learn how to hide the evidence of he ever wants to get away with it.

*He filled up on 1.5 blueberry muffins. Didn’t have room to eat any chips.

• Like 6

So I occasionally watch this youtube channel because the guy has 4 labs that he will have do different things (pool, puzzles, ball chasing, etc) and get their reactions.

Dags are well cared for, but he and his wife just had a baby about a month ago, and I think the stress of that caused him and his wife to not fully pay attention to his female lab.

He posted 5 days ago that she was preggo (father is the only non-fixed male of the 3), which they had talked about wanting to do for the last year or so, but they managed to not notice she was almost 20 pounds heavier than normal, and about to give birth.

Mama gave birth yesterday, 8 puppers 4 yellow, 4 black ( mom is yellow, dad is black)

and they have a live pupper cam going.

• Like 1

Lady and Maddie are great names.

I especially love Ladybird - I’d have a hard time using the diminutive because Ladybird is just so awesome.

Ever since my PWD Murphy passed, I’ve been trying to sweet talk the husband into getting another one.

He’s not on board.

My youngest goes off to college next year so I’m gonna get one no matter what he says!

Piper is a rescue and I know that it’s better than buying from a breeder but Murphy was such an awesome pup that I really want another PWD.

If I balance out a dog from a breeder with a rescue then I won’t feel too guilty.

Neighbor said a stray was living around the elementary school by the house for 3 weeks, but no one could catch him. Went over today and had a leash on him in 3 minutes. Took him to the animal center. He was micro chipped, and they called the owner. Apparently, he had dumped the dog. People suck. Anyway, his name is Jax, and he will be available for adoption on Thursday. He is very affectionate. Climbed up in my lap while we waited at the animal center.

He was already neutered, and had the cleanest teeth of any dog I've seen. Obviously, someone cared about him for a while.

20190818_124911.jpg

Edited by Deej
  • Like 3

Sigh.  It's doodle time.  Wife and daughter have joined forces and my worthless son is teetering on the edge of siding with them.  So.  If we're getting a doodle, I'm looking hard at a Pyredoodle.  Anyone have first hand exposure to these?

Pryrenees and poodle.  Pyre's are outstanding guard and family dogs.  Be great at the ranch.  Big, but manageable.  Hearing the poodle mellows them out considerably without removing all the great qualities of the Prye side.  Maybe a big black one (which of course will be names Dahlia).