Texas recruiting notes 2019

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I wonder if someone on staff needs to do a better job of proactively explaining this to recruits, potential recruits, and parents.

erm so you really believe that post by IT, eh? It also included this gem, in context:

"Texas has to play by different rules because you're not going to see uncommittable in-state offers from this staff. Part of that is ethical, part of that is self-preservation with Texas high school coaches, and part of that is the staff just generally not being in a hurry to offer younger players. 

The staff puts a high priority on program/culture fit. They want to take their time with evaluations. They want to gather as much information as possible."

😂

I think most surlyhorns readers know when the 9.95ers, including the ones on the UT beat, are shoveling shit into their subscribers' inbox.

• Fuck You 9

10 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

😂

You’re a fan of one of the most penalized programs ever. Seems like a little deference should be in order. The laughing until I’m crying emoji doesn’t quite relate that. You’re not in the echo chamber here

• Like 1

E.J. Holland: Rising DL Z'Core Brooks to visit Texas this weekend

Texas is set to host one of the most intriguing prospects in the state. Horns247 has learned that three-star Dallas Woodrow Wilson defensive lineman Z-Core Brooks will be making an unofficial visit to UT this weekend. Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles evaluated Brooks this spring and has been in constant contact. Brooks currently holds offers from Oklahoma State, Florida International, Purdue, SMU and UTSA. At 6-foot-6, 220 pounds, Brooks is ranked as the No. 58 weak-side defensive end in the country and No. 104 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

18 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

You’re a fan of one of the most penalized programs ever. Seems like a little deference should be in order. The laughing until I’m crying emoji doesn’t quite relate that. You’re not in the echo chamber here

What has that got to do with what I posted? My post was about over the top making stuff up by one of the Longhorn beat writers. Makes for a nice story. But most here seem to get it that it's good fiction.

You do realize that if you accept all that was written in that post as 100% accurate, no grains of salt added, that it doesn't really add up, don't you?

For example, I see 7 in-state WRs and 2 in-state pass-catching TEs with UT offers. You seriously believe all those offers are fully committable? That's more WRs signed than even Sumlin ever did in one season, and posters here regularly skewered him for signing lots of WRs... lol.

Or that UT coaches thought nothing of the decommitment/recommitment drama of Arjei Henderson and Theo Wease? Everything checked out there? Or perhaps they just liked the game those two have?

UT coaches also have 10 offers out for in-state DBs. Plus apparently furiously recruiting DBs from elsewhere. If all of them decided to commit to UT tomorrow is Herman going to accept them all?!

Edited by PHLaggie
apparently i pissed off some IT paid readers...lol
  • Fuck You 5

11 minutes ago, mr. sunshine said:

Also your school, for all of the bluster, has won all of one legit national title in football and that was when John Sharp’s wife was learning to suck dick in a stagecoach. Fuck you you fucking fuck

name checks out? lol

lots of sunshine to ya for yer team, pardner.

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

What has that got to do with what I posted? My post was about over the top making stuff up by one of the Longhorn beat writers. Makes for a nice story. But most here seem to get it that it's good fiction.

You do realize that if you accept all that was written in that post as 100% accurate, no grains of salt added, that it doesn't really add up, don't you?

For example, I see 7 in-state WRs and 2 in-state pass-catching TEs with UT offers. You seriously believe all those offers are fully committable? That's more WRs signed than even Sumlin ever did in one season, and posters here regularly skewered him for signing lots of WRs... lol.

Or that UT coaches thought nothing of the decommitment/recommitment drama of Arjei Henderson and Theo Wease? Everything checked out there? Or perhaps they just liked the game those two have?

UT coaches also have 10 offers out for in-state DBs. Plus apparently furiously recruiting DBs from elsewhere. If all of them decided to commit to UT tomorrow is Herman going to accept them all?!

Sometimes it's better to ask questions instead of making assumptions. Do they not teach that in farm school?

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Sometimes it's better to ask questions instead of making assumptions. Do they not teach that in farm school?

Lots of assumptions being made on this board, in jest or otherwise, all the time. No questions asked. :)

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

I'm a visitor here as well, but I would think your tiny brain could come up with some worthwhile discussion without being a total, flaming jackass.

two posts above that one seemed more worthwhile but you seemed to have missed those. But, no worries, for you'll surely earn upvotes for this post. Good strategy, Princess! Or is that a Trojan horse...hmm! Also a good strategy!

• Fuck You 9

14 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

I think the caveat is that offers are committable when they're made, but they have an expiration date.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Rising DL Z'Core Brooks to visit Texas this weekend

Reveal hidden contents

Texas is set to host one of the most intriguing prospects in the state. Horns247 has learned that three-star Dallas Woodrow Wilson defensive lineman Z-Core Brooks will be making an unofficial visit to UT this weekend. Texas defensive line coach Oscar Giles evaluated Brooks this spring and has been in constant contact. Brooks currently holds offers from Oklahoma State, Florida International, Purdue, SMU and UTSA. At 6-foot-6, 220 pounds, Brooks is ranked as the No. 58 weak-side defensive end in the country and No. 104 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

He's a take on name alone which is probably the name of an exercise supplement or weight machine.

