Texas recruiting notes 2019

10 minutes ago, Fud said:

Maybe he or Glass. Or Major if OU doesn't land him. They've been selling Cain as being part of a two RB class, so maybe they'd take him regardless? 

I like Doerue better than Glass. I could see Major having a really nice senior season/film. 

I'm concerned with Cain's dad and LSU. He still lives in New Orleans, I wouldn't rule out 25th hour shenanigans. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

I like Doerue better than Glass. I could see Major having a really nice senior season/film. 

I'm concerned with Cain's dad. He still lives in New Orleans, I wouldn't rule out 25th hour shenanigans. 

Not sure what to make of Major, considering he plays 2A ball in fucking Oklahoma. Not a big fan of Glass, although when watching meh junior hudl, you should keep in mind that he played most of last year injured. I know Drayton has visited King at least twice, so he's definitely on the radar. I like him, but I'd like to see more of him. 

At least Cain is EE, so we'll have January to find a replacement if we miss on him 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Not sure what to make of Major, considering he plays 2A ball in fucking Oklahoma. Not a big fan of Glass, although when watching meh junior hudl, you should keep in mind that he played most of last year injured. I know Drayton has visited King at least twice, so he's definitely on the radar. I like him, but I'd like to see more of him. 

At least Cain is EE, so we'll have January to find a replacement if we miss on him 

Another Katy RB with a lingering injury issue. Yeah, no thanks. That program is a meat grinder on RBs. 

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

247 apparently had a employee best shoes competition and he didn't win and he's saying that's ridiculous because he has shoes by all of these expensive streetwear brands. Nevermind that they're ugly as sin most of the time...

That man is 100%,  Special Olympic, gay. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Another Katy RB with a lingering injury issue. Yeah, no thanks. That program is a meat grinder on RBs. 

After Rodney Anderson turned out to be a baller, I've decided to not dismiss these guys out of hand. I'd like to see how Glass looks when healthy. 

I think Glass and/or Major is probably the bet, but I think you'd also see the staff press Daniel Carter (Kenny McIntosh may take his spot at the U) to see if he has any further interest, esp as the RB rooms fill up around the country. Tyreese Jackson would also not be a surprise and I also think you'd see George Holani get a call as well. The dominoes are going to fall pretty clearly/quickly and right now there are more RBs than spots for that first tier so it might be a year where you see Herman and staff hold a spot to see what happens between NSD1 and NSD2 at the RB spot. 

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

What about Barlow for RB?

Barlow and Brown have a jkb wannabe (and jkb is a Lyles wannabe) that is keeping everyone at arm's length with them. Their trip to TCU sounds like it was a clown show. Brown also doesn't want to play defense. As a CB Brown's a take -- as a WR he's a guy that you'd wish would play CB. Barlow, Foster, and Brown were all at Arky this past weekend and that would be a spot where they could all 3 play together. 

James Sylveter (2020 DE) is the real chess piece at Newton. If he keeps his head on his straight he has elite potential.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

What did he say?

There were reports out there that Gbenda would be at Texas A&M this weekend. However, the four-star inside linebacker told me he plans to make an unofficial visit to Texas this weekend. This is obviously big for the Longhorns as A&M has evened the race and has momentum on its side. Texas needs to hit a home run while he's on campus.

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

There were reports out there that Gbenda would be at Texas A&M this weekend. However, the four-star inside linebacker told me he plans to make an unofficial visit to Texas this weekend. This is obviously big for the Longhorns as A&M has evened the race and has momentum on its side. Texas needs to hit a home run while he's on campus.

Post EJ's replies. Plenty of lulz.

Edited by billfromlaketravis

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

giphy.gif

Would either school take his commitment right now?

Both... he's a top priority, especially with the lack of quality LBs across the region. - EJ

This is a good question. Other sites have hinted no.

I would bet a year's supply of frappes that he remains a key target and a take for Texas - EJ

Are you a useless stupid fucking doucheknuckle? 

Yes. - EJ

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Maybe these professional writers should learn new ways of description besides "blown away" and "knocked it out of the park" since they use those for just about every visit.

I'm really starting to think JShuttleworth and company's chance of signing percentages should be used more.

2 minutes ago, dad said:

Is there proof that EJ likes women?

he has an imaginary fiancee. had her on his podcast to "introduce" her. she sounded female. 

Disclaimer: while E.J. is annoying at times, I realize i'm an old man, and dont always jibe with the kids these days. 

24 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i just google image searched raf simons winter coat and i want you to know that you should feel bad.

If this doesn't scream 'high fashion', I don't know what does.

00240m.jpg

Edited by satyanash

Jumped on the frappe grenade...nothing really. Gbenda visiting Texas not aggy this weekend. Thinks there could be a couple commits, Shepherd and Caldwell being possibilities. Other than that he made fun of Toilet Bitch a couple times and his 0-15....God what a waste of ten minutes

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Jumped on the frappe grenade...nothing really. Gbenda visiting Texas not aggy this weekend. Thinks there could be a couple commits, Shepherd and Caldwell being possibilities. Other than that he made fun of Toilet Bitch a couple times and his 0-15....God what a waste of ten minutes

Did he at least try to fight anyone yelling at him to "get off our prorerty"?