Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 minute ago, CastHorn said:

All y’all niggas discussing Kliffs sexual potential in Southern California is the weirdest shit. Hopefully that Bru tweet means he’s still strongly considering Texas.

And yet, somehow, it was more interesting than talking about exactly what shade of the spread he runs and whether NFL teams are successful with it.

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

While I agree that Kingsbury being discussed over the last 3 pages is not ideal, it is highly relevant for Texas when it comes to recruiting, should he ink with USC. Adimora, Smith, McCoy are all going to listen to USC on some level if Helton somehow hires a fucking staff that isn't a pure dumpster fire. McCoy will likely commit this weekend if KK is the case. 

That all considered, what a crazy dumb move by Kingsbury if he takes the USC job. I don't care how much money they're offering him. The odds of Helton saving his job after a mass staff layoff and a 5-7 season, with, frankly, no previous history of extended success, seem incredibly low. 

eh, i don't know if it's that crazy dumb.  if he's truly being pursued by the nfl, then a successful year as oc at usc could be a nice platform.  he's in a no lose situation that pays well and gives him both cover and exposure.  probably not the easiest needle to thread coming off a long losing streak and a pink slip.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

eh, i don't know if it's that crazy dumb.  if he's truly being pursued by the nfl, then a successful year as oc at usc could be a nice platform.  he's in a no lose situation that pays well and gives him both cover and exposure.  probably not the easiest needle to thread coming off a long losing streak and a pink slip.

If you're going to be the grammar guy will you use capital letters please.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

Yeah, but he more than likely gets 1 year to install his system with guys he didn't recruit before his head coach runs out of good will amongst USC fans and perhaps admins. This is why everyone has been comparing it to Sterlin's sitution. It's obviously not the exact same, but is strikingly similar. 

Not worried about jake or anyone else that had interest in USC. 

WE GONNA THROW IT DOWN AGAINST OU AND BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF GEORGIA! Then Bru and Sanders will come the party. 

Edited by DoneWithit

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Disagree. The guy is going to have his pick of the litter for what he does next in his career. I realize you'd buttsex the MSA of LA all day if you could, but it's not a great situation to opt into when there are other choices galore. Given the tax situation in CA and the instability of the USC program, it's not like taking a deal in Dallas or elsewhere for a little less wouldn't make plenty of sense.

Granted, I'm biased in that, while I love visiting many parts of CA, LA included, I would never live there and I don't enjoy sunshine as a constant. Also, I don't like working for dipshits on the hot seat and would never do that again after having done it once. Kingsbury is choosing a situation that would make me nauseous. I will now root vehemently for his glorious failure.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

shhh emoji might as well be a bullseye.  they're coming to Texas

They’re trolling.

also, Adimora would be brain dead to reconsider USC because of Kingsbury. The air raid completely hangs the defense out to dry as a general practice. At this point I would circle the wagons on Smith though and try and shut him down.

With all the smoke about Beaty "consulting" Texas leading into the Big12 CG  

Something i think we are missing is his name.being connected with any other job vacancy. I havent seen anything. And he is respected enough to at least be talked to about some. As an OC or position coach at least. 

Maybe wishful thinking. But its kinda like he already knows where hes going. 

24 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Something i think we are missing is his name.being connected with any other job vacancy. I havent seen anything. And he is respected enough to at least be talked to about some. As an OC or position coach at least. 

I've seen some aggies talk about him as a Brewster replacement. Nothing credible. Hoping it's not true. 

Being the head coach at Kansas will do that to a mans career.

I don’t think Beaty is going to have a ton of options as an OC - but once a few more coaches get hired and start putting together staffs I expect we’ll here him connected to quite a few WR coach openings.