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Long Cali weekend in June: 

June 8th : Satellite Camp with Herman's alma mater Cal Lutheran 

June 10th : Satellite Camp with USC

I'm liking these satellite camps. No joke, need to do a satellite camp with Hawaii and get the pipeline flowing from the Aloha State. (Note: Mount Kilauea is on Big Island and the University of Hawai'i at Manoa Honolulu Manoa is on Oahu.)

SIAP:

https://247sports.com/Player/Bryce-Nelms-46050238

New Jersey, so Mehringer finally paying off?

Edited by UDontKnow

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I think the caveat is that offers are committable when they're made, but they have an expiration date.

So, in other words, Herman wants recruits to commit soon after an offer is made-- or he too looks around, seeking out other recruits for the same position(s)?

• Fuck You 8

Just now, UDontKnow said:

He's a take on name alone which is probably the name of an exercise supplement or weight machine.

I'm liking these satellite camps. No joke, need to do a satellite camp with Hawaii and get the pipeline flowing from the Aloha State. (Note: Mount Kilauea is on Big Island and the University of Hawai'i at Manoa is on Oahu.)

Interesting idea. I assume Honolulu would be the best location for a Hawaii Satellite Camp Hosted by El Mahico. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Interesting idea. I assume Honolulu would be the best location for a Hawaii Satellite Camp Hosted by El Mahico. 

My bad, I didn't realize that Honolulu location is the Hawaiian flagship. It took is on Oahu, so still safe from Kilauea.

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm liking these satellite camps. No joke, need to do a satellite camp with Hawaii and get the pipeline flowing from the Aloha State. (Note: Mount Kilauea is on Big Island and the University of Hawai'i at Manoa is on Oahu.)

SIAP:

https://247sports.com/Player/Bryce-Nelms-46050238

New Jersey, so Mehringer finally paying off?

30D, 4k, intergalactic Dejarik in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

two posts above that one seemed more worthwhile but you seemed to have missed those. But, no worries, for you'll surely earn upvotes for this post. Good strategy, Princess! Or is that a Trojan horse...hmm! Also a good strategy!

Gtfo aggy.  Tired of your shit.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I'm liking these satellite camps. No joke, need to do a satellite camp with Hawaii and get the pipeline flowing from the Aloha State. (Note: Mount Kilauea is on Big Island and the University of Hawai'i at Honolulu Manoa is on Oahu.)

Not that it really matters, but the name of the university is the University of Hawai'i at Manoa. Not Honolulu.

Manoa is the neighborhood in the city of Honolulu that houses the university.

Totally agree about the satellite camps, wiki wiki.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Not that it really matters, but the name of the university is the University of Hawai'i at Manoa. Not Honolulu.

Manoa is the neighborhood in the city of Honolulu that houses the university.

Totally agree about the satellite camps, wiki wiki.

This is one schtick I can get behind.  +rep for orginality.

1 hour ago, TrojanPrincess said:

I'm a visitor here as well, but I would think your tiny brain could come up with some worthwhile discussion without being a total, flaming jackass.

You’re going to make some man very happy one day.  If you drink bourbon, make pancakes, and remember to record the right programming... fuck.  Just don’t let any depraved idiot from this board try to slide into your inbox.  And don’t let them message you either.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

erm so you really believe that post by IT, eh? It also included this gem, in context:

"Texas has to play by different rules because you're not going to see uncommittable in-state offers from this staff. Part of that is ethical, part of that is self-preservation with Texas high school coaches, and part of that is the staff just generally not being in a hurry to offer younger players. 

The staff puts a high priority on program/culture fit. They want to take their time with evaluations. They want to gather as much information as possible."

😂

I think most surlyhorns readers know when the 9.95ers, including the ones on the UT beat, are shoveling shit into their subscribers' inbox.

The offer numbers are public 

1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

You’re going to make some man very happy one day.  If you drink bourbon, make pancakes, and remember to record the right programming... fuck.  Just don’t let any depraved idiot from this board try to slide into your inbox.  And don’t let them message you either.

reachingforwater.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If you don't hate on Giles, you're Longhorn fanning all wrong.

Giles and Aggy sucking are two of our most basic beliefs. 

Respect Thy Commandments. 

Giles had me after tackling Robison after the fumble recovery against OSU.

3 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

This is why I have nice things, and you don't.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Citizens band. 

Its an ancient, obsolete, and mostly defunct form of communication used by our ancestors to take coors beer east of Texarkana safely. 

Ahhh, Coors beer runs. Good memories.

6 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

ag and princess--you two need to get a room.

• Haha 1