Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

On 11/28/2018 at 5:39 AM, Bob Lives! said:

Am I understanding correctly that all you sandy vaginas have given up on Bru b/c Kliff visited USC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bru is OV’ing at UCLA this weekend.  I think he stays local.  And by local, I’m guessing SC.  He pushed his visit there to next weekend so they could get their coaching staff in order.  My guess is KK closes him.  We really need a stud WR.

Edited by Sbbruin

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Bru is OV’ing at UCLA this weekend.  I think he stays local.  And by local, I’m guessing SC.  He pushed his visit there to next weekend so they could get their coaching staff in order.  My guess is KK closes him.  We really need a stud WR.

Has he actually been hired yet?

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

No

I thought it was done.  I hope not.  But part of me wants him to be hired.  I know the Trojan alumni base and they will eat his shit up.  It will be so comical when the BMD’s are all crowded around KK and Helton is pouting in the corner.  The BMDs run that program.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 1

I thought it was done.  I hope not.  But part of me wants him to be hired.  I know the Trojan alumni base and they will eat his shit up.  It will be so comical when the BMD’s are all crowded around KK and Helton is pouting in the corner.  The BMDs run that program.

The longer there’s not an announcement on his hiring the more this feels like the cumbie fiasco.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

He must be pretty fast if he is on the South Oak record setting 4x100 and 4x200 teams and long jumped 18.55.

In terms of competing in the long jump at the high school level, 18.55 is pretty shit and his 100 time is barely under 12s. Anyone have a OLB/DE prospect to compare either of those numbers to?

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=12715384#!/L0

23 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

If he’s hired they will score 70 points on you guys next year. You want him in the NFL. 

39 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Since when did we start recruiting Steven Parker? Why was a 6’4 220+lbs DE committed to Tech?

this is why I like sunshine on my ass. E.J. has given the whole story on this kid, and that we have been in contact with him for awhile.

He is originally from Tech-ville. that's why he committed there so early. totally bought in on Tech cus of feels.

that he decommitted is good for us. cus I think we are the main other player in the equation. unless some on the more tuned in guys got other info.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FCB said:

this is why I like sunshine on my ass. E.J. has given the whole story on this kid, and that we have been in contact with him for awhile.

He is originally from Tech-ville. that's why he committed there so early. totally bought in on Tech cus of feels.

that he decommitted is good for us. cus I think we are the main other player in the equation. unless some on the more tuned in guys got other info.

swhut I hurd

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FCB said:

Don’t think this was on my “John Denver’s Greatest Hits” double-album. Some of the olds might remember better than me.

5 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Because Texas did worse last night.

UGA rushing 153 yards on 39 attempts against bama's defense.

Texas rushing 88 yards on 32 attempts against OU's defense.

Yeah I know, I'm being facetious. Recruits virtually never make a choice based on one game. Overall, we're selling continued OL improvement and a friendly depth chart even if yesterday the ground game misfired.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yeah I know, I'm being facetious. Recruits virtually never make a choice based on one game. Overall, we're selling continued OL improvement even if yesterday the ground game misfired.

Yeah, I have been reading the football board and it's become hard to tell the difference. But man UGAs O line is light years a head of us but they are stacked at running back and we aren't so cain would be a day 1 starter for us and hopefully we can sell him on that.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Play nickel and actually rush Murray instead of trying to contain him. We got to him a few times when we actually attempted a pass rush.

16 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Dime has looked like shit all year and for some reason Orlando kept wanting to come back to it in this game. Wish we would have played Ossai some as well.

Admittedly I was fairly inebriated yesterday. When did we play dime? All I saw was nickle and kept wishing we'd run dime to put more speed on the edge while still having someone athletic enough to spy Murray. 

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Admittedly I was fairly inebriated yesterday. When did we play dime? All I saw was nickle and kept wishing we'd run dime to put more speed on the edge while still having someone athletic enough to spy Murray. 

We ran nickel most of the time. But we were in dime during that one drive at the end of the half when blOU went 80 yards in 41 seconds with no timeouts.