Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

EJ after dark: New Crystal Ball pick in for Texas

— While there is a long way to go in his recruiting process and we could see some twists and turns, I switched my Crystal Ball pick from Texas A&M to Texas for five-star 2020 Houston North Forest wide receiver Demond Demas. Texas made a huge impression on him last weekend and if the Longhorns do land his teammate and good friend Javonne Shepherd, UT should have the inside track. Of course, it is imperative for Texas to win on the field this year.

— Elite 2020 defensive back Dwight McGlothern plans to release his top schools soon. Texas should make the cut, but the Longhorns have some work to do as schools like Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M all seem to be in a better position at some point in the process. McGlothern is listed as a corner but is being recruited as a safety. He wants to make a visit at some point after the dead period.

— Texas recently put an offer on the table for four-star Cibolo Steele cornerback Jaylon Jones, and it just made sense for us to put in Crystal Ball picks. He has several ties to the program and has built a great relationship with Jason Washington. But I caught up with his father, who told me that Florida is actually his dream school. Jones was born in Jacksonville and notched an offer from the Gators last week. They will be a huge threat in his recruitment.

— We didn’t mention him last weekend, but 2021 Katy Tompkins defensive lineman Tunmise Adeleye made his way to Austin for the Heat Wave pool party. Adeleye holds early offers from Alabama, Baylor, Houston and Texas A&M. He is on the radar and definitely a name to file away.

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

EJ after dark: New Crystal Ball pick in for Texas

Hide contents

— While there is a long way to go in his recruiting process and we could see some twists and turns, I switched my Crystal Ball pick from Texas A&M to Texas for five-star 2020 Houston North Forest wide receiver Demond Demas. Texas made a huge impression on him last weekend and if the Longhorns do land his teammate and good friend Javonne Shepherd, UT should have the inside track. Of course, it is imperative for Texas to win on the field this year.

— Elite 2020 defensive back Dwight McGlothern plans to release his top schools soon. Texas should make the cut, but the Longhorns have some work to do as schools like Alabama, LSU and Texas A&M all seem to be in a better position at some point in the process. McGlothern is listed as a corner but is being recruited as a safety. He wants to make a visit at some point after the dead period.

— Texas recently put an offer on the table for four-star Cibolo Steele cornerback Jaylon Jones, and it just made sense for us to put in Crystal Ball picks. He has several ties to the program and has built a great relationship with Jason Washington. But I caught up with his father, who told me that Florida is actually his dream school. Jones was born in Jacksonville and notched an offer from the Gators last week. They will be a huge threat in his recruitment.

— We didn’t mention him last weekend, but 2021 Katy Tompkins defensive lineman Tunmise Adeleye made his way to Austin for the Heat Wave pool party. Adeleye holds early offers from Alabama, Baylor, Houston and Texas A&M. He is on the radar and definitely a name to file away.

Hide contents

2020 thread 

TFB Open Post: http://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/06/open-post-weekend-june-23rd-24th/

– One under the radar 2019 recruit that visited Texas over the weekend is someone who I feel is about to blow up. It is Independence CC (KS) OLB Kuony Deng. He’s a 6’6 230 pound outside linebacker that runs a 4.6 40-yard dash and is just a freak athlete. He holds only 8 offers, and before Friday his biggest one was from either Florida Atlantic or Temple. On Friday, Texas A&M offered after he took an unofficial visit. I think Texas could be next, especially since it isn’t a great year for linebacker’s in the state.

I talked with Deng after the visit, he told me “It went well, I really enjoyed it!” He said there was definitely some talk of an offer, saying “Coach Giles said they want to get the film from our spring game. To watch me play from snap to snap, but he’s confident that they’ll get an offer out soon.” An offer from Texas could be a big one for Deng, and I think it would be smart. As I said before, I feel like the floodgates are about to open with this recruitment.

Deng told me Texas would likely get an official visit from him if they offer. Telling me “It’s a really good program, with a rich history.”

Deng has been playing football since the 4th grade but had a major change when he came to college. He told me he played wide receiver growing up and while in high school, and didn’t make the change to outside linebacker until college. That’s one reason he’s still a pretty raw prospect overall. But like I said before, he’s 6’6 230 who runs a 4.6 and I think he could wreak havoc off the edge.

Deng would like to take one or two official visits before the summer ends, but he’s not sure where to just yet. One thing we know is that it won’t be to Texas. As Rian Davis and Lewis Cine were the final two official visit slots they had available. – (Andrew)

Any reason why Caldwell is rated so low in state? His measurables are above average, maybe even great. His tape is my fave DB tape of this class. He’s violent but also tracks the ball really well. It took Kris Boyd three seasons on the 40 to do that consistently.

6 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Any reason why Caldwell is rated so low in state? His measurables are above average, maybe even great. His tape is my fave DB tape of this class. He’s violent but also tracks the ball really well. It took Kris Boyd three seasons on the 40 to do that consistently.

Committed to Oregon early, shut his recruitment down, and doesn't attend camps is the party line on that. No idea if there's more to it.

5 minutes ago, ousux said:
17 minutes ago, The University said:
maybe it's just me, but the difference in charlotte's expression between those edits is priceless.

Problem is, dad looks happy and was missing from the UT visit.

Dad's thinking about the new Audi being parked in his driveway in Cibolo while that picture was being taken.

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
21 minutes ago, The University said:
maybe it's just me, but the difference in charlotte's expression between those edits is priceless.

Problem is, dad looks happy and was missing from the UT visit.

Think that's moms boyfriend.  Didn't papa Leal come to the Texas OV and then made a twitter that we all thought was DeMarvin creating a 2nd one?

• Like 2