Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

25 minutes ago, angryhomer said:

Any actual news or just more idiots trying to one up each other with overused memes and gifs?

I love this guy. If I remember correctly, he would randomly show up on the Astros thread on Shaggy and just start coldcocking people and it was glorious.

• Like 2

So yeah. This is who we were talking about. Surprise.
Anyways, here's our breakdown of him.
http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/05/hookem-arizona-te-brayden-liebrock-commits-texas/

Spoiler

It didn’t take take long in his official visit for Brayden Liebrock to realize that he was home. Tim Beck and the Longhorns’ staff beat out teams like Ohio State, Notre Dame, Arizona State, California, USC, and LSU for the commitment of the fast rising 6’5″ 220-pound TE out of Arizona  to help secure a position of need.

Liebrock absolutely blew up earlier this Spring when people started to really notice him dominating the 7on7 scene. It makes sense that it was 7on7 where he was first noticed because he has all the attributes that go into making a great receiving threat. Myself and everyone who has watched Liebrock live or on film have come away impressed with his ability down the field. First off like most great tight ends, he’s a mismatch, which I’ve been told becomes really apparent inside the 20 because he’s a “red-zone nightmare.”  Liebrock has a knack for finding the soft spots in the defense, combined with some crazy hands and receiving capability. He’s a fluid route runner and looks natural finding a way to get separation. He also knows how to bring in some tough catches. He’s like Cade Brewer where he has highlight reel level catching ability and can make defenses pay after he comes down with the ball. Brayden will likely be compared quite a bit with Cade Brewer, but Brayden is a lot more fluid than Cade Brewer whereas Cade Brewer has higher motor and more grit.

That isn’t to say that Liebrock doesn’t know how to block. In fact, Liebrock is more than willing blocker. His height makes it a bit difficult to get his pads low enough to really take on a guy who is a lot stronger, but (again) like Cade Brewer, Liebrock has the fire that is needed to be a good blocking tight end and is particularly good when it comes to setting an edge. Still he’s a work in progress in that area judging from his Junior year. I assume when he gets to Texas he will follow a similar path to Cade Brewer.

Liebrock has the ability to put his hand in the dirt or line up outside and grab the jump ball. Texas will likely want to use him in both areas as they have shown a propensity to do with guys like Cade Brewer or Reese Leitao; however, he will need to clean up his game in the trenches before he’s ready for the next level. This comes with learning the more finesse side of blocking and getting more muscle on his bones.

With Brayden Liebrock in the fold, Texas has a good start to their TE class. Now their targets are set on Temple HS’s Jared Wiley who would be the yin to Liebrock’s yang.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I wonder how Jared Wiley responds now. His best offer is Texas. Maybe he's the anti-Brennan Eagles and he's going to "damn TCU."

https://247sports.com/Player/Jared-Wiley-46050525

Is it that Wiley won't want to come here in a two TE class, or is it Texas possibly not wanting a second TE in the class? 

I'd go ahead and take Wiley as well if he wants to come, assuming Liebrock is on board with it 

17 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

So yeah. This is who we were talking about. Surprise.
Anyways, here's our breakdown of him.
http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/05/hookem-arizona-te-brayden-liebrock-commits-texas/

Hide contents

It didn’t take take long in his official visit for Brayden Liebrock to realize that he was home. Tim Beck and the Longhorns’ staff beat out teams like Ohio State, Notre Dame, Arizona State, California, USC, and LSU for the commitment of the fast rising 6’5″ 220-pound TE out of Arizona  to help secure a position of need.

Liebrock absolutely blew up earlier this Spring when people started to really notice him dominating the 7on7 scene. It makes sense that it was 7on7 where he was first noticed because he has all the attributes that go into making a great receiving threat. Myself and everyone who has watched Liebrock live or on film have come away impressed with his ability down the field. First off like most great tight ends, he’s a mismatch, which I’ve been told becomes really apparent inside the 20 because he’s a “red-zone nightmare.”  Liebrock has a knack for finding the soft spots in the defense, combined with some crazy hands and receiving capability. He’s a fluid route runner and looks natural finding a way to get separation. He also knows how to bring in some tough catches. He’s like Cade Brewer where he has highlight reel level catching ability and can make defenses pay after he comes down with the ball. Brayden will likely be compared quite a bit with Cade Brewer, but Brayden is a lot more fluid than Cade Brewer whereas Cade Brewer has higher motor and more grit.

That isn’t to say that Liebrock doesn’t know how to block. In fact, Liebrock is more than willing blocker. His height makes it a bit difficult to get his pads low enough to really take on a guy who is a lot stronger, but (again) like Cade Brewer, Liebrock has the fire that is needed to be a good blocking tight end and is particularly good when it comes to setting an edge. Still he’s a work in progress in that area judging from his Junior year. I assume when he gets to Texas he will follow a similar path to Cade Brewer.

Liebrock has the ability to put his hand in the dirt or line up outside and grab the jump ball. Texas will likely want to use him in both areas as they have shown a propensity to do with guys like Cade Brewer or Reese Leitao; however, he will need to clean up his game in the trenches before he’s ready for the next level. This comes with learning the more finesse side of blocking and getting more muscle on his bones.

With Brayden Liebrock in the fold, Texas has a good start to their TE class. Now their targets are set on Temple HS’s Jared Wiley who would be the yin to Liebrock’s yang.

"Brayden is a lot more fluid than Cade Brewer whereas Cade Brewer has higher motor and more grit."

Hold on, are you telling me that Cade Brewer is whiter than Brayden Liebrock???

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I wonder how Jared Wiley responds now. His best offer is Texas. Maybe he's the anti-Brennan Eagles and he's going to "damn TCU."

https://247sports.com/Player/Jared-Wiley-46050525

Comparing Liebrock & Wiley's offer list, who really gives a shit what Wiley does? He can come be TE2 in the class, or go to SMU. 

2 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

"Brayden is a lot more fluid than Cade Brewer whereas Cade Brewer has higher motor and more grit."

Hold on, are you telling me that Cade Brewer is whiter than Brayden Liebrock???

Cade Brewer is like two coaches on the field, while Brayden merely brings his lunch pail with him to football practice every day. 

• Like 